Zero Punctuation: Driver: San Francisco

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I don't care much for driving games either... though the possession thing in this game sounds like fun.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Honestly, it doesn't sound like it has very good driving mechanics from how Yahtzee describes it, but it does sound decently fun. Still not gonna get it, though. Just like Yahtzee I'm not much for driving games.

Best line ever: "Yes, it kinda is so fucking goofy that Disney would file a restraining order."
I'm gonna have to use that in my day to day life.

So, anyone else look at the first comment while making a little mental bet as to what the infraction was? I was betting on him saying "FIRST", but it was a low content offense.

Steady Drain

Jan 23, 2010
i played the demo and the driving physics were disgustingly terrible. yes i know its an arcade racer. terrible. what a shame. maybe the physics aren't to bad as the game progresses. any thoughts?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I thought Tanner was going to project out of the ice cream guy's body, looking lean as ever, leaving the poor ice cream guy to deal with the morbid obesity Tanner's gorging had left him with...

Kanatatsu

Nov 26, 2010
Couldn't have been less interested in this game. And after the rubberbanding point, I'm still not, in spite of Yahtzee's weirdly glowing review.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
FoolKiller said:
Wow. Unfortunately the review is meaningless in my opinion by what Yahtzee himself said... He hasn't played a lot of driving games.

The driving in Driver is absolutely atrocious. While I find the story to be interesting and the concept of 'shifting' to be a fresh new idea, the whole package falls flat on its face when the driving in a game called Driver is so weak and unwieldy.
Yahtzee reviews whatever but whenever he reviews a game he's not very well seasoned in. well usually it turns out like monster hunter so this was a real change of pace. Personally If you want a really good review of this game you should probably look just about anywhere else. Yahtzee just made a nice video out of this is all.

Seriously why is everyone befuddled?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
DarkhoIlow said:
I might give it a shot when it comes out on the PC on the 27th.
Well, don't forget to crack it and break some ToS, 'cause the DRM's batshit.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
Well, I'm genuinely surprised that Yahtzee ended up liking the game. I wasn't sure about the teleporting to any car you want mechanic from the early reviews, but it looks to improve the pacing of the game quite a bit. So I think I'll give it a try.

Feb 13, 2008
kebab4you said:
Adam Jensen said:
The Human Torch said:
The whole astral plane projection into other bodies (even if it's a dream) just seems terribly contrived to me. This has been a real deal breaker to me. Enjoyable video though.
So an innovative feature not seen anywhere else in any video game ever is a deal breaker to you? You're weird.
o_o leaping between bodies isn't exactly a new idea even for a game.

Been done once or twice...decades ago.

Kapol said:
But how does a Sweet Jump hold up against Refined Metal? <-TF2 joke
Sweet Jump = Stout Shako, so 2 refined. <-Another TF2 joke.

Trippeh

Feb 25, 2010
i was hoping for a pc demo (i haven't used my steering wheel since GRID), but the 360 version is damn decent. i shall be purchasing this game.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Driver: San Francisco

This week, Zero Punctuation is pleasantly surprised by Driver: San Francisco.

Watch Video
If you can't pass a driving test in Australia, please take the hint; take the taxi and stay the fuck off the road. It's bad enough as it is.

MiloBMofo

May 7, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
A Driver game that isn't an annoyingly sluggish frustration fest?

Who'da thunk?
thats why i didn't get it ;) but will pick it up when it's REALLY CHEAP lol

Also i played and HATED the orginals cos of the stupid handling, the almost impossible difficulty, the stupid ai, the hit a newspaper stand and spin out/ crash / dead stop mission failed(when chasing).

is this the same or better ? pm me please ;)

zero_traveler

Aug 14, 2011
I dunno where else to put this.

I find it hilarious that there is an ad on these Zero Punctuation Vids that adverts Miracle of Sound as "Press X to Rock" despite Yahtzee's Known Hatred of "Press X to not Die" QTE's.