Zero Punctuation: Fable 2

elitejah

Nov 12, 2008
Honestly, I wondering the whole god damn time how that dog was still alive, I mean shit, my dog is 16 and can barely hear and had some walking problems for a while. Then the other weird thing... is that if you have a child before you go to the spire (where the child is born the next day after you have sex), when you come out of the spire after 10 years, your kid is 9 years old. This game has no concept of time.

ShadowFlex

Jan 15, 2008
Firstly NewClassic,
Please refrain from talking about a single point of my post, unless you wish to discuss it as a whole. Also if you want to discuss something I post with me please keep the subject matter in hand as "-USER BANNED-" Was only an off topic joke and was not intended to be taken seriously or by any means offend your eyes.

Secondly,
Stop acting as if you?re a forum moderator, you have no jurisdiction over what is posted on these boards and I find your "holier-than-though" Attitude grating.

Thirdly, (and by far not least)
Classing me along side the 4channers for using one line of caps from what was a fully coherent post, are you serious? Well you posted on my comment so that must make you a?-Chooses from random selection- Oh a Nazi!

Well sorry to Yahtzee for going completely off-topic, but some people just get the worst of you sometimes, ya-know?

DannyDamage

Aug 27, 2008
I was also excited at a potential 7 minute long edition of Zero Punctuation, only to find those god-damn adverts are back! :(

Great review non the less dude!

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
i thought the game was really good but as yahtzee said it himself he does have unreasonable standards regardless that was a funny video

Dragon_Nexus

Jul 17, 2008
After seeing SR2 last week, I figured this would be next...and I'm glad I was right

But my god that's a scarey PM head. Makes excellent comic sence, but still scarey =S
And Yahtzee seemed to be in sarcasm overdrive this week...Like it XD

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
That was...what's the phrase I'm looking for?

Public Flogging? No, not quite.
Savage Beating? Closer, but that implies Molyneux lived.
Ahh yes, I've got it...

A ruthless, Chaotic Evil, teabag the corpse Counter-strike style BOOM HEADSHOT total fucking massacre of Peter Molyneux's fragile sense of self-worth. That's it. And I laughed my gods-damned ass off.

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
I beat this game in 2 days, way before this review and had exactly the same thoughts. Fucking hilarious though, I wanted to kill my children but unfortunately I spawned immortals. Plus most of the quests felt like chores and god knows why I would want to save for everything if you can't do anything with it.

Muphin_Mann

Oct 4, 2007
Ok review.

It used to be funny to watch him hate on games, but after a while the joy ears off. The fanboys on one side of the line defending the games get annoying and the jerkholes on the other side agree with Ben...well....
They were always annoying. It was funny when he shot the game, but the bit where lifeless sociopaths stand around going "Ha ha. Yea, that one sucked. Ha ha. I wonder what its like to actualy play it? Ha ha." over its broken body was old on day 1.

So the review was funny, but by now its old. The only thing i still lol at is the rare occasion when he compliments a game because of how annoyed he sounds at having to give the game its due.

It would be interesting to put the ability to kill children into the game, but then again why not let you rape people rather than seduce them?
I hate to tell you all this...but: Games are not real life. No game has the proccessing power to give you all the choices we have in reality, so some things are gonna get cut. In addition, as graphics get better, the games that allow acts of mindless sadistic violence tend to get targeted by moral extremists. Or even people who just happen to dislike child killing.

Although as i pointed out before a lot of Bens fans come across as parroting sociopaths who are at this point probably saying to themselves "Hey! I dont mind games that let you kill children! Yahtzee supports murdering children then so do I! Haha. Freedom to be a sadistic psychopath and live out my twisted fantasy! Haha."
A ruthless, Chaotic Evil, teabag the corpse Counter-strike style BOOM HEADSHOT total fucking massacre of Peter Molyneux's fragile sense of self-worth. That's it. And I laughed my gods-damned ass off.
See Exhibit A above.

Hiroshi Mishima

Sep 25, 2008
I gotta say... this review was everything I actually expected it to be. The humouresque tone of the Charismatic Stallion aside, Fable 2 was exactly what I'd expected it to be upon researching it. It's just an upgrade of the original, with less freedom than it promised. Good on yer, Yahztee for reading my mind again.

Nov 11, 2008
I became king in this game and bought ever single f*cKing house bought a mansion and it took me two whole f*cking days to do it and after all that I get no Royality bonus no one saying "How you do King" Why the H3ll Would you allow someone to be crowned King and then Tell them You can't do anything with your powers you can still get arrested you can walk into bowerstone and kill 1000 people and your only penitaly is doing a quest to kill some troll to Repay your debt its just retarded Thanks Yahtzee It really gives me pleasure on wendsdays when you take games that are full of themself and Tear that Aszhole Up. :D

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Qayin said:
m_jim said:
Qayin said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that it doesn't. Granted it's been a while since I have seen the movie, but I don't think that ever happened. What part are you thinking of?
I'm probably thinking of a different film, but I was sure at one point a child was accidentally shot...

No, I think I'm thinking of a different film, sorry.
In Bruges, maybe? It's also got two fast-talking, smarty pants hitmen.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
As much as i truly love the game and its predecessor, this review was spot on in my opinion.
It is just more of the same with a little more piled on for good measure... with a dog.

Every issue brought up was relevant and true, but it left me wondering...

Why not mention the other(admittedly) more obvious flaws?

DYin01

Oct 18, 2008
Alexious said:
Thank you Yahtzee for giving me something to look forward to on a Wednesday :)
Agreed! Too bad thousands of other people apparently think the same, because I can never get to the video till somewhere around 22:00 (or 10PM, if you're American).

Heroic One

Aug 29, 2007
Chips is not a proper name for a dog!

Also, good lord, the way the Escapist is whoring themselves out to Nuts & Bolts, I hope Croshaw doesn't review it... they might break his legs or something if he gives it a bad review.

Nov 11, 2008
Heroic One said:
Chips is not a proper name for a dog!

Also, good lord, the way the Escapist is whoring themselves out to Nuts & Bolts, I hope Croshaw doesn't review it... they might break his legs or something if he gives it a bad review.
I don't know escapist is out to make a dam and he WILL review and hell tear it that sh!t up because its bound to be terrible

Nov 11, 2008
ANTI-SANTA said:
Fuck off Yahztee. Fable 2 was awsome and is still one of my all time favorites. Fuck you are so one dimensional.
Get off the forms peter and go back to Lionhead...dam Brisish...

Emiley Tomsen

Nov 13, 2008
So far the videos have been playing fine for me, once and a rare while they freeze or lag a bit. I use Firefox, but as for some of the complaints on the game adverts at the start and end of the video, well that's just business. Gotta advertise to keep the site free to the general public, I'm willing to suffer the ADs if it means getting to watch these great reviews. I'm grateful to my friend who introduced me to this, keep up the great work!