Zero Punctuation: God of War: Chains of Olympus

AnGeL.SLayer

Oct 8, 2007
Hamster at Dawn said:
Should I be worried now if my girlfriend likes these reviews?

Yes...Yes you should.

hehe ^_^

On topic. I'd like to think they made his jawline like that so females would even consider picking up the controller...but thats just me.

Great review...talked a little faster than normal it seemed or perhaps my sleep deprivation is starting to get to me.

pkmnSilver

Apr 23, 2008
I like Brawl but it does have its flaws and judging that you hate multi player I guess I cant blame you for not liking Brawl. I would not be surprised though if about the same amount of people wanted you to review GTA IV. but anyways keep up the good work.

Amoena

Mar 30, 2008
Hmmm....might pick up a copy of God of War now, maybe for cheap at GAME TRADERS ROBINA.....sorry ^_^

menhir

Jun 15, 2007
Boing.

Fangface74 said:
Damn, I hoped that if a PSP title was gonna get it, it would have been Final Fantasy:Crisis Core (I liked the game, just ZP would have had a field day with it!)

Own up if you hope next week GTA gets some ZP action......
Does GTA really need another review from anyone on this planet? Crisis Core would be good, though.

pkmnSilver

Apr 23, 2008
menhir said:
Boing.

Fangface74 said:
Damn, I hoped that if a PSP title was gonna get it, it would have been Final Fantasy:Crisis Core (I liked the game, just ZP would have had a field day with it!)

Own up if you hope next week GTA gets some ZP action......
Does GTA really need another review from anyone on this planet? Crisis Core would be good, though.
The only JRPG's he likes are the Paper mario series and the Earthbound series

Xenoveritas

Mar 26, 2008
menhir said:
Quicky Crisis Core rev

Modulating Phase
7 2 7!

iew: the story is completely incomprehensible unle

Modulating Phase
1 4 1!

ss you've played Final Fantasy VII, and the co

Modulating Phase
3 3 3!
Power Surge!

mbat keeps on getting interrupted by the stupid DMW. Even if it winds up coming up with nothing.

So if you want to continue the story of Final Fantasy VII, remember who Zack is, and understand the relationship between JENOVA and Sephiroth, go for it.

Otherwise, stay far, far away.

Odjin

Nov 14, 2007
Uhm... did I just see something dragon like ( remotely... veeeeeery remotely :D ) at 2:17? Bring back your first one ( fable ) it had been hilarious ;)

ayoama

Feb 7, 2008
and like Devil May Cry, what we're really here for is the combat which, as I've already said, is satisfying to the point of eroticism. There's something almost balletic about Kratos swinging his chains around, disemboweling a succession of gurgling dance partners, and there's actually skill to it.

Word. Being able to create beautiful, adrenaline powered battle choreographies is the main reason I love fighting games, DMC and GoW.
Nice review, and loved the ending ;)

Thediscoducky

Apr 17, 2008
Not your best but still excellent.
BTW I was expecting a lot of complaining about QTE, your nemesis (as he stated in RE:UC)

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
I watch these reviews for three good reasons.

1.) Yathzee's Sense of humor
2.) Excellent and right to the point reviews with a 70% accurate Ratio
3.) To see the top one or two people get banned for posting YAY FIRST or so on and so on.

Decent review Yathzee.

WTF is what Imp doing with that one horn? LMAO!!!!!!!!

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Digikid said:
3.) To see the top one or two people get banned for posting YAY FIRST or so on and so on.
The only time the ban was ever worth it is for the people on the SSBB review, unless there is a GTAIV one or MGS4 one, then those will also be huge and possibly worth a ban to have you grave dug right into the first comment of an epic ZP.

One Exclamation

Apr 30, 2008
Another hilarious review with tits.

I assume you will be forced to criticize Grand Theft Auto soon? I'm sorry.

To any of the ZP fans reading this: Was anyone else peeved by the horrible way G4 went along with the early Zero Punctuation viewing?

Satoz

Apr 29, 2008
I found this rather true at some points, as I have played the other god of wars, including this one. The storyline seems to generally stick to what you said, as do the weapons you get in some ways. It was a good review, not one of the best ones, but ok. The only thing that bugged me is that you missed some of the rather obvious good points in the game, even in the first level, you have the unexpected attack as you try to lift a door (a common practice in the other god of war games) which I found hilarious, also you missed a certain mini-game as others have stated, that I am also surprised at. I liked the comment that it was like a ballet of fighting, becuase essentially it is.

as a personal opinion on god of war, the only thing that bothers me is unlockables, after getting them, you dont feel like playing as the mime of war or Mckratos or the spud of war as you have just used alot of time, and suffered through tons of frustration, that its like beating a classic game for the sake of beating it. Anyways thats all for now

sutlers

Apr 30, 2008
But if you're one of those girlfriends of viewers who don't actually play games but likes watching these videos anyway because they secretly want to fuck me
Fuck, outed.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
PrimeZero2 said:
What? No complaining about QTEs?
That's exactly what I expected to hear. I kept thinking, "At any moment, I'm going to hear about how this game features 'God of War style simon says button mashing sequences... Wait! This is God of War!'" Anyway, eveyything he said about the game is true, seeing as the only really useful Magic is the area of affect magic in every game.

sammy119

Apr 27, 2008
Loved the review.
One scary bit though; when he says at the end, "eat that Brian Payne lets see how many deadlegs" etc, I got kinda scared because Brian Payne is my Chemistry teacher!
I dunno, maybe scared isnt the right word, but...I'll never see him in the same way again.

By the way, Brian Payne is a massive *expletive deleted*, and it wouldnt surprise me if he was a bully.

Needless to say I'll be asking him tomorrow if he knew a "Ben Croshaw" :p

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Y'know, where are all these girls coming from? Do girls play or even care about video games now? This isn't some sort of sick joke, is it? You ARE real people, right?