Zero Punctuation: Injustice: Gods Among Us

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
WONK. Made me laugh.

In all seriousness, I knew pretty much nothing about the game except it seems to gain a metric ton of praise from reddit. Then I saw this review and realized it's a fighting game made by the people who made Mortal Kombat set in the DC universe.

Well... I guess I don't need to play it then.

Jan 12, 2012
You could at least give Catwoman kudos for having finally saved up enough to buy clothes that actually zip up, as opposed to Arkham City where it seemed like a deep breath would push the game into Custer's Revenge territory.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
I remember asking during the review of Injustice if it was vastly better than the demo. The demo with fugly character models, break-up-the-action-and-therefore-the-fun super-move/cutscenes, and uninteresting gameplay. The answer I was given (at the time) was that the actual game was in all aspects better than the demo. This review strongly suggests otherwise. So yeah it's Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe minus the Mortal Kombat characters. Woo.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
INJUSTICE was a silly game, but that's kind of exactly what I wanted it to be.

Also, the credit jokes made me laugh in this video. :)

MonkeyPunch

Feb 20, 2008
I quite enjoyed this one.

Also dyslexia comes in handy sometimes. I was like "What's so funny about 'built like a shit brickhouse'? That just a normal... oooh."

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Ok I need to get a bigger image of that Action comic issue of Superman had become fat!

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Online play and pissing on your own shoes are now in the same category? Sounds about right.

Scarim Coral said:
Ok I need to get a bigger image of that Action comic issue of Superman had become fat!
Wish granted...

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Sooooo Tenkaichi 3 with DC characters? I'd play it but anything more complex than the Tekken style fighting system throws me for a loop.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Like when he did Mortal Kombat, I think Yahtzee is missing the point of Super Moves.
In MK9, he complained about the X-ray moves and how they were pointless as the character just got right back up after having their bones turned to dust, Somewhat missing out on the fact that they took off 30+% of the enemy's health.

As for Clashing, it's a Combo Breaker and it can restore the defenders health which is a big deal in a fighting game.

Still, Top notch review.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I hate moves that practially are piss breaks.

I thought Yahtzee was talking about the story mode with the meandering thing. Feels like it goes on an hour too long.

Thunderous Cacophony said:
You could at least give Catwoman kudos for having finally saved up enough to buy clothes that actually zip up, as opposed to Arkham City where it seemed like a deep breath would push the game into Custer's Revenge territory.
Her super power is not falling out of that suit when dangled upside down by Two Face.

Drauger

Dec 22, 2011
Well I lost interest in MK sine what? trilogy or something like that? since then every game is pure crap, and i think the same about MK(9) and MK vs DC, so yeah downloaded the demo, then saw drag wonder woman ( perhaps the parallel universe xplains why in this universe is a man cross dresing as wonder woman) played it a bit, and surprise it sucked. al character models are FUGLY, the phisycs of the game suck ... crap................ as a fan of dc comics and a gammer my final toughts are: why did you had to chose marvel capcom?.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Aptspire said:
"Suoerman either becomes fat or evil."
But... I liked 'Red Son' :(
He didn't really become evil in Red Son. He was raised by Soviets, so it was more along the lines of "lies, oppression and the soviet way"

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Akratus said:
Character development? In Arkham city? You've lost some of my respect, Yahtzee.
Well, you have to admit, What they did with the characters and story was a bit better then what they did in Injustice.
Watching the trailers and coverage, I was expecting a conflict between all the characters as Supes starts going evil.
I remember watching one trailer that showed Batman and Lex side by side about to fight the other members of the Justice League and how the story mode would be set on a timeline showing the world going to hell (Like actually showing how Green Lantern went Yellow)

But no: Alt Universe un-connected to all the playable characters and all tension and suspense broke, like the ending to Breaking Dawn-Part 2.