Zero Punctuation: iPhone Games

V TheSystem V

Sep 11, 2009
Angry Birds rocks. As does Cut the Rope. Doodle Jump too, makes the iPhone a fun little 'console'.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Meh, I kinda dismiss the iPhone as a game platform, maybe I shouldn't but I tend to need to be entertained by a game for more than an hour.
Granted, for a small price, I'm not expecting much.

Oh, and Civilization Revolution is on the iPhone, so now my addiction can be taken with me.
That's a plus.

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Very proud to say I don't own a Iphone, find it extremely useless for the amount of money I have to pay for it...

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
SpaceChick said:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Badim/doodle-god
You can play Doodle God on kon though
I just wanted to link it and you beat me to it. You can find most of the iPhone games (or similar in gameplay) on Kongregate.

Jul 9, 2010
Yeah, great review. I had been expecting Fable 3 but I like that you went with something different, non-traditional and often unexamined, particularly as it's a good outlet for small developers.
Also I like what you did with the ending credits.

Now I want an iPhone.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
True Nero said:
i have a droid. most of the games are the same and it's nice to see them other on JUST the iPhone.

and is just me or am i the only one who see's the ZP imp every time i look at the picture of the Droid mascot?
No, I noticed quite a while ago that the ZP imp and the Android Mascot look so close to each other you'd think they were just good and evil twin versions of the other.

I also have an Android phone, and it is good that more developers now are recognizing the Android platform as legitimate for gaming. I think the fact that Angry Birds had about 8 million downloads will act as a Sirens call to other developers and that many will release for both iOS and Android. Hopefully Android will get Cut the Rope soon, but I am very satisfied with Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja is okay (albeit extremely repetitive..)

Vibhor

Aug 4, 2010
Doodlegod is popular because of fucking newgrounds.
They have plenty of fans there

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
damn, I was really hoping to see him play robot unicorn assault, cmon yahtzee, you know you want it

Boletes Net

Nov 9, 2010
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
iPhone Games

This week, Zero Punctuations reviews some of the popular iPhone games at this time.

Watch Video
That was kinda shit Yahtzee, just talk about rape.....ffs

codernator

Apr 3, 2009
I'm too miserly to spend more than $20 on any phone, so IPhone can burn in hell along with all its cheap, gimicky shit.

And yes, Mars is a tough place to live, but not so impossible. "Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids. In fact it's cold as hell, and there's no one there to raise them, if you dig."

I have my sights set on moving to Jupiter in the near future.

Poisoned Al

Feb 16, 2008
I don't have an iPhone and I don't bloody want one. Partly because I hate the idea of giving Apple money for a polished turd, but mostly becuase I have a habit of sending my phones on a trip through the washing machine. Therefore, all my phones have been cheap crap.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Great episode, the best one in a good while! I like any non-conventional episode, do more of those plz!
I'd love to hear your views on Robot Unicorn Attack, Yahtzee!
Oh, and I don't breathe. Breathing is for n00bz.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I'm on Mars? Sweet!

Some of those games look appealing, but I don't have an iPhone, there's almost no service in the area, and I'm not dumb enough to buy something expensive and shiny because everyone else has one.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
I am one of the rare, 20-something year old well to do young people who has never before owned a mobile phone of any kind :)
I know, people don't get how I survive... I don't get how their brains work.