Zero Punctuation: iPhone Games

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Hmm, it was a nice episode but kind of disappointing since I believe all of us, or atleast most of us know those games so nothing new here.

wtfsteam

Sep 30, 2010
No Iphone.
I've been considering getting a secondhand ipod touch at a reasonable price, however.
Then I realised I was considering becoming a trend-whore by owning an apple product and seriously considered jumped off a building instead.

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Answer: Very Carefully (by now, even if you haven't seen the video, all the comments will tell you the question this answers)

Anyways, I find it hard to buy a game that I could probably also get the same sort of design for by going to Newgrounds and carefully hunting (and yes it would be buried somewhere, but I'd probably have to spend the same effort in the appstore as well, and there I'd have to spend money). I'm not against handhelds (god, no my first platform was a gameboy and the first game I ever OWNED was Pokemon. I didn't even get a console until the PS2 finally made the PS1 drop in price, so I know full well how many great games can be made for them), rather I'm against the fact that a lot of these games seem to be the sort of game that, while entertaining, feel more like a minigame. I'd be fine if the platform contained a bit more real games (and yes, I know they exist on there as I've found a sort of FF Tactics game on the games section that contained a story on iTunes), but right now it feel like a hopelessly large home of casual games.

Lastly, I'd like to say that I do enjoy casual games and do actually own a few myself, my problem here is devoting a console to them.

wetfart

Jul 11, 2010
I am able to breath on mars because I brought along several potted plants. They get heavy after awhile so I rigged up the Mars Rover to carry them for me.

Luciano Silva

Aug 26, 2010
I never expected a iphone video, makes me want to buy an iphone, btw you just bring a lifetime supply of oxygen to live on mars

PS2MAN

May 17, 2009
Wait, he skipped over Sonic Colours because it has a cutscene in it? You mean like nearly every game out there atm? Shit, how will he ever get past that bullcrap AC Brotherhood will throw at him with the space time bending fruit cloning people.

Pretty sure he had another sonic haterant ready that he cannot use because this time it is actually good. Hard to believe I know, I had also lost faith in sega at this point but trust me. It's as close to sonic adventure 3 we'll ever get.

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
True Nero said:
and is just me or am i the only one who see's the ZP imp every time i look at the picture of the Droid mascot?
You just made me shit bricks!

Oh, and Android rules, Steve Jobs can take it roughly up the bum from hairy men.

Bill Fleming said:
the view from mars is great and my droid x is still outperforming the iphone :)
*Internet high-fivez*

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Now you see, the trick to breathing on Mars is tp believe very intensely that everything is going to be alright.

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
Incidentally i watched his episode on my iphone. Safe to say The Escapist is my favorite "game" on the iphone.

Boaal

Dec 30, 2008
Holy fuck, that was actually the funniest episode in the last ten or so.

Also I found a way to breath on mars by giving it atmosphere. With my cock.

Sideromelane

Oct 11, 2010
I don't need to breathe on Mars, I sent my Android to bring me back 400 tons of martian soil and that little rover bot.

Because Androids can do that.

And they can run Angry Birds too, I just need to download it now you reviewed it for me.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
That was pretty awesome. I'd still like to see a Sonic Colors review, though.

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Nah, I won't be getting an iPhone, I always use Nokia phones. But I might get an iPad or iPod Touch.
Yahtzee didn't mention Rage HD, is it truly as shit as people say?

Sep 4, 2009
So, will Sequels Rippoffs and Wank be available for preorder anytime soon?

(I know writing your autobiography when you aren't even 30 is perhaps a bit of an egotrip, but who here really believes videogaming will change so much the title would need to be revised)