Zero Punctuation: Mailbag Showdown

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Deadwings said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
O.k., this is it, Yahtzee has proved himself to be just as idiotic, by complaining about getting hate mail. When you sell out (as he did when he signed up for worldwide recognition when he joined this site) you are going to be in the public eye, and as such will have your every move scrutinised. When you make a move that seems random and/or biased (the Brawl review, or, say, a print cartoonist making a racist joke) you are going to cop a lot of hate. If you don't like it, resign instantly, as its only going to get worse when you review Guns of the Patriots.

But I don't know why I bother with this, he's never going to read it and realise any of this.

And where the hells my actual review?
1. It was good GTA 4 Review Stall Material.
2. Assuming he is a total sellout, what's so bad about Yahtzee 'selling out'? He insults video games for a living, christ, you aren't supposed to take it as art.

I would list more, bu it really seems like that covers your whining. Don't like it? Don't watch. You aren't paying to view this - and no where does the Escapist/Yahtzee have any obligation to provide you with a review.

I mean, come on. "my review?" What the hell? Since when are you entitled to a game review every week, or anything for that matter? So you don't like how he trashed a game you liked, grow the hell up already and move on.
With all due respect, are you using your skull to store old rags?

I never complained about him selling out. What I said was that once he, arguably, became a celebrity he cannot really complain about getting hate mail. He really should have seen it coming when he signed on. To judge from any celebrity, anywhere, ever. (And no, thats not literal, its whats called hyperbole).

And you might notice that that last line was not backed up at all, and seems to be a throwaway comment. Thats whats called a joke. Its tough for those of us with only a brain stem to understand, so please just take my word for it.
"When you sell out (as he did when he signed up for worldwide recognition when he joined this site)"

Yes you did.

WiseHacker

Mar 22, 2008
I hope the fan boys for Brawl learned their lesson. Yahtzee, while a review, is first and foremost a human being.

The fan base of Brawl wanted him to review it, he did, he gave his opinion, and they all cry foal because he didn't tell him want they wanted to hear.

There's one word to describe this: CHILDISH! If you bully someone (don't frown Brawl fans, you *did* bully Yahtzee into doing this) into doing something, of course they are going to hate it!

I tip off my hat to you, Yahtzee. I'm a Nintendo fan myself, but it gets annoying when people start liking a franchise so much they become ignorant of its faults.

Alluminn

May 7, 2008
Honestly, I believe everything he said about Brawl to be true. I like the game, it's one of my personal favorites, but everything he said is freaking true. I never quite get why people get offended when one of their favorite games isn't liked by someone. What you do is don't give a shit about what they think and move on.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
NezumiiroKitsune said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Deadwings said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
O.k., this is it, Yahtzee has proved himself to be just as idiotic, by complaining about getting hate mail. When you sell out (as he did when he signed up for worldwide recognition when he joined this site) you are going to be in the public eye, and as such will have your every move scrutinised. When you make a move that seems random and/or biased (the Brawl review, or, say, a print cartoonist making a racist joke) you are going to cop a lot of hate. If you don't like it, resign instantly, as its only going to get worse when you review Guns of the Patriots.

But I don't know why I bother with this, he's never going to read it and realise any of this.

2. Assuming he is a total sellout, what's so bad about Yahtzee 'selling out'? He insults video games for a living, christ, you aren't supposed to take it as art.

I would list more, bu it really seems like that covers your whining. Don't like it? Don't watch. You aren't paying to view this - and no where does the Escapist/Yahtzee have any obligation to provide you with a review.

I mean, come on. "my review?" What the hell? Since when are you entitled to a game review every week, or anything for that matter? So you don't like how he trashed a game you liked, grow the hell up already and move on.

I never complained about him selling out. What I said was that once he, arguably, became a celebrity he cannot really complain about getting hate mail. He really should have seen it coming when he signed on. To judge from any celebrity, anywhere, ever. (And no, thats not literal, its whats called hyperbole).

And you might notice that that last line was not backed up at all, and seems to be a throwaway comment. Thats whats called a joke. Its tough for those of us with only a brain stem to understand, so please just take my word for it.
"When you sell out (as he did when he signed up for worldwide recognition when he joined this site)"

Yes you did.
How is that complaining? That I called it selling out? What else do you call it? Going corporate? Gaining employers? The phrase was the one that lept to mind at the time, and I meant it as a neutral word, with no positive or negative connotations. What I said was that he sold out. What I did NOT say (and you seem to think I did) is that was a bad thing.
Getting paid, for something you enjoy, without any 3rd party or employer interferance, with complete freedom to say what you like. Not selling out.

Just the fact he lets us contact him and takes (albeit rather en masse) requests to heart should be seen as a statment to his still completely undictated lifestyle. If getting paid is selling out, then selling out would no longer have any meaning. Pokemon has sold out. Yahtzee hasnt.

Dammit he only reviewed SSBB because we yelled at him to. Now he responds to us being whiney cunts we whine some more about how he's sold out and how he sucks. FFS, SSBB was the single worst review idea he listened to. Democracy doesnt work.

Paincake

May 7, 2008
Nintendo isn't your financial source for you to suck Miyamoto's cock so much. Seriously you faggots need to grow up and just realise its nothing more then a review by some random guy on the internet.

skakashijutsu

Feb 26, 2008
conqueror Kenny said:
choaskast said:
lols i must agree alot with yahtzee, they are all illerate retard fanboys or just plain retards
Sorry had to be done.
Yeah, whoever sends in comments questioning a reviewers judgement needs to roll over and FRIGGIN' DIE. If you don't like it, then go somewhere else with your half-ass complaints. It's not like God really loves you enough to make Yahtzee give a bull-squirted-shit.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Zeithri said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Zeithri said:
Indigo_Dingo said:
Deadwings said:
Indigo_Dingo said:

Just sigh at everything you say.
It's just so retarded.
Would you mind telling me why? Or is this one of those cases where defending an idea that differs slightly from your own (I know you like Smash Bros., but have taken the role of superficial pacifist, and as such my posts differ to yours) is automatically dismissed as idiotic due to your selective ignorance, or seen that way through selective tweaking?
Because everything I read from you from about.. 1 page ago is "Bu-Hu-Hu, Yathzee is bad :(" and it seemingly won't stop either.
And so a well reasoned argument giving my opinions weight is retarded, whereas calling someone retarded based on extremely faulty ground is not?

For the record, I am mentally retarded, I have a low level of Autism, known as Aspergers syndrome. I don't see how that suddenly invalidates my opinion.
-.- Conspiracys (your above post, regarding "people who hate SSBB influencing yahtzee") and now Aspergers Sydrome which I'd like everyone to know is very common and most men in Britain suffer from this mild form of it, while some people who believe they have Aspergers actually just suffer from a lifeless social life, spending countless hours locked away in a dark room playing games and blogging about how bad yahtzee is. A alienated lifestyle can lead to symptoms that would mimick Aspergers. My cousin has it seriously, if you had Aspergers to ANY fesable degree you wouldnt be here making this absurd argument.

skakashijutsu

Feb 26, 2008
Honestly, who gives a flying fuck about pretty much everything Indgo_Dingo said? First of all, I don't EVER want to see that ANYONE is complaining about how an episode of a fucking webcast wasn't to their satisfaction. It's quite obvious that the man is trying to get some more time to play through all the games that you people are constantly showing down his throat to review, so BACK THE FUCK OFF. I don't see you pumping out weekly reviews on a real website that people actually go to.