Zero Punctuation: Mailbag Showdown

Jack Spencer Jr

Dec 15, 2007
sanzar said:
Not sure what all the fuss is all about... the way people are carrying on you'd think he'd insulted their mothers
Well, it's like this...

Did you see Fight Club? Remember how Tyler Durden said stuff like "You are not your job. You are not how much money you have in your bank account"? Well, we're dealing with people who have no identity or sense of self-worth aside from the games they play. Therefore, if you criticize the game, they take it personally.

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
Kaos Incarnate said:
NezumiiroKitsune said:
INDIGO YOUR WASTING YOUR LIFE! Consider you wont care about SSBB in a year or 2, and you'll have wasted countless hours in this trivial argument defending a game. GO PLAY SSBB IF ITS THAT IMPORTANT! NO! STOP! No.... BAD INDIGO. DONT REPLY! Just close the window, walk away, and know you were right SSBB wasnt as bad a Yahtzee said it was. BUT NOTHING WILL CHANGE HE SAID IT, AND NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR OPINION. ARE YOU GOING TO STOP WATCHING ZERO PUNTUATION? ITS JUST A WEB CAST AND SSBB IS JUST A GAME! Who was right doesnt matter! Your wasting your life, go do something, if you must talk about SSBB go to a forum and do so and talk constructively. Talk about what you'd like to see next, what could have been better, what your favourite part of the game was but for the love of everything that is gaming STOP COMPLAINING!

Apply as needed to anyone else with the same socially devoid forum spamming tendancies as Indigo, if you hate Yahtzeee now, start a new forum. I'm sure he'd be more than happy for you to do so.

Nkitsune (proven a liar ¬_¬)
I still care about Melee, just as much as I care about every Zelda game made. Just because Brawl is the latest game, doesn't mean we should stop caring about the roots of that game.
And I still care about MGS, but if Yahtzee did an review and said it was shit I'd laugh it off and say bravo another excellent review.

On a side note, I advise everyone to listen to Cold War Kids. They're definalty different. Dont however listen to St. John and think shit, thats rather a weak song. If all else fails listen to Here comes the sun. John Lennon was a genius.

Tanthalos

Mar 25, 2008
Melty Blood said:
Well done, and while going through your mailbox isn't exactly professional it's still entertaining.
Well he hasn't finished GTA 4 yet so he had no game to review this week.

Kaos Incarnate

May 7, 2008
NezumiiroKitsune said:
And I still care about MGS2, but if Yahtzee came and told me it was shit I'd laugh it off and say bravo another excellent review.
Heh I don't doubt that. I'm guessing this whole mess was some misinterpretaion of his words, like when he insulted the fanboys in his original review, most people assumed everyone who played the game are ignorant fanboys. Even so, the fanboys of the 360 and PS3 weren't helping with the "Brawl still shit" comments.

papa smurf

May 9, 2008
It?s great reviews like this one that do half the work for me by getting my girlfriend aroused, thank you Yahtzee, for making my life easier

Igoram78

May 4, 2008
zacoid5 said:
Seems some people just got their backsides handed too them by the power that is Yahtzee.

Well said Yahtzee, well said indeed.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Mozz

May 9, 2008
Ah retards. Always good for a laugh.

I, personally, agree with your brawl review. it was disappointing. Now im not saying that brawl was the worst shit to ever be shat but it was a little... meh.

JackofTrades

Apr 27, 2008
Lol he is entitled to his own oppeion (I know I spell like a retarded dog trying to talk out its dick) and if you like the game and not the review well then STOP WATCHING!!! (Echo echo)
And besides Yahtzee is fuckin' hilarious when its comes to reviewing games, I laughed my ass off for the one on 'The Darkness Demo'

Kaos Incarnate

May 7, 2008
JackofTrades said:
Lol he is entitled to his own oppeion (I know I spell like a retarded dog trying to talk out its dick) and if you like the game and not the review well then STOP WATCHING!!! (Echo echo)
We do know that it is his opinion and we have been told that a lot in this thread, so I don't see the point in being reminded.

Dave325

May 10, 2008
Why people were moaning about his reviews not giving scores bewilders me! If you want full game reviews, you go to one of the numerous dedicated gaming websites like IGN. I love watching Yahtzee's reviews, but purely as entertainment. I own several of the games he tears to pieces, but I don't feel like I have to try defend them by sending him hate mail!

...Not that Yahtzee will ever read (as we're now onto the 24th page of comments), but keep your vids coming! Love em ^^

Nov 28, 2007
Indigo_Dingo said:
SacrificiaLamb said:
What makes Croshaw any less legitimate than the throngs of ass whores who have been squirting out perfect 10 scores across-the-board for GTA 4?
Because they give legitimate reasons as to why GTA IV deserves a perfect 10, while Yahtzee does not.
He doesn't? Huh, I guess I just imagined him pointing out all the flaws in the game.

wardex uk

May 10, 2008
I love you Yahtzee, i think you have it all spot on, i disagree sometimes with your reviews but its your opinion and it's always funny no matter what.

wiseass

Jan 5, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
SacrificiaLamb said:
What makes Croshaw any less legitimate than the throngs of ass whores who have been squirting out perfect 10 scores across-the-board for GTA 4?
Because they give legitimate reasons as to why GTA IV deserves a perfect 10, while Yahtzee does not.
No, there is no legitimate reason as to why GTA IV is a perfect 10, THOSE reviewers are just spouting out what everyone expects them to or what has already been spouted, those reviewers' scores and opinions were basically copy pasted.
Yahtzee, on the otherhand, happened to list many flaws not heavily mentioned. Just because not every shit-head reviewer spouts out the flaws yahtzee listed, does not make those flaws any less legit.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
Do you know what particularly annoys me?

Everyone has thier favourites, and everyone has thier disliked games.

SSBB fans sit here and slag off Yahtzee for coming down on SSBB. Its his job first of all.

Second of all, who appointed you god and leader? So its okay for him to point out the flaws on games you either dislike or have never played, but once it turns to a game you like you suffer a hissy fit? Isn't that hypocritical?

Take Monster Hunter for example, I don't agree with some of the reviews some of these sites have given it, but had in turn praised Halo 2 (which I found boring) as the prophet or something (agreeing with yahtzee on this one). But what can I do? I just don't read the reviews or take it to the chin, you can't please everyone.

Once you like a game, nothing should bother you, he just gave GOW a good what for, I love God of war, should I join the train of declaring war against Yahtzee?

You game defenders really need to grow up, seriously, its so sad its tragic.

As for the video, 100% fantastic ;)

rhizic

Nov 14, 2007
"I'm white enough to afford all the consoles" hahahahahahaahah maybe the best vid so far.