Zero Punctuation: Red Steel 2

yellowhead

Nov 18, 2009
You say that the difficulty when you unlock 'The Tiger' is a big flaw. But maybe that was part of the point. I think the game is meant to make you feel like an unstoppable warrior of death by the end, a bit like Kill-Bill.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
MaxChaos said:
pedroREE said:
heh, reviews God of War III
I noticed that too. Hehe.

Also, it's quite funny all the people wanting to GET THEMSELVES NOTICED by posting before they've even watched the damn thing.
and its always the word "FIRST!!!1!!!" isent it?

OT: great review, just wish it was a tad bit longer.

hawk533

Dec 17, 2009
I'm sorry but the princess bride comment at the end almost makes me want to buy the game just to feel like Inigo Montoya.
And then I would play the whole game left handed because I don't want it to be over too quickly.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
sandumanu said:
Can you have a closed caption option Yahtzee?

My deaf cousin likes your show when I describe your jokes to her, but I think she would like it even more if there was a closed caption option! And yes she can read that fast!
im not trying to sound mean or anything, but i dont think anyone in the world can read that fast.

Thunderhorse31

Apr 22, 2009
Awesome as usual, even when the Wii does something right it's still gimmicky and condescending.

Best part was the wincest analogy, though I wonder why anyone would think of such a thing...

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Wow, I've just reported a hell of a lot of people for posting before watching the movie. Anyway... decent review, haven't really played the first game and I haven't the pennies in my pocked to play the second game just yet. I'd have thought a game like Oblivion would be good for the wii, with the sword play and all... though they'd have to downgrade the graphics... a lot. Then they'd have to decrease the size of the world.

Also people, when the movie is posted at 5:00 , don't start offering praise at 5:01... it's impossible to have watched a 5 minute review then processed that it was good, then write a review. What's all this first business about anyway?. That's a permaban offence on the wrong do so why bother.

A1

Jul 9, 2009
I can't say I'm really all that surprised that Yahtzee doesn't seem to care for the game all that much. It is a Wii game after all.

But what does surprise me is the fact that he didn't review Silent Hill: Shattered Memories this week. Hopefully he'll get around to that next time.

Still, I did find this one to be rather amusing. It's definitely one of Yahtzee's better efforts.

Super Jamz

Apr 16, 2009
Liked the Inigo Montoya reference, even if it was only vaguely related due to the swordplay.

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
...I don't have six fingers on my right hand.

OT: It was an enjoyable episode. I mean, you did lower my hopes about it, but my interest in it is still unchanged. Nice use of both Hobbes and Reboot.
AceInTheHole16 said:
WTF's Reboot?
Reboot was an old CGI cartoon back in the mid-90's. There should be some Youtube clips around about it.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
The video still says "This week, Zero Punctuation reviews God of War III." btw. Great review though.

Joe Deadman

Jan 9, 2010
Overall it was an okay episode. Then that last joke came out of nowhere and had me laughing my head off.
Now excuse me while I find some ducktape to re-attach it.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
Sovvolf said:
Wow, I've just reported a hell of a lot of people for posting before watching the movie. Anyway... decent review, haven't really played the first game and I haven't the pennies in my pocked to play the second game just yet. I'd have thought a game like Oblivion would be good for the wii, with the sword play and all... though they'd have to downgrade the graphics... a lot. Then they'd have to decrease the size of the world.

Also people, when the movie is posted at 5:00 , don't start offering praise at 5:01... it's impossible to have watched a 5 minute review then processed that it was good, then write a review. What's all this first business about anyway?. That's a permaban offence on the wrong do so why bother.
COMPLAINER!!!!! also, zero punctuation is like....the most popular video series on the escapist. its probably heavily moderated even if people dont report anyone.

bachterman

Mar 12, 2009
the rss said god of war 3. i said wtf? then clicked on the video. then: ooh, a leftover from last week.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Let's retroactively name this one Red Steel and the first one "Ubisoft made a whoopsie in it's pants".

He's on fire today! Easily my favorite review in months.