Zero Punctuation: Resistance 3

KarlMonster

Mar 10, 2009
Oi!!! Wait a tic!!!

Yahtzee has *played* Metro 2033?
Funny, I don't see a Metro 2033 review anywhere. You've been holding out on us! Bad Yahtzee!

and CAPCHA: set-dancing tingclea

As in; a Metro 2033 review would give me a special feeling in my set-dancing tingcleas.

Now I just have to remember to use that phrase in conjunction with "Twing Twang".

Why is truth stranger than fiction? Fiction has to make sense!

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Haha! First review in a while which has made me laugh like that.
Excellent video Yahtzee. :D

As for the game itself, well, doesn't look too bad. Medipacks/non-regenerating health and having more than the current standard of 2 or 3 weapon slots carries a certain amount of weight for me, so now I just need to do a bit more research on how good the game actually is, and I may get it. ^_^

Nomanslander

Feb 21, 2009
Ooooohh! The Margret Thatcher experience, I'm not even British but that will still make me want to hurl...XP

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Did the story of Resistance 3 give any indication that the series was starting to reach a conclusion? We've had three console games with a portable title and another on the way so it seems like we should be at least close to being in the proximity of perhaps being near the finale by now.

newdarkcloud

Aug 2, 2010
Judging by this review, Yahtzee might like Resistance 1. (He should probably skip 2, though.) It had semi-regenerating health and a weapon wheel. Insomniac brought health packs and the weapon wheel back because few people liked R2's completely regenerating health and two weapon slots.

hgtrf

Sep 29, 2011
Humans COMBINED with aliens you say? Why, that almost sounds like a CHIMERA from greek mythology!

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Best review in a while. The ultimate irony for me;
I laughes so hard at the end I almost threw up in my mouth.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Barry93 said:
BrotherRool said:
Wow a good review. I'm shocked. Just to let you know, none of the previous Resistances had 2 gun limits or completely regenerating health either. And the guns have always been creative. I think they steal it from the games they've always made :D
You didn't play R2 did you? It had complete regen health and the 2 weapon limit.
Ah okay, yeah I played R1 and assumed they'd make the second like that, particularly if the third was the same. Thanks for the correction

NKnight

Jul 31, 2010
Unique. Good to see ol' Yatzee geting out of the "play, hate, spend most of the time complaining about story (even if there is hardly one), make joke and end" formula.

pepitko

Sep 23, 2009
Great review, the game looks fun. Finally a first person shooter with med-kits and unlimited weaponry at your disposal. I'll be very likely to pick up a copy once I'm done with my gaming backlog.

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
This gag was already old five years ago, but I have to do it:

"We are Half-Life!
Resistance is futile!"

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
I didn't read through the whole thread, but did anyone else notice that this week's intro has a higher framerate than normal, and the entire video seems to be higher quality?

(or maybe The Escapist accidentally gave all of us the PubClub video, in which case, I hope I don't ruin it for everyone)

Mykin

Oct 16, 2008
Erm, Yahtzee, are you alright? I'm not complaining or anything but it seems like you snapped when Resistance 3 gave you everything you ever wanted in a shooter...Is this a bad time to tell you where they buried Half life 3?

FallenMessiah88

So fucking thrilled to be here!
Jan 8, 2010
Nice to see that Yahtzee has found a game that he likes, even it does borrow rather heavily from Half Life 2. Must be really depressing to hate every new game you play. :-/