Zero Punctuation: Sonic Unleashed

Coolspeedzero

Nov 12, 2008
Sonic the Trash Hog , has a nice ring to it, but truly the sonic was good at one point but just went down hill like Mr Yahtzee said. Great review

CMWaters

Sep 17, 2008
Roto13 said:
Can we please stop acting like Sonic Rush and Sonic Rush Adventure aren't great games now? Because they are. And they're from this generation.

Just because they're on a handheld, that doesn't mean they don't exist.
Sonic Chronicles too.

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
So...what you're saying is...let me see if I get this right...um...you don't like it. Definitely no need to stick a fork in your eyes after playing this one.

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
Silly Yahtzee. Did Star Wars: The Force Unleashed teach you nothing? Never buy the Wii version of multi-platform games. After all, the 360 version of Sonic Unleashed has enormous, well detailed levels; better werehog gameplay, and a better world map from what I hear.

Super Racer Z

Dec 17, 2008
^Yes, very good point.

Father Time said:
Should I consider myself lucky then that I've never played a Sonic game and thus have never had to experience any pain from the fall from grace?
Actually, you might like the Werehog then, as you can't go "zOheMGe It's lik not lik sonik lik he is 2 slo!". While some complaints are reasonable and valid, the greater half of them are like the quoted statement. At least he did something different and actually said the Werehog is better than Sonic (although IMO wrong).

FlyinMX

Dec 17, 2008
Well I know I didn't grow up in a cave eating raw fish Yahtzee, but I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Anyone who hasn't already stuck it in their head that they will hate the game should at least rent it. I am glad I didn't wait for the reviews to buy this game.

But hey, good show. I always look forward to your shows and can't wait for the next one.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
Well, at least they were sensible for long enough to put some 2D areas into the game.
Great episode. Hilarious. Keep up the good work!

also, Game Damage seems pretty good based on that first episode. So keep up the good work on that too.

Pseudonym2

Mar 31, 2008
priest00 said:
Pseudonym2 said:
Why did Yahtzee say he like playing bad games? Shouldn't he relax by reviewing Prince of Persia?
can't hate on prince of Persia.
That's my point exactly. It's like the Angry Video Game Nerd complains about disliking bad games. The entire audience thinks, "well stop playing them then."

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
Man I think that the whole "Blast Proccessing" campaign SEGA used in the 90's is really biting them in the ass now. Seriously though I think that a good 3d Sonic is not going to happen with these developers, they don't seem to give a shit; it's like they want to screw up. It puzzles me; what is their purpose, plan or scheme with the Sonic franchise? It has been made more than clear that they don't intend on reviving it (judging by the dissmal Sonic after Sonic games they seem so determine to release). What a pitty I say, because you can get away with making one bad game, and yes go ahead and make another bad one; but to release bad game after bad game of the same franchise, making the same mistakes (and adding new ones while they're at it) just goes to show that these people do not intend on making a decent game, let alone bring a dead franchise back to it's feet.

chanceashaman

Nov 21, 2008
Sadly I don't think Sonic will ever be put out to pasture. Just like with Mario and Link as long as its possible to squeeze an extra penny out of the franchise they will be here long after we are dead and gone. Would it be so hard for a developers to take the ideas they try to pass off as sequels and come up with a new lead character, and possibly start a new series?

What am I asking, of course it would, the only reason they sell even a couple of copies is based on the hero's name in the title. God knows its not for any form of original content or game play.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Lanczos said:
"... designed by HITLER..."
in an earlier review yahtzee said:
"...also I think Hitler was right..."

so what?

also: someone tell me what's the name of the sonic game with the underage girl pls.
just personal interest
This Hitler thing was a joke. Haven't you seen the whole video?

Also the Sonic game you are looking for is Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for the Xbox 360 and PS3 but the girl is not underaged. She is like 19 or older. I haven't played Sonic 2006.

dynamicsketch

Jan 2, 2008
I think that Sonic Team is just a bunch of furries who rip off portions of Dragonball Z for their shitty games.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Father Time said:
Should I consider myself lucky then that I've never played a Sonic game and thus have never had to experience any pain from the fall from grace?
No. There are some good Sonic games out there (2D or 3D). Sonic CD for the Sega CD, the Sonic Adventure series (the remakes or the originals) and I heard that Sonic Rush for the DS is pretty good.

laikenf

Oct 24, 2007
chanceashaman said:
Sadly I don't think Sonic will ever be put out to pasture. Just like with Mario and Link as long as its possible to squeeze an extra penny out of the franchise they will be here long after we are dead and gone. Would it be so hard for a developers to take the ideas they try to pass off as sequels and come up with a new lead character, and possibly start a new series?

What am I asking, of course it would, the only reason they sell even a couple of copies is based on the hero's name in the title. God knows its not for any form of original content or game play.
The difference between those franchises (Zelda and Mario) and Sonic is that NINTENDO's mascots have been putting out some pretty good games throughout the years, and even if you think otherwise, they have been well recieved by the general public.