Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy 2

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
Ya know, after all this time, I wonder how hard it is to get a job working at Nintendo... It isn't exactly like you need to innovate or come up with anything. Hell, I think I could butcher ideas together in the writing department then pass the cocaine bucket without being greedy.

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
I believe Yathzee has just created a new "cake" meme... and that after saying that the cake meme ruined portal for him...

FightThePower

The Voice of Treason
Dec 17, 2008
I knew he'd bring up the fact the game comes with about 3 different manuals on how to play the game which personally got right on my tits as well. Also the fact that sometimes main characters will say 'oh look, you died quite a few times that level, maybe you should get a friend to help you out' or 'how about take a break' pissed me right off. It felt extremely patronising.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Yahtzee... they made ONE. FUCKING. SEQUEL. You act like this is Super Mario Galaxy 76 or something. Is this really all you had to carry the review?

Amphoteric

Jun 8, 2010
Queen Michael said:
Amphoteric said:
I never got how games like this can get better reviews than games that have a well thought out plot, This game got 97 from metacritic so it beats pretty much EVERY GAME EVER MADE according to them.
Some game has to. There'll always be one game that's the best. Why not this one?
If Nintendo decided to remove this game from the shelves tomorrow nobody would care.

Towowo2

Feb 6, 2009
DeathWyrmNexus said:
Ya know, after all this time, I wonder how hard it is to get a job working at Nintendo... It isn't exactly like you need to innovate or come up with anything. Hell, I think I could butcher ideas together in the writing department then pass the cocaine bucket without being greedy.
Honestly if you think Nintendo never innovated then you have some facts to look up. I'll probably be deemed a fanboy for saying this but, who popularized analog control?

Just because they've been using the same franchises for a long time doesn't mean they aren't trying.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
So one character nabs another and the third has to go save them? Mario kidnaps Bowser and Peach has to save him?

The Seldom Seen Kid

Apr 28, 2010
Couldn't have missed the point harder.

Yes the plot is stupid, but if that's what you're looking for you might want to check where you've been since 1996.

It's just fun, funner than any other game this year in my opinion, and I don't see any reason why the concept of repetition to get in the way of that.

[small]Also, wasn't even as funny this time. :)[/small]

Enlong

Dec 24, 2008
Amphoteric said:
Queen Michael said:
Amphoteric said:
I never got how games like this can get better reviews than games that have a well thought out plot, This game got 97 from metacritic so it beats pretty much EVERY GAME EVER MADE according to them.
Some game has to. There'll always be one game that's the best. Why not this one?
If Nintendo decided to remove this game from the shelves tomorrow nobody would care.
I would. I don't have it yet.

Cogzwell

Jul 10, 2008
yes i did watch the old one at the pause, thank you Yahtzee it almost seemed to flow naturally. :)

And i don't think advertising to buy the game is the best thing to do underneath a Yahtzee review. That's like having an Army sign-up booth at Woodstock

Fusionxl

Oct 25, 2009
Why did it have to be Mario Galaxy, most of the people here aren't going to touch that shit with an 8 foot pole :(

Why not Singularity? Why not Metro 2033?

Towowo2

Feb 6, 2009
Fusionxl said:
Why did it have to be Mario Galaxy, most of the people here aren't going to touch that shit with an 8 foot pole :(

Why not Singularity? Why not Metro 2033?
Sadly this is true, It's their loss really. Innovation is becoming the next overused word ever. Along with Epic.

MissAshley

Jul 20, 2009
Is "this" all I want from a Mario game?

Pretty much. If I wanted something else, I'd play something that's not a Mario game. :p

Nice video. I have to go satisfy this weird craving for cake now.

JoshTheater

LRR Enthusiast
Nov 20, 2009
I was quite enjoying the Simpsons analogy right before he said FIFTH season. General fan consensus is that Simpsons started seriously declining after season 10, if not a bit before that. Saying the Simpsons stopped being good after season 5, when season 6 was one of the show's breakthrough seasons as far as humor goes, is treason as far as I'm concerned. Makes me wonder if that's just how long Yahtzee watched the show, or if he just pulled a number out of his ass.

Still, not really bothered by it, and a great and hilarious review nonetheless.