Zero Punctuation: The E3 Trailer Park

ElephantGuts

Jul 9, 2008
I'm beginning to think that Yahtzee is even more of a genius. While I was watching the video, I found myself thinking more than I usually do in a day. I figure that's because you need to think to both understand what he's saying at 300 MPH and understand the jokes.

Which is why I think he's a genius, he has succesfully eliminated idiots from his viewer audience. Well done, Yahtzee. You got me to mute my TV for the duration of your videos.

Aries_Split

May 12, 2008
I never laughed through this one...But I did agree with a few of your points, mainly that Mirror's Edge looks sweeeeee

The Lyre

Jul 2, 2008
I'd just like to point out that whilst this was one of the funniest ZPs Yahtzee's done in a while, it is a bit hypocritical of him to comment on unoriginality when last weekend I was listening to Yahtzee say exactly the same thing on a podcast with two Aussie's I've never heard of on his personal site...

But, as always, awesome vid...except, ya know, the aforementioned blatant fail.

OnlySniperLeft said:
Another great vid, but you can't say Far Cry 2 doesn't look awesome.
No, I can say it looks pretty damn close to Crysis minus the nanosuits though.

Honkytonk

Jul 30, 2008
Oh great. Another one who bashes sonic. Now I admit that the most recent sonic games were pretty badly made, but the old sonic adventure series was totally owsumn.
Overall he had a very good point, but watching that particular part
(as the die-hard sonic fan that I am) felt like getting my balls ripped of ... one by one!!!

Hungryfreak

May 24, 2008
Ah, Yahtzee. How many things have you just said to reaffirm what I've thought for years? Everything about cynicism/pessimism and everything about the CGI trailers, both spot on with what I've always thought.

I really do wish we would get more original games, though. Wheres Tim Schafer when you need him? Biggest E3 disappointment was that Brütal Legend did not show up. Schafer seems to be the only long time game designer that hasn't either given up all hope or fallen into lame sequeltopia.

I've given up hope, though, that any of the other original game designers, if there are any, will never show up at E3 since it appears that if it isn't already an established game series or by one of the big boys, then it's not worth showing.

NCHammer326

Jul 30, 2008
The part where you clapped actually woke me up. XD

Towards the end of the vid I thought "maybe I shouldn't get too excited about the new Watchmen movie just from watching the trailer", but then you shared my enthusiasm; thus making my day. :)

GokoWildheart

Apr 24, 2008
I too wondered about E3 and why it's pretty much all squeal year -_-. Boring .. but i'm intresting in this idea about french chef's riding stick insects and shooting a raptor gun... sound slike a intresting game.

Thanks again for making another work day alittle less pants ^^.

P.s. I love my Pants on Head retarded T-shirt!!!

Malmer

Apr 23, 2008
Woo, that PoP trailer almost had me fall down my chair!
I hope it plays as well as the trilogy, because it really looks amazing. Still has that fairy tale glow about it, the trilogy also had.

Oh, and the awesome music used in the video? Sæglópur by Sigur Rós, an Icelandic band.
Not as generic as your everyday [native English speaking country here] band, correctly observed.

terminator44

Jul 24, 2008
Oddly enough, the game I'm looking forward to the most is one that's probably gone under everyone else's radar: Mercs 2. Launching cruise missiles with reckless abandon just screams "must play" to me.

Oh, and who wants to bet that the closing message in Yahtzee's next vid will be along the lines of "Shut up about V.A.T.S. you cunts"? I've got 3:1 odds.

arasesco

Jul 30, 2008
You haven't said anything about halowars... It looks set to be good and with how long its taken to make it bloody well should be, and nintendo also announced making many games for 3 year olds or handicaps...

Norbington

Dec 2, 2007
DamienHell said:
The fallout 3 awesome camera angle thing is only when you use VATS. So its optional, and I think it should get boring after the 20th or so time, cause I think VATS is a lame add-on that no self respecting FPS gamer will ever use short of being surrounded, having 2 health and only having the fatman, a gun that you NEVER want to fuck up a shot with
...It's not an FPS. It's an RPG and a system for targeting specific body parts was in both originals so it's not really an add on.

Novaccine

Jul 30, 2008
Decent video compared to the latest rants. But it begs the question, why on earth didn't Croshaw mention anything about the Duke Nukem trailer e3 had...

Did he see the joke far too obvious.. or was the issue used, digested, thrown up and recycled already?

Meric

Jul 2, 2008
heh, so true im constantly having to show my house mates the distinction between game cinematics and the actual game play and how the two are not really linked

Padawanmage

Jul 30, 2008
Yahtzee, you aromatic scallion you...

(sorry, had that in my head when I watched all your reviews for the first time, especially BioShock...)

Anyway, yes, you do have a point since it does appear a crop of sequels are coming with very few 'original' ones.

Makes me wonder what you think about Shigero Miyamoto's announcement that he's making yet another 'Mario' title. Heard it last night on XPlay...

As to your dig at Episode 3...which should include 2 and 1...have to agree with you there. Too much CGI, bad direction and bad acting can really ruin a movie no matter how much glitzy special effects you throw on the screen.

Besides that I will wonder what possible review you'll leave once 'The Force Unleashed' comes out, though 'Mirror's Edge' does look interesting.

I guess we'll wait and see.