Zero Punctuation: Too Human

cutekittenkyti

Dec 12, 2007
Susan Arendt post=6.71155.715422 said:
Eggo post=6.71155.715361 said:
Wait a minute...Someone else actually played Eternal Darkness?

Have my children, Yahtzee.
Um...who didn't play Eternal Darkness?
me...
and it was on gamecube, one of the few game consoles I actually have

*flees from ensuing mob*

armaina

Nov 1, 2007
cutekittenkyti post=6.71155.715417 said:
question:
what's with the escapist handing out little badges?
I'm guessing they're depending on competitive people going
Oooooooooooo shiny
and posting more to get the little dinky item
(this includes me)

<<<<Is what I'm talking about
put your cursor over them, a message pops up and tells you what they are for. They're awarded for all sorts of things, number of comments, topics, friends, ect

cutekittenkyti

Dec 12, 2007
armaina post=6.71155.715426 said:
put your cursor over them, a message pops up and tells you what they are for. They're awarded for all sorts of things, number of comments, topics, friends, ect
I saw that, I'm just wondering why the escapist is making me all competitive and jealous of the matrix icons

armaina

Nov 1, 2007
Susan Arendt post=6.71155.715422 said:
Eggo post=6.71155.715361 said:
Wait a minute...Someone else actually played Eternal Darkness?

Have my children, Yahtzee.
Um...who didn't play Eternal Darkness?
Only those not cool enough to get a GCN >_>

But if you have a Wii, there's no excuse! It is a must have!

cutekittenkyti

Dec 12, 2007
oh i like the lil hand shake icon
it says
I can has friend

*must go satisfy craving for lolcats*
i will be on icanhascheezburger

bai

_coppertop_

Sep 10, 2008
The review was great and hilarious as always. However...

I got a feeling that the proportion of Yahtzee/adverts in the videos gets more and more messed up with every new review. The whole video is about 11 minutes while only less than half of it is Yahtzee's review. About 6 freaking minutes are adverts. Adverts that presumably no-one even watches. And that little... I don't even know how to call it.. advert trailer at the beginning of the video... I know you guys need to place advertisements on the site to make money on it, but that's just too fucking much. Thank you.

Krunkcity3000

Mar 12, 2008
The funniest thing about this review is that on Tuesday I left a post begging Yahtzee to bash this game. LOL, this game deserved every bit of Yahtzee shit it just got. This game is bad for no reason. Things that are totally broken are thrown in just for the sake of being different. Yet, this game still has fans that will defend it to the death.

The only thing I can disagree on is that there are penalties for dying.

1. Your equipment breaks.
2. Your (all powerful universe centering) combo meter goes back down to 0. In some classes this makes you even slower and weaker than wet shit crawling up a sand dune.
3. The most obvious penalty is to watch the Valkyrie cinema.

LOL, after playing the game I read up on Baldur to gain more clarity on his background. I also found it funny that Baldurs mom LITERALLY begged everything under the son not to beat up her son (except mistletoe).

mrnelsby

Aug 6, 2008
I think he hates this game just slightly more than I do... I didn't think that was possible...

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
AmrasCalmacil post=6.71155.715315 said:
I can't help but wonder why you didn't get forced into doing Spore.
Because reviewing another EA game would draw attention away from the ads about age of reckoning.

masterjamie

Sep 7, 2008
I was going to download the demo and play it, but after watching it, I'm more-than-likely not going to, given all the game play issues and what-have-you. Especially with the annoying death cut scene, which cannot be skipped.

Duraji

Aug 14, 2008
I can't even begin to understand how a game ten years in development could have been so screwed up... awesome review as always, though! And I agree: the reviews where Yahtzee clearly hates the game are a lot more fun to watch. :D

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
"Baldur's Gait" and "The Hammer Is Made Of Wank" are my new favorite fantasy band names. Thanks Yahtz!

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
haha loved this review, im still gonna get too human because im gonna have to disagree with yahtzee, i freaking love this game (played the demo and a level at friends house) i would love to see yahtzee rip apart spore because i love the game, also id like to see a pokemon review :D

wildcard9

Aug 31, 2008
Yatz oughta try Max Payne if he wants a better use of Norse mythos. Good review, 'thou.