Zero Punctuation: Too Human

Khazoth

Sep 4, 2008
Pertaining to the ads... Warcraft used to be a Warhammer game until they bailed.. How hard are those guys kicking themselves seeing as how their trying their hardest to sell people on Warhammer Online and warcraft has.. oh.. Nine million people?

Mistah Kurtz

Jul 6, 2008
Khazoth post=6.71155.715685 said:
Drbog post=6.71155.715679 said:
Horrah!I love it when Yahtzee hates a game I hate.
You know whats worse? Him loving a game you hate.. I absolutely hated GTA4 and he liked it.. "Wow am I really more of a skeptical person then Yahtzee Croshaw?"
Skepticism has nothing to do with liking something, has it? It's only got to do with how much you expect you'll like something. You've just got different taste.

Archedgar

May 7, 2008
Lol Baldur's Gait.

Anyway, I enjoyed the review even though I've never heard of the game at all. I've always thought that Norse mythology , as Yathzee said, has been abused for video game ideas far too much.

It's like an already written storyline for anyone who wants to pick it up and add it to the standard whatever game.

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
i played the too human demo, the way the levels look was actually pretty neat thou i had no idea where i was going.
and want baldur the god of beuty or something? not my first choice for a killing machine.
as yhatzee pointed out

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
Hah! Absolutely love the terrible pun.

Khazoth post=6.71155.715706 said:
Pertaining to the ads... Warcraft used to be a Warhammer game until they bailed.. How hard are those guys kicking themselves seeing as how their trying their hardest to sell people on Warhammer Online and warcraft has.. oh.. Nine million people?
Also, a lot of the Blizzard franchises (Warcraft and Starcraft in particular) share numerous bases on the Warhammer universes. Some speculation was made that Blizzard had originally intended to make Warhammer games, but the holding company felt it would deter from the Tabletop games.

keyton777

Aug 14, 2008
Archedgar post=6.71155.715726 said:
Lol Baldur's Gait.

Anyway, I enjoyed the review even though I've never heard of the game at all. I've always thought that Norse mythology , as Yathzee said, has been abused for video game ideas far too much.

It's like an already written storyline for anyone who wants to pick it up and add it to the standard whatever game.

it also ends in a tragedy even the whorshippers knew that one

ragnarok: everyone worth keeping dies and idiots stay on to push humans around again

Beowulf DW

Jul 12, 2008
God, I love his reviews. He reminds me of Lewis Black, but with video games instead of politics/pop culture.

It's awesome when he can really tear into a bad game. Mentioning a game's good qualities seems to disrupt his momentum. Although, I must say that I find his reviews of (what he considers) good games to be amusing as well. It's the "OK" games that seem to discourage Yahtzee from being in top form, again because of the momentum thing. Sort of like a straight, smooth road with two or three large holes that you can't seem to avoid.

EDIT: That thing with the valkyrie(sp?) stirred something in my memory and now I remembered what it was. When I was maybe 4 or 5 years old, my dad would sometimes set up a VERY old console and he would play a game with me, or I would watch as he played a game. I don't remember exactly what the system was called (Telegames, perhaps?), but it was either a contemporary or a predecessor of the NES. One of the games my dad had for it was based on Norse mythology. I never got past the first level, which consisted of running through a stampede of caribu, and you couldn't kill the caribu or some goddess of the wilderness would shoot you with an arrow.

I suppose that just confirms what Yahtzee said about Norse mythology being a "free idea bucket."

Krunkcity3000

Mar 12, 2008
To be fair, the valkyrie scene hid the usual continue/loading screen. When you think about it the scene isnt even that long compared to some loading screens. Hell, sometimes I died and didnt even get a valkyrie scene i just woke up a couple seconds later. The annoying part comes when you die a million cheap deaths and get thrown right back into the shitload of selfdestructing aids patients the game calls enemies.

Akafrank

Sep 9, 2008
Not that this is inconsistent with Mr. Croshaw's general tone, but Too Human is starting to feel like the kid in the playground that kids attack, so they can fit in with the popular kids.

Tumbler360

Nov 28, 2007
Awesome. Loaded up fast, no issues with watching it today! Hooray!

The bit about the angel coming down was classic. "Who's in no F-N hurry" had me laughing pretty good.

jacobschndr

Aug 15, 2008
God Too Human was a dissapointment. I bought it, played it, beat it (without dying up-teen-billion times through it), and then immediately sold it. All in three days time. It was that bad.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I though the concept was great yet that right thumb stick was irritating from the very start of the demo, and don't even get me started on the death sequence... bad execution there and this was in development for 10 years or something!?

BTW that Warhammer trailer after was epic even though I doubt the game itself is...

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
Excellent, the most intelligent and witty ZP for a while.

This is what they should be like every time.

xLANKYx

Aug 1, 2008
i loved the review & have to agree that the camera is a bastard, makeing the death animation unskip-able was a stupid idea, theres only 4 level & there toooo long, there not enough variaty of badguys over the course of the game, getting caught on fire is anoying but dispite this i realy enjoyed the game, it may have helped that i didnt die alot (about 2 times a level, if that).

ZERO PUNCTUATION REVIEW = 10 OUT OF 10

TOO HUMAN THE GAME = 6 OUT OF 10

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Omg that was the funniest video hes done in a very long time. I laughed my ass off.
The game is such a pile of shit in so many ways I knew he wouldn't be able to resist reviewing it.
Funny thing is we actually need games like too human and turok so whenever a good developer needs to know exactly what NOT to do we can just point and say 'pretty much that'. :)

Xalren

Sep 10, 2008
Okay, I am really curious now. That is the fourth time yahtzee has referenced a game using the Infinity Engine, three times baldur's gate and one time planescape. Now I really have to know what he thinks of those games.