Zero Punctuation: Turok

Torchlyte

Mar 23, 2008
ZP is usually funny, but this review just plain sucked. He basically just said, "Halo 3 sucks," and "Healthbars rule lol!!!"

xeper

Feb 3, 2008
Now this is what I call a true blue Yahtzee game review... But it it's not that bad, only that it's too away from true Turok series...

moatartareque

Mar 24, 2008
i played the demo i liked it but what really pissed me off was NO BLOOD ON THE ENEMIES i know they have metal suits but show some blood to show that i killed him

Abbadiel

Oct 15, 2007
I agree with yahtzee, the good and old FPS's where games that consisted entirely by humor and gore(see the examples in the video: Blood and Duke Nukem), were the best ones. Then overpraised monotony-fest (aka Halo) came along to spoil it trying to be serious.
I forgive the original Half-life for that because at least they did a great game that was entertaining. Half-life 2 was monotonous through the first 8 chapters, but then picked up and made itself worthy along with the subsequent episodes.

Besides, Halo is the prime example of uncle Bill's compulsive buying to eliminate the competition (Halo was originally intended to be a Mac game and some kind of successor to Marathon I've been told).

Critics aside, fun video Yahtzee, it was a the perking up of the week and, was better than the Burnout review (seriuosly it wasn't as entertaining as the majority).

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
haha, check out the Yahtzee Kirby form
http://jncarvalho.deviantart.com/art/Kirby-Yahtzee-80613662
At the risk of sounding 13...this makes me want to see a Yahtzee avatar in the next Smash Brothers. Petition, anyone?

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
To TheDarkestOfSouls:

I'm not sure I would come to ZP if I was actually looking for a review to base a decision on whether to actually buy or rent a game. I might consider it as a final point, but for the most part I come here to be entertained.

And I think that this is generally true: The people who stick around are the ones entertained, the people who get insulted leave. Hence the general lack of anti-Yahtzee comments after videos, or at least the very one sided ratios.

mrbearbear83

Mar 17, 2008
does any one know about the losers on youtube who are trying to be ZP? the american that slurs and goes in so much detail that the reviem gets lots, and the english guy who sounds drunk (sorry just DrMisanthropes comment reminded me of them) is there anything that will be done about these copycats?

nightfish

Nov 7, 2007
mrbearbear83 said:
I found Turok for 6.95 euro it looked crap.
you know the original turok was quality, especially back in the day.

i'm assuming thats the version you were looking at for that price