Zero Punctuation: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

DreamerM

Feb 28, 2008
Alphavillain said:
Ooh, He. Is. So. Yummy. WTF is this? I thought video gamers were sexually repressed fifteen year olds (well, actually I'm quite a bit older than that, but the sexually repressed bit still holds :( ). And instead we get all these girly commenst on Yahtzee's not altogether butt-ugly charms.
Alphavillain, you want to go HERE: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.55103?page=1 :D

Lord_Ascendant said:
IT IS THE FACE OF GOD, BOW DOWN BEFORE THE ALL POWERFUL YAHTZEE!!!!!!!!!!!
You too, Lord Ascendant!

fffanatic06

Feb 27, 2008
Wyatt said:
close Pink but not close enough, THEE pivotal truth of debates isnt to change the mind of the 'enemy' its to help those on the side lines whome havent yet formed an opinion to form that opinion in agreement with what you are saying.
Debates are to inform the listeners about opposing sides of an issue. That's why each side must believe they are right and want to sway the crowd. Otherwise they would not be a good advocate. Adding multiple views to an issue almost always results in something being discovered by one of the parties. That's why Lawyers, Scientists and Military Leaders never work alone. Wanting to sway the crowd is a byproduct not the reason for debating.

Insults undermine debates by potentially making the listener feel inadequate for not agreeing with the presented opinion and take it without any real knowledge of the topic. This also will have a polarizing affect which all logic cringes at the thought of. What you're talking about is politics. Now I know the way we do debates these days is exactly how you described them but I figure someone has to be the voice of reason. Especially when the media and Washington sure as hell won't do it.

Anyway, back onto games. I really don't play all that many games. Being dirt poor I usually wait until they've been reviewed by EGM or the like. So far all I've played with quick time events are RE4 and God of War I and II. Are quick time events really getting to the point where they almost ruin the gaming experience in other games?

AdventSugar

Mar 3, 2008
The thing that must always be remembered is that movie video games never sell well. So to make a movie video game and attempt to pull the wool over peoples eyes to make it seem it was not one. It makes me giggle.

Plus he showed his face!Spank bank is full.

Wyatt

Feb 14, 2008
fffanatic06 said:
Debates are to inform the listeners about opposing sides of an issue. That's why each side must believe they are right and want to sway the crowd. Otherwise they would not be a good advocate. Adding multiple views to an issue almost always results in something being discovered by one of the parties. That's why Lawyers, Scientists and Military Leaders never work alone. Wanting to sway the crowd is a byproduct not the reason for debating.
you could have just said "i agree with Wyatt" and saved yourself all that typing. corse then again you wouldnt have had the chance to flip-flop and say the opposite in the last line of that quote

ive read, re-read, and read your post a 3rd time and i still cant figure out your point, do you agree with me that debates are about swaying the opinions of the crowd? or is it "Wanting to sway the crowd is a byproduct not the reason for debating"

see this is simple and easy to point out why your wrong about saying "Wanting to sway the crowd is a byproduct not the reason for debating" because if its a debate there is a crowd, and the point to debate is to sway that crowd, if there is no crowd to sway then it isnt a debate its an argument.

as far as all the insulting and name calling crap go's, if someone is such a wish-washy limpwristed pansy that they get offended by my (or my opponants for that matter) words then i dont want them on my 'side' anyhow. i tend to take a hard line, if a person isnt willing to come to that line with me then what do i care if they agree with me or not? when i man the trenches, prime the cannons, parade the Pipers, Raise the Flag, and scream CHARGE, the last thing i want is for those that agree with me to still be cowering in the mess tent upset because the other side called them a bad name.

if listening (or reading) a debate is so awful that you get upset by the mear sight of a written word, no matter how 'harsh' it seems, then you should perhaps retire to the North pole or something. then again perhaps not for in that case even the mear glimps of a snow shoe rabbit is apt to cause an instant stroke or possably a heart attack.

ill leave off with some words that may not be to some peoples likings but i find inspire me in almost everything i write.

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Winston Churchill

Eating words has never given me indigestion.
Winston Churchill

I like a man who grins when he fights.
Winston Churchill

I'm just preparing my impromptu remarks.
Winston Churchill

If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack.
Winston Churchill

In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.
Winston Churchill

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
Winston Churchill

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.
Winston Churchill

AND finaly the greatest words of all

There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.
Winston Churchill

Nov 28, 2007
Winston Churchill rules. Personally, my favorite quote of his:

"Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison your wine!"-Lady Astor

"Ma'am, if you were my wife, I would drink it."-Winston Churchill

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Wyatt said:
pinkgothic said:
In that case, I'd like to reveal to you a pivotal truth of debates, in honest hope it may help you on your way: insulting people does not tend to make them listen to your actual discussion points. With the exception of a handful of people (to which I may or may not belong - but aspire to), you might as well save your breath... you merely anger them, you won't get your point across, and so everyone loses.
close Pink but not close enough, THEE pivotal truth of debates isnt to change the mind of the 'enemy' its to help those on the side lines whome havent yet formed an opinion to form that opinion in agreement with what you are saying.

a debate needs at a minimum, 3 things, those being 2 (or possably more) 'sides' to a given topic and the third being a neutral croud that can be talked too. the GOAL of the debate is to sway the croud not to change the minds of your opponants. after all if someone chooses to make a stand their mind is generaly allready made up. my mind is made up about console's , so is yours, so is pretty much anyone else here whos got anything to actualy say about the subject, the 'debate' is for all the unwashed masses and ranks of the PC gaming master race whome havent commited to one side or another yet to get well infomed and at times funny conversation about the subject.

MY goal in debate is to get some of those console tards that dont know they are tards yet because they havent been educated to try PC gaming and relize that their dull misserable lives can become shining examples of intelligence and good breeding by choosing a PC over the peons consoles. my goal is NOT to convince hardened sinners that sloping through the mud of life tugging their flop and flail WII-mote behind them is a bad idea. some people just like living in the muck.

*takes a bow*

thank you and goodnight
*worships and clings to your leg* =^0^=

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
haha rasisum is fun. brilliant review made me crack up with laughter fingers crossed for DMC this week or next

fffanatic06

Feb 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
I don't get it. Yahtzee is saying that this game is bland, and doesn't push the envelope. O.k., I haven't played the game, so I don't know. However, he's also accusing it of heavy duty racism. I dunno about you, but to me, that sounds like really pushing the envelope. That sounds like attaching the envelope to the front of a bullet train.
Ummmm....You don't listen to much comedy do you?

blackfly01

Dec 5, 2007
Ah, sounds like Naughty Dog's joined up with Capcom in presenting obnoxious heroic all American characters who go around killing every non-American around them.

Very good review, Yahtzee. I loved your demonstration of Quick Time Events.

Vaupell

Jan 23, 2008
haha i simply cant resist

check this video out. lmao this review reminded me of this movie.. lol
White Boys / Black Boys - Musical Hair [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6JCCayPG7k]

QueerBiNatureNYC

Mar 9, 2008
i registered just to say that i'm surprised and happy to see that you are attractive - like really attractive - also thank Goddess you are a gamer who isn't fat or chubby - keep up the great work!

ruyzen

Nov 28, 2007
QueerBiNatureNYC said:
i registered just to say that i'm surprised and happy to see that you are attractive - like really attractive - also thank Goddess you are a gamer who isn't fat or chubby - keep up the great work!
Why is it that everytime we talk about a "gamer", everyone thinks of a fat kid or a skinny eye-glassed akne nerd? (Nothing wrong with glasses, I have ones too)

Can't gamers be attractive and cool-looking (like the Asians)?

Like hell I use the comp. sometimes 8 hours a day, I'm only 14, and weight 56kg btw.

But who was the guy who threw the bottle??? (Don't jerk me by quoting an answer from pages 2-7) Also, what would you guys think of a few second clip at the end where we hear Yahtzee failing some part of his review...his reputation WOULD suffer a little bit. But hey, it would be as interesting as hell. There is no way he can (or maybe he CAN, due to the fact that he is actually an ALIEN with a speed-speaker installed in the throat) read all the review stuff without a single mistake.