Zero Punctuation: Webcomics

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
While I've never burst into uncontrollable laughter over cad its had its moments of humour in the past but sadly they're as rare as finding diamonds in your toilet. PA is genious, cad is like the newer simpsons eps, smart people know its shit but the morons are still going to love it.

bunkymag

Jun 11, 2008
Wonderful.. slightly surprised the inexplicably popular PennyArcade escaped largely unscathed, but nice and cathartic over all. Cheers Yahtzee!

dudesrug

Jun 3, 2008
never seen cad before, and since i don't think i'm much of a fanboy (I am) never thought i would, now zp made me...well i'm not angry, just disappointed...

anyad

Jul 2, 2008
What is the point of attacking those who read it? It's a one-page webcomic with four panels! You read it, get a few chuckles out of-(Or not) and forget about it. It's not as elaborate as, say, the Simpsons, which, I agree, did get shit recently. So, where can I find any indication of Tim's uber-ego? I may lack background info to see this in the big picture.

bustns

May 8, 2008
so people say this is poking fun at CAD, well i tried to read that one but its boring as hell. very funny episode. i love the line at the end of the credits, very witty.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comic/2008/02/11/the-control-alt-delete-theorem/

Don't know if that has already been posted, but digging through 13 pages doesn't sound like a wise time investment.

Arntor

Feb 5, 2008
SamW89 said:
The World Ends With You
Wait, wait, wait since when did TWEWY have a fanbase as rabid as SSBB or MGS4? Then again, I didn't stay around the comments for that much after I viewed that one.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Well i'm not one to bother posting on any forum very often but having read all your reviews since you started I thought it was about time I posted.
I generally don't have the time for gaming a lot at the moment but I do read a number of web comics and Zero Punctuation each week and frankly I have to say thanks for poking at CAD for the god awful miscarriage story arc... not that CAD is great but its on my list of ten or so online comics I visist now and then and its lost the plot to be honest.
Web comics are really meant to be funny shorts which can have some story arc but not loose its self in them. And if your a gaming comic which is light hearted, miscarriage is the last thing I'd want to read about... and the abortion pre-story, sweet god no!
What I like is Penny Arcade, PvPonline, The Adventures of Dr McNinja and Looking For Group, there are others but there are the best four, each does things very differently but all keep me hooked each week. Don't know if people agree? but these are how I think people should make webcomics.

Oh and may i say as another mean hearted English git; keep it honest, keep it mean Yahzee, and I'll keep turning in!

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
I love and hate this video, mainly because I like that he didn't review a game so it was a little more interesting, and of course this also means he's straying away a little more because now he realizes how fucking influential he is - but ranting about gaming webcomics is borderline "off topic"...borderline.

I love how everyone just says "man he must hate CAD" even though he didn't mention ANY names other than penny arcade.

Love how it also says "Still very much aware of the hypocrisy thank you!" - (go to that site at the end of the video and check out his comic.) and of course him and his flip flopping of opinions.
He has stated before that he hates CAD, and his use of the miscarriage example directly realted to CAD. Also, he mentions Bontrol Balt Belete or some crap in the video.

KenzS

Jun 2, 2008
Wow, first day this video is released and already 13 pages of comments. Yahtzee could make a video of him snoring for fifteen minutes, people would still watch it and comment saying it was awesome.

I guess since I don't know junk about webcomics, i can't say much about this video.

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
SamW89 said:
It seems that lately, all Yahtzee seems to do is try to annoy as many people as possible, to get his popularity up - after all, controversy sells. This has been true for Metal Gear Solid 4, The World Ends With You, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I do feel that this is going a step too far though as he's throwing every webcomic, ever, into the same pot and trying to claim they're all the same.
Yahtzee has been doing that since he started. The Console Rundown video? "An adventure in fanboy baiting" I believe the description read.

Maingunprimed

May 7, 2008
First and foremost I enjoy CAD and it seems more interesting for tim buckley to mix up his story line a bit instead of continous humor and throw in a bit of a mishap every now and again. It is suppose to be comedy and tragedy. Secondly I didn't think yatzhee would go in the direction of CAD bashing. If Tim some how offended yahtzee at a convention this spontaneous revenge video is a little much. Shit happens deal with it.

Aidanadv

May 10, 2008
Has anyone else noticed that the CAD forums went down after the 2nd thread about ZP was posted?

Arntor

Feb 5, 2008
anyad said:
Hate and disrespect should not spread. I thought Yahtzee was smarter than that to join that gang.
You say 'hate' and 'disrespect', I see 'opinion' and 'criticism'. This is criticism at its most vitriolic, but nonetheless hateful or not, it is criticism and a projection of opinion.Whether the points made are valid or not is debatable, but it doesn't mean you can't enjoy something you like unless you have an unnatural need for everyone's approval on every thing you do.

anyad said:
And I take that no one watched Scrubs around here? It is indeed possible to mix drama with humour. Ever heard of tragic comedies?
Yes, but did Tim Buckley manage to pull that off well? That's also up for debate.
Personally, I didn't think so. Miscarriage is sad, yes, but it has been done in better. It wasn't heart-wrenching to me in the slightest and the whole arc walked into "blugh" territory for me. That's two steps below "meh" and one step below "bleh". Of course, I've generally felt that CAD was/is the essence of mediocrity that had some sense of wasted potential to be like Penny Arcade (a webcomic I usually go into with a "meh"), so I'm a biased elitist. Sorry, maybe I needed the emotional attachment for the characters, but I absolutely can't view them as anything else but the stereotypes presented by Yahtzee.

mush930

Jul 3, 2008
Cafepress shirts... bah!

Zazzle.com is where its at... cheaper, better quality, 24hr. turnaround guaranteed~

Maingunprimed

May 7, 2008
hes going the way of foamy the squirrel. initially he was interesting and humerous then his opinions on everything that lives under the sun get a bit tedious and so by insulting something popular he draws more attention to himself.