Black Myth: Wukong gameplay; I don't get the hype?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Just like with Hollywood movies.

Somebody get me off this ship before the iceberg please.
The only good thing I can say about this is that, thankfully most of games I play are smaller budgets or from some Japanese studios. Capcom already please the Chinese market with their Devil May Cry mobile game, so that has no effect on me really. I do have concern with the Western AAA industry, but I don't touch most of their crap, so fuck em anyway. The only games from China I care about right now is this game and that robot game I showed last week.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
For a game that I assume is inspired by Dark Souls, the character sure can take a lot of punishment.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
Really excited for this game, the new music they show in the trailer has that bhuddist sutra vibe to it that's incredible, not heard something this unique since the Metaphor trailers, and all these transformations being playable is amazing.

Also who else spotted the 4 heavenly kings XD.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I wonder if I could mod it, because when I grew up I remember watching him alongside some pig guy and others...

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Reviews go live tomorrow which is a good sign because that's a whole weekend before the game comes out, so they are confident. But I still don't like anything I've seen of the game.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So apparently the game is more of a long Boss rush than anything else. Which according to Gamespot makes the levels feel a bit empty when exploring for collectibles. And the combat is also not very intuitive and will take work to get used to. But to make up for the complex combat the game also isn't particularly hard, while it spikes near the end of the game it's not overall all that tough which coming from game's media means it's probably pretty simple overall.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So apparently the game is more of a long Boss rush than anything else. Which according to Gamespot makes the levels feel a bit empty when exploring for collectibles. And the combat is also not very intuitive and will take work to get used to. But to make up for the complex combat the game also isn't particularly hard, while it spikes near the end of the game it's not overall all that tough which coming from game's media means it's probably pretty simple overall.
Cool. A boss rush games. I might check this out on a sale.