Funny Events of the "Woke" world

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Pretending to do medical procedures on people and then not doing them just to see what happens is an ethical nightmare and there's very many reasons we don't do that anymore.

What would a "control group" for therapy even look like? Deliberately giving bad advice? "We know you want help dealing with your gender dysphoria, but no and please don't try and help yourself"?

Or is the control group just the vast majority of people that exist that don't need therapy?
I think you're totally misreading this, there's no pretending to do a medical procedure. You have a therapy group and surgery group and see how each group does over at least a few years. Just because you did a study showing surgery improved mental health is not that meaningful because there's not much context to it. Giving somebody something they want will most likely have them more content than not doing it, especially in the short term (aka honeymoon period).

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I think you're totally misreading this, there's no pretending to do a medical procedure. You have a therapy group and surgery group and see how each group does over at least a few years. Just because you did a study showing surgery improved mental health is not that meaningful because there's not much context to it. Giving somebody something they want will most likely have them more content than not doing it, especially in the short term (aka honeymoon period).
...that's not a control group, and would be unethical to deny therapy to people getting surgery and denying surgery to people getting therapy

You're running into a fundamental problem of sociology as a science in general

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Don't you love these government officials like Robert Reich that pretend to be progressive but only after they left power in a neoliberal democratic administration? Hey Robert, you know you had the power to influence the Clinton presidency right you goddam grifter?

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States

Dear democrats, and democratic shills.

If I don't get my money, the first I will do is an early or in-person vote for JP Mandel I mean JD Vance.

The second thing I will do is tell, and remind every R voter at my company to vote when the time comes, I will ignore the D voters.

The third thing I will do is immediately sign up for the RNC GOTV operations.

The fourth thing I will tell every single person on my GroupMe for OSU about is this.

47 to 46 is a small margin. It would be a shame if something happened to it.

I will also tell everyone in the local Asian-American areas to vote against Tim Ryan since many go to college.

If you want to play, let's play. It's about time Gen Z stop taking shit from the baby boomer elites.

In sum.

1664492808779.png

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Dear democrats, and democratic shills.

If I don't get my money, the first I will do is an early or in-person vote for JP Mandel I mean JD Vance.

The second thing I will do is tell, and remind every R voter at my company to vote when the time comes, I will ignore the D voters.

The third thing I will do is immediately sign up for the RNC GOTV operations.

The fourth thing I will tell every single person on my GroupMe for OSU about is this.

47 to 46 is a small margin. It would be a shame if something happened to it.

I will also tell everyone in the local Asian-American areas to vote against Tim Ryan since many go to college.

If you want to play, let's play. It's about time Gen Z stop taking shit from the baby boomer elites.

In sum.

View attachment 7107
I feel you should be putting this in a strongly worded letter and sending it to the DNC people. You know, the people who you actually want to impress rather than us, who just see posts like this - not exclusively yours to be fair - as nothing more than a politically motivated “Notice me, senpai” and subsequently tiresome.

You know, just like you’re likely to find my response.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I feel you should be putting this in a strongly worded letter and sending it to the DNC people. You know, the people who you actually want to impress rather than us, who just see posts like this - not exclusively yours to be fair - as nothing more than a politically motivated “Notice me, senpai” and subsequently tiresome.

You know, just like you’re likely to find my response.
I am testing this for Twitter.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Vect you old son a gun, long time no see.
There was a streak of almost halfway competence from the administration, but they did it, those sunsabitches managed to pull it out. Of everything they could do before midterms, they picked the thing to spike their approval rating again.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Also, some loans that are Perkins loans from 2017 also apply. So check the student aid website. I know if my loans aren't getting repaid, I going to war with Tim Ryan the billionaire bootlicker.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Then that wouldn't be a control group, would it?

?

Not exclusively, we're not.
Ideally you'd want a group for every kind of possible therapy and then people not getting therapy as well, but that isn't really possible. You can't just have a study about people doing mentally better after a surgery that they wanted. It would be like a person being happier that they got a game they wanted, no shit they would be. The only way they'd not be happier was if the game was ass much like if the surgery was ass (and not what they'd thought it would be). You need to see if the surgery (the most permanent and altering therapy option) is actually worth doing vs the other options (thus, the other options are the control group in reference to the surgery group).

I've exclusively been talking about surgeries for over the past month and this discussion came out of this reply basically.
You don't get to have a procedure covered if it's not medically necessary. What's the problem? Does a small breasted woman get to get implants covered if she doesn't like the size of her breasts?
---

...that's not a control group, and would be unethical to deny therapy to people getting surgery and denying surgery to people getting therapy

You're running into a fundamental problem of sociology as a science in general
You don't have to literally setup a study to deny people therapies to do it. The big study on trans therapies was not get thousands of people and you get this, you get that, and you get that (too bad if you wanted something else). It was looking back at trans people who had gotten this, that or the other and comparing how they fared in comparison to the others.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You still haven't said what you are actually DOING to help.
Me personally, I've had plenty of discussion on giving the Voice to Indigenous Australians. This is in progress in our parliament at the moment. So I dont know specifically where this is going yet. It might ne a representative positon or another house. Much of what I say is around white peeps being worried they are going to steal their land

I also discuss with an Indigenous groups around what they do. Okay, to explain this, you gotta understand that Indigenous Australians are made up of 200 tribes. The didgeridoo is only from one tribe in the far north of Australia. It has been taken as a cultural identity for many Indigenous Australians but not all. That one tribe dislikes that all the other tribes have claimed their culture. This leads to other issues like boomerangs being seen as a hunting tool and so they think 'only males to use/make it.' Which I'm against. My local tribe has this rule but the one on south of us dont care about this boomerang rule

Ive organised art session, corroborees and have used the local symbols for story telling purposes

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
You don't have to literally setup a study to deny people therapies to do it. The big study on trans therapies was not get thousands of people and you get this, you get that, and you get that (too bad if you wanted something else). It was looking back at trans people who had gotten this, that or the other and comparing how they fared in comparison to the others.
That's not a "control group"

That's a survey, and we have lots of those, most of which you don't like