General Gaming News.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
KSP2 is launching tomorrow and I don't care because it is an early access yet again the original KSP was also an early access and kept being updated way beyond its awesomeness so early access doesn't really mean much for such ever evolving games and also the team is kinda trustworthy giving how they managed the riginal but still it is expensive anyway at least for a videogame especially on early access as these are usually cheaper as an incentive to buy them despite their incomplete state so maybe it will get even more expensive afterwards but I doubt it and anyway there is time to see and it would be a shame to spoile the game by discovering it before it's complete yt again it's the kind of game you keep playing all your life and hardly tire of it as least that's the case with the original and there is no way I will not buy it someday so it doesn't really matter if I buy it now or later yet again it also doesn't matter if I buy it later or now but I will probably not buy it tomorrow unless I do.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am not surprised at this. I knew Mikami was going to leave at some point. The signs were already there when he stepped down as director for Evil Within 2. I think he's planning on retiring as this point. Thank you for all of the wonderful games Mikami-san. You've lead a huge influence on the industry and made tons of kick-ass games.

Reactions: Specter Von Baren

Gyrobot

Ask Revachol/Renegades of Woke
May 13, 2020
I am not surprised at this. I knew Mikami was going to leave at some point. The signs were already there when he stepped down as director for Evil Within 2. I think he's planning on retiring as this point. Thank you for all of the wonderful games Mikami-san. You've lead a huge influence on the industry and made tons of kick-ass games.

You can say Hi Fi Rush was his swan song with Tango Softworks

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
KSP2 is launching tomorrow and I don't care because it is an early access yet again the original KSP was also an early access and kept being updated way beyond its awesomeness so early access doesn't really mean much for such ever evolving games and also the team is kinda trustworthy giving how they managed the riginal but still it is expensive anyway at least for a videogame especially on early access as these are usually cheaper as an incentive to buy them despite their incomplete state so maybe it will get even more expensive afterwards but I doubt it and anyway there is time to see and it would be a shame to spoile the game by discovering it before it's complete yt again it's the kind of game you keep playing all your life and hardly tire of it as least that's the case with the original and there is no way I will not buy it someday so it doesn't really matter if I buy it now or later yet again it also doesn't matter if I buy it later or now but I will probably not buy it tomorrow unless I do.
I've been keeping tabs on the subreddit and man it is a shitshow in there in regard to KSP2. I'm not even gonna bother until KSP2 is at least out of EA. Apparently a lot of people were fucking hyped and now there's like a civil war going on between people who really want to like KSP2 and are gonna jump on it now, and people who are just fucking pissed about how lackluster it is.

Apparently it was meant to release in 2020, changed studios, Covid and now is in EA because they're out of money and the publisher needs more money for development to continue. Apparently it's having problems breaking 20 fps on beefy machines, among other things.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
people who really want to like KSP2 and are gonna jump on it now, and people who are just fucking pissed about how lackluster it is.
And I'm both of them. I don't know if I'll buy it or not but I'd be extremely surprised by both cases.

Still :

1) Have so many people tried it out ? Pre-pre-release ?

2) Wasn't the first KSP also lackluster and barebones when it got available ?

3) Do these criticisms even make sense after the release of Juno New Origins ?

3b) Was Juno New Origins secretely designed to make KSP2 look good ?

Reactions: Dalisclock

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I've been keeping tabs on the subreddit and man it is a shitshow in there in regard to KSP2. I'm not even gonna bother until KSP2 is at least out of EA. Apparently a lot of people were fucking hyped and now there's like a civil war going on between people who really want to like KSP2 and are gonna jump on it now, and people who are just fucking pissed about how lackluster it is.
I wanna know what version they'll add in spyware.

FakeSympathy

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 8, 2015
Country
US
So, State of play Feb 2023:
Starting off with PSVR2 stuff; Foglands, RE8, Green Hill, Horizon, Star Wars, all that good stuff. I'll be honest, only Foglands look visually interesting

More look at Destiny 2 Lightfall; Once again Bungie does an awesome job at cinematics and characters. But the gameplay has never appealed to me

Tchia looks gorgeous. Soundtracks looks great as well

Humanity looks crazy! Reminds me of Inside, just with more isometric puzzles

Good Bye Volcano High. I am not sure about this game. It looks more like visual interactive novel rather than a game

New Naruto Ninja Storm game. W/e

Baldur's Gate 3 now with split-screen I think? Official release date of 08/31/2023

Wayfinders. Ehh, I'll pass

SF6 roster update; Some familiar ones like Zangief, E-honda, Blanka, and Cammy, as well as new characters like Lily

Moe on RE4 remake! It continues to look amazing! I don't see Ashley's health bar is not visible. Could this mean she's at least invincible?

Finally gon an look at in-game demo of the Suicide Squad game; No enemy health bar or numbers poping up. Does this mean it's NOT a looter? They all look fun to play. And wonder woman somehow did not turn? Could she be a playable character that we can unlock? It at least look leagues better than Avengers. But it's still gonna be a live-service game. Ugh. As much as I loved Arkham games and rocksteady studios, any mention of live-service or battle pass instantly kills the excitement

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
So, State of play Feb 2023:
Starting off with PSVR2 stuff; Foglands, RE8, Green Hill, Horizon, Star Wars, all that good stuff. I'll be honest, only Foglands look visually interesting

More look at Destiny 2 Lightfall; Once again Bungie does an awesome job at cinematics and characters. But the gameplay has never appealed to me

Tchia looks gorgeous. Soundtracks looks great as well

Humanity looks crazy! Reminds me of Inside, just with more isometric puzzles

Good Bye Volcano High. I am not sure about this game. It looks more like visual interactive novel rather than a game

New Naruto Ninja Storm game. W/e

Baldur's Gate 3 now with split-screen I think? Official release date of 08/31/2023

Wayfinders. Ehh, I'll pass

SF6 roster update; Some familiar ones like Zangief, E-honda, Blanka, and Cammy, as well as new characters like Lily

Moe on RE4 remake! It continues to look amazing! I don't see Ashley's health bar is not visible. Could this mean she's at least invincible?

Finally gon an look at in-game demo of the Suicide Squad game; No enemy health bar or numbers poping up. Does this mean it's NOT a looter? They all look fun to play. And wonder woman somehow did not turn? Could she be a playable character that we can unlock? It at least look leagues better than Avengers. But it's still gonna be a live-service game. Ugh
No FF7, 0/10

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I read somewhere that she doesn't have a health bar now, but she can be downed and you have a certain amount of time to help her up again. I'm assuming she can still be caught though.

Reactions: FakeSympathy

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
And I'm both of them. I don't know if I'll buy it or not but I'd be extremely surprised by both cases.

Still :

1) Have so many people tried it out ? Pre-pre-release ?

2) Wasn't the first KSP also lackluster and barebones when it got available ?

3) Do these criticisms even make sense after the release of Juno New Origins ?

3b) Was Juno New Origins secretely designed to make KSP2 look good ?
1.) I know scott manley and a couple other youtubers have at a sponsored event by the dev/publisher. Possibly something else.

2.) Yep. I was there at version 0.7 or whatever it was back in 2013. It was very rough. Arguably, I can see where you can't really use that as a point of defense for KSP2 because KSP2 is building off KSP and shouldn't be playable in the exact same state KSP was 10 years ago. KSP now should be the benchmark and everything to come should be building off of that.

3 + 4) No clue. Haven't played Juno.

KSP will always have a special place in my black shriveled little heart for doing something few other games do well and I'd probably have a couple thousand hours in it if I didn't have like 70 bijillion games in my backlog at all times. God knows I've shilled for KSP more then enough times on these forums over the past decade. At the same time, I'm not going to give KSP2 money until I feel they've earned it and if they never do, I'll still have KSP.

I love the premise behind KSP2 but I've avoided the hype as much as I reasonably could and I'll willing to wait it out until it's the game I feel like it's promised itself to be. I'm too cynical about VG at this point to buy in on "Well, it'll be good in <Insert X years> here" promise that so many games seem to want to go with lately. I like the premise of Star Citizen but it's got a LONG LONG way to go before it's worth actual cash monies to me and KSP2 is getting held to the same standard here. I'm not paying for a promise, I'm paying for an actual operable and engaging/fun game and I've found I have little patience for Early Access anymore.

Last edited:

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
I read somewhere that she doesn't have a health bar now, but she can be downed and you have a certain amount of time to help her up again. I'm assuming she can still be caught though.
They showed a clip of her being grabbed by enemies so I'm assuming the mechanics are gonna be more or less the same in that regard.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

Fucking hell, what did they do to Saddler's voice/accent? :(

On the other hand, can't really complain.