General Gaming News.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
I love the premise behind KSP2 but I've avoided the hype as much as I reasonably could and I'll willing to wait it out until it's the game I feel like it's promised itself to be. I'm too cynical about VG at this point to buy in on "Well, it'll be good in <Insert X years> here" promise that so many games seem to want to go with lately. I like the premise of Star Citizen but it's got a LONG LONG way to go before it's worth actual cash monies to me and KSP2 is getting held to the same standard here. I'm not paying for a promise, I'm paying for an actual operable and engaging/fun game and I've found I have little patience for Early Access anymore.

I think the issue for a lot of people who are into KSP is that until KSP2 at least matches the original in features and functions there isn't really much point to making the jump over.

For me, the big 'fuck you' for KSP2 being EA is that it already has a fucking publisher, Private Division. Take Two are just taking the piss with this, they have the bank to fund development to completion without this bullshit. I mean, what next, they going to do Kickstarter campaigns for GTA and NBA 2K games?

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I think the issue for a lot of people who are into KSP is that until KSP2 at least matches the original in features and functions there isn't really much point to making the jump over.

For me, the big 'fuck you' for KSP2 being EA is that it already has a fucking publisher, Private Division. Take Two are just taking the piss with this, they have the bank to fund development to completion without this bullshit. I mean, what next, they going to do Kickstarter campaigns for GTA and NBA 2K games?
Not to mention KSP has a ton of modding support so if you aren't happy with the base game, which is arguably pretty robust at this point, you can mod it to your liking. KSP2 isn't gonna have that for a while and I've seen some discussion creep up about if modding is even allowed for KSP2. I haven't looked at it much because it's only been in the last few hours but if somehow modding isn't allowed in KSP2, that'll really piss off the community.

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.
Not to mention KSP has a ton of modding support so if you aren't happy with the base game, which is arguably pretty robust at this point, you can mod it to your liking.
I can't believe they still haven't included a half-decent mission planner. I guess cramming in spyware was more important. But yeah there are a fuckton of good mods for KSP.

KSP2 isn't gonna have that for a while and I've seen some discussion creep up about if modding is even allowed for KSP2.
Yeah well, it IS Take Two sitting back there so you never know what dumb shit they'll demand gets pulled.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the MultiPlayer, when it gets added is Official Servers only and no mods allowed... because <dumb corporate bullshit>.

Trying to ban mods for SP is... well, laughable. That would require making the game a Live Service deal and that'd strangle it in the cot.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Good Bye Volcano High. I am not sure about this game. It looks more like visual interactive novel rather than a game
From the trailer, it looks like a telltale type game with some rhythm mechanics, a pretty decent budget considering the amount of animation and voice acting on display(unless the trailer has all of it). And of course, targeted towards furries/scalies.

mirbrownbread

Elite Member
Nov 16, 2022
Belgium
Country
Belgium
Anyone else's hope completely squashed by the latest Suicide Squad extended gameplay trailer?
Why make it a game about shooting glowing purple balls off of mechanical turrets?

Whyyyy?

RhombusHatesYou

Surreal Estate Agent
Mar 21, 2010
Between There and There.
Country
The Wide, Brown One.

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
The ksp2. It is out. It is expensive. It is not bought.

Well yes okay, it is bought, by other people, sometimes. I thought the point of asking 50$ was to filter out the dangerously lukewarm, more prone to criticism, and to favor some "commitment/consistency " effect, but the first comments actually look a bit cataclysmic. Okay the steam forum is full of "why money" vs "why you poor" schoolyard exchanges, but when it comes to describing the game's state itself, things look seriously bleak. I honestly thought this release would have corrected some issues from the pre-reviewed versions.

It may be heading towards a No Man's Sky scenario. No Man's Sky is nowadays a great little game, but I'm happy not to have bought it on release.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Saw that new Suicide Squad video. Red flags galore and Destiny already exists. Incoming mediocrity. Not unexpected. Easy skip.
I haven't seen the video yet, due to a power outage. It's basically Avengers, Anthem, and Gotham Knights all over again? Something we all predicted.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
Saw that new Suicide Squad video. Red flags galore and Destiny already exists. Incoming mediocrity. Not unexpected. Easy skip.
The gameplay looks really bad, but at the same time the mobility looks really good. But I also dunno if the story is going to save it. I also will probably skip because I don't like online-only, nor do I like DC comics because I think their characters are stupid.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But I also dunno if the story is going to save it.
It's another Superman or the Justice League get brainwashed or turn evil storyline. So that's a big no. That's been more than overdone at this point. It's bad and lazy writing. I had already lost interest when I first saw the trailer that air back in like 2018 or 2019.

Old_Hunter_77

Elite Member
Dec 29, 2021
Country
United States
I saw one of the smaller news items from the Sony thing is that Baldur's Gate 3 will be on PS5. That is interesting, I associate Baldur's Gate with hardcore PC RPG gaming and I haven't been following the developments with this new game which feels like it's been in some sort of early access forever.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
It's another Superman or the Justice League get brainwashed or turn evil storyline. So that's a big no. That's been more than overdone at this point. It's bad and lazy writing. I had already lost interest when I first saw the trailer that air back in like 2018 or 2019.
Oh, bad story won't be what does this game in. Arkham Asylum and City had dumb nonsensical stories, all things considered, but that was easy to overlook because presentation and gameplay were so laser focused on setting a mood and making you feel like Batman.

I don't see Suicide Squad doing the same.