Ukraine

PsychedelicDiamond

Wild at Heart and weird on top
Legacy
Jan 30, 2011
I honestly don't see what the best possible outcome for this is. One Nazi scumfuck rebelling against another Nazi scumfuck. The best we can hope for is that internal struggles in Russia will stifle their imperialist ambitions towards Europe and maybe bring about a quicker end to the war in Ukraine.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Jack is a psyop. Also his last name only reminds me of the part of the mosquito that drains you of blood. COINCIDENCE??

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
I honestly don't see what the best possible outcome for this is. One Nazi scumfuck rebelling against another Nazi scumfuck. The best we can hope for is that internal struggles in Russia will stifle their imperialist ambitions towards Europe and maybe bring about a quicker end to the war in Ukraine.
Can go for the better or the worse. Best case, two half-armies wear each other out, Ukraine regains its territory with ease. Or at least Wagner is somehow eradicated from the world. Worst case, an even more unhinged murderous psycho controls this nuclear State (and serves as a new idol/model for the exttreme-right worldwide).

But I think that with all outcomes, Russia is significantly weakened, internally. I don't think the victor of this internal struggle will be an unquestioned, unchallenged leader. It's a loss of public legitimacy for the State.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Absent

And twice is the only way to live.
Jan 25, 2023
Country
Switzerland
Also, the Moscow Times :

President Vladimir Putin's plane has reportedly taken off from Moscow's Vnukovo airport en route to St. Petersburg, independent media reported Saturday afternoon, citing air traffic data on FlightRadar24.

The aircraft appeared to disappear from the tracking system over Russia's northwestern Tver region, where one of Putin's residences is located.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov denied claims that the Russian leader had fled Moscow.

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
At this point the most interesting aspect is how little resistance they're meeting charging Moscow, not sure if its a case of the russian military is just too weak to stop them since everything they have is in Ukraine and they're just stepping aside to not get squish or if they tacitly support this.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
At this point the most interesting aspect is how little resistance they're meeting charging Moscow, not sure if its a case of the russian military is just too weak to stop them since everything they have is in Ukraine and they're just stepping aside to not get squish or if they tacitly support this.
What's left of the Russia military is basically their national guard. But even that's too strong. Its a special detachment of young men with political connections that got them out of going to Ukraine. So you have a bunch of spoiled rich brats who don't want to be here in the first place expected to take on battle hardened mercenary veterans. They may be spoiled, but they're smart enough to know this isn't a fair fight, better to lay down arms and get out of the way.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Putin getting beaten up by his insane fry cook is really funny. His insane fascistic fry cook getting the nukes if he wins is much less funny.
Yeah that's the thing. He's not leading a coup because he wants the war to be over, he's doing it because Russia won't let him nuke Kiev. He's doing this because he wants to nuke Kiev.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Yeah that's the thing. He's not leading a coup because he wants the war to be over, he's doing it because Russia won't let him nuke Kiev. He's doing this because he wants to nuke Kiev.
Perhaps, but I'd hardly be surprised if the rhetoric changes when it's something he could do.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008

I seriously have no idea what's going on. I'm watching this situation unfold with confusion and disbelief.
There's gotta be some angle to this, right? They're not this stupid, right?
Hey, this all started with a total invasion of Ukraine all the way to Kiev, I no longer assume any sort of long term thinking in this conflict.

Reactions: Mister Mumbler

meiam

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2010
Well best case scenario he take out Putin and just lay the full blame of the invasion at his feet and cancel the it altogether, but that seems unlikely. Although I wonder what the exact chain of command is for nuke and stuff, maybe it'll be really hard for him to even get access to the nuke even if he take over.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Well best case scenario he take out Putin and just lay the full blame of the invasion at his feet and cancel the it altogether, but that seems unlikely. Although I wonder what the exact chain of command is for nuke and stuff, maybe it'll be really hard for him to even get access to the nuke even if he take over.
Giving people a really good reason to kill you and putting them in a position where they could be seen as world heroes for killing you, isn't a great idea. Especially just after you've shown offing the guy in charge and taking over can work.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Its Russia, I doubt they have any real safeguards on their nukes. Fuck even the US still uses floppy disks and Commodore 64 computers in their silos. Russia still can't account for all the nukes that went missing after the collapse of the USSR. I don't think it'll be particularly hard for these mercs to get access to a few, if they don't already have some in their arsenal.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
You know, I don't remember if it was her or elsewhere, but way back when this whole shebang started I remarked that historically over-reliance on mercenaries had a tendency of backfiring spectacularly when said mercenaries decided they should be in charge instead.

SilentPony

Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
So looks like Wagner is calling the whole thing off. They're turning around and going back. Putin probably told them in no uncertain terms he would 100% nuke them if they got within 100 kilometers of Moscow.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
So who wants to take bets on whether they'll pull a Rodzaevsky on Prigozhin?