Cuties - WTF am I seeing here?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It depends on who you talk to. I don't think I've ever tried to force my religion in anyone's face here.
Yeah, I don't think you have. But, it is one of those things that will subconsciously seep into your beliefs and such. Personally, I think the way it tends to manifest the most is by being very judgmental about things and often in ways that don't really match up with what is being judged.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
And how is any of that some how worse than the exercises we did in gym class? I remember the coach having a guy in my class use his whole body on top of mine to push me down in gym class with my legs spread, and yea I could feel EVERYTHING he had to offer pressed against my back. You do realize there was a move in swing dancing in the 50's where the girls crotch was literally in the guys face as he swung her around in a circle hands free for an extended period of time and then flipped her over right? Twerking is somehow WORSE than that? LMAO Twerking is just muscle control and balance. We doe worse in gym class than twerking.
I don't know what gym class you attended or what the intent of being in that position was for, but it sounds highly suspect, and I'm sorry you were put in that uncomfortable (physically and mentally) position.

Also, a lot of dancing has an inherent level of intimacy involved, a display meant to intrigue and entice; if you want to simply break it down to the mechanics and assume they imply nothing beyond inherent talent and ability of a given individual, then we're having two different discussions. [Normal] gym classes have nothing to do with the kind of intimacy dancing involves; it should be purely mechanical.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
If you had asked the coach what that activity is for, you would probably receive a very good answer that has nothing to do with sex.

If you were to ask someone what twerking is for, you would get a an explanation that resolves around sex.
It actually goes back to an traditional African dance that was brought into hip hop in black communities a long time ago, you probably would not even be aware of it if Miley hadn't started doing it too, and no it wasn't about sex. On the old escapist, I had posted the old black and white film footage of them twerking in a ritual, but you can find plenty of videos from Africa online with it.

Traditionally in some tribes, they twerked for other women, not men.

Mind you all you have to do is google " gymnastics leotard" to see that we were wearing pantyhose thin one piece swimsuits while we had boys pressing their bodies against us in their own thin uniforms to see that would be considered " worse" if you were to be thinking of it sexually. Our leotards are actually THINNER than swimsuits.

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It actually goes back to an traditional African dance that was brought into hip hop in black communities a long time ago, you probably would not even be aware of it if Miley hadn't started doing it too, and no it wasn't about sex. On the old escapist, I had posted the old black and white film footage of them twerking in a ritual, but you can find plenty of videos from Africa online with it.
Now we can talk intent. True, twerking has indirect ties to traditional African hip-centric dances, but the intent of late, in modern hip-hop culture, is purely sexual. Just saying, no hood rats in Compton are twerking as an homage to their African roots. Neither are the non-black women doing it with little to no ties to any African culture...

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Now we can talk intent. True, twerking has indirect ties to traditional African hip-centric dances, but the intent of late, in modern hip-hop culture, is purely sexual. Just saying, no hood rats in Compton are twerking as an homage to their African roots. Neither are the non-black women doing it with little to no ties to any African culture...
Twerking actually has DIRECT ties via the African community in the US. It was brought to the US via African and Caribbean immigrants to Louisiana hip hop clubs. People appropriating their culture is not any different than people wearing native american headdresses that aren't native american. They do it because they think it looks cool. It is like a non Scot wearing a kilt. They do it anyways.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Remember when the Tango was scandalous?
I can recall the Rolling Stones causing a scandal with the lyrics, "Let's Spend the Night Together."
Now we have Cardi B https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/cardi-b/wap.html
Twerking is to the Tango what WAP is to the Stone's song.
That's fine for adults. 11 year olds?
There is definitely a movement to sexualize kids. Sex education at ever earlier ages. Media since forever.
This movie appears to be crossing a line. What is it's intent? There are some really great coming of age stories out there. They need not include prepubescent kids acting and dressing out.
1597950531712.png

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Remember when the Tango was scandalous?
I can recall the Rolling Stones causing a scandal with the lyrics, "Let's Spend the Night Together."
Now we have Cardi B https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/cardi-b/wap.html
Twerking is to the Tango what WAP is to the Stone's song.
That's fine for adults. 11 year olds?
There is definitely a movement to sexualize kids. Sex education at ever earlier ages. Media since forever.
This movie appears to be crossing a line. What is it's intent? There are some really great coming of age stories out there. They need not include prepubescent kids acting and dressing out.
View attachment 566
They actually sexualize kids less than they did in the 50's. Hell Shirley Temple and Judy Garland are prime examples. TBH I am more worried about vaping targeting tweens than girls dance attire. Most of their outfits now are more than they had us wear when we were kids.

Reactions: gorfias

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Yeah, I don't think you have. But, it is one of those things that will subconsciously seep into your beliefs and such. Personally, I think the way it tends to manifest the most is by being very judgmental about things and often in ways that don't really match up with what is being judged.
I'm disappointed in myself for not instead making the quip that I've seen you advocate the glory of the sun butt more than I've advocated the glory of Jesus. ;)

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Twerking actually has DIRECT ties via the African community in the US. It was brought to the US via African and Caribbean immigrants to Louisiana hip hop clubs. People appropriating their culture is not any different than people wearing native american headdresses that aren't native american. They do it because they think it looks cool. It is like a non Scot wearing a kilt. They do it anyways.
If these children were doing a culturally appropriate dance to culturally appropriate and period-accurate African music while wearing culturally appropriate African attire, maybe you'd have a point.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
If these children were doing a culturally appropriate dance to culturally appropriate and period-accurate African music while wearing culturally appropriate African attire, maybe you'd have a point.
"Period accurate"? They still do this dance..." Period accurate" is now. Modern Africans wear modern clothing while they dance too for the most part FYI. You do not get to police what is " culturally appropriate" and what is not either. I am trying to figure out if modesty policing or " culturally appropriate policing" is worse. They may just be equally bad.

You're like "you're not doing your Africa right" or some nonsense like you have a right to tell them how to do their own culture or something.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
They actually sexualize kids less than they did in the 50's. Hell Shirley Temple and Judy Garland are prime examples. TBH I am more worried about vaping targeting tweens than girls dance attire. Most of their outfits now are more than they had us wear when we were kids.
With any luck it (pedophelia normalization movement) reached a peak in the 1970s with movies like "Pretty Baby". In the 70's, in France, that's what the very progressive newspaper "Liberation" was pushing, with (somehow no one went to jail) a pic reading, "we must teach them to "love" across the top of a photo of a sex act between what appeared to be a middle age man and a 5 year old. 1980s had a movie about the guy that wrote "Alice in Wonderland" suggesting he had sexual desire for a prepubescent little girl. By the 1990s, did, "The Professional" cross a line?
Is NAMBLA even a thing anymore?
ITMT: Shaming Netflix over this movie seems a reasonable impediment to the advancing of this movement, no matter how small it is at this time.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
"Indirectly," "directly," semantics. Not debating the origins, but modern intent has nothing to do with the culture twerking stems from, i.e.: without researching, I'm 99.99% certain it wasn't called "twerking" in Africa however many years ago it started. TODAY, as it is done on dance floors and in the aforementioned daggering, it's meant to be sexually representative and enticing.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
With any luck it (pedophelia normalization movement) reached a peak in the 1970s with movies like "Pretty Baby". In the 70's, in France, that's what the very progressive newspaper "Liberation" was pushing, with (somehow no one went to jail) a pic reading, "we must teach them to "love" across the top of a photo of a sex act between what appeared to be a middle age man and a 5 year old. 1980s had a movie about the guy that wrote "Alice in Wonderland" suggesting he had sexual desire for a prepubescent little girl. By the 1990s, did, "The Professional" cross a line?
Is NAMBLA even a thing anymore?
ITMT: Shaming Netflix over this movie seems a reasonable impediment to the advancing of this movement, no matter how small it is at this time.
I am not seeing that is what they are doing regardless. Usually the worst exploitation of kids they try to make them look like baby dolls, dress them modestly, not have them wear the same standard dance attire everyone else is wearing. It would be much more concerning if they were forcing them to dress like " school girls" with knee high socks and pony tails. Here they are just wearing hip hop dance attire with knee pads like everyone else.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
"Indirectly," "directly," semantics. Not debating the origins, but modern intent has nothing to do with the culture twerking stems from, i.e.: without researching, I'm 99.99% certain it wasn't called "twerking" in Africa however many years ago it started. TODAY, as it is done on dance floors and in the aforementioned daggering, it's meant to be sexually representative and enticing.
It wasn't called twerking in the US in the 80's and 90's either, but they were still doing it. Calling it something else simply because white people started doing it too doesn't change where it came from and what it actually is.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
I was just looking it up and found Mapouka and looked at images and.... uh... glad no one at work was looking.

Petition to torch this thread.
What the fuck is it with all these pedo threads in this forum lately.
This isn't a "Oh man this smells good" thread, it's a "Oh my god, that smells awful. HEY JOE! COME SMELL THIS!" thread.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
As an aside and directed to no one in particular, trying to defend and explain Twerking as just an innocent thing with cultural significance is something I could easily see a pedophile doing in order to convince a young child to twerk for their enjoyment.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I was just looking it up and found Mapouka and looked at images and.... uh... glad no one at work was looking.

This isn't a "Oh man this smells good" thread, it's a "Oh my god, that smells awful. HEY JOE! COME SMELL THIS!" thread.
My response is : Stop talking about them that way and leave those girls alone to have fun.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
As an aside and directed to no one in particular, trying to defend and explain Twerking as just an innocent thing with cultural significance is something I could easily see a pedophile doing in order to convince a young child to twerk for their enjoyment.
Or another female who is tired of stupid guys trying to police what we are allowed to do. Girls do not need you to tell them what to do. The only childhood memory that was as much fun as dressing up, shaking our booties and having fun with my sisters and friends that was as happy was when I made that rock and mud trap dump out on the Timothy and BJ's heads trying to get in my Treehouse. Maybe if we dump more rocks and mud on stupid boys saying stupid things they will eventually STOP saying stupid things.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
It wasn't called twerking in the US in the 80's and 90's either, but they were still doing it. Calling it something else simply because white people started doing it too doesn't change where it came from and what it actually is.
But changing WHY people do a thing does change "what it actually is." Many people didn't realize the Washington Redskins' name was offensive to Native Americans, but the vast majority of fans (I have no exact numbers or citation, just going on my gut seeing as if someone had any hate in their heart for Native Americans, they wouldn't support a team with such a mascot) had no idea shouting their name in support of a team they loved was offensive. Even when they brought the fact up over the past few decades, the argument was essentially "that's not our intent; leave the team name alone." But I doubt telling people where "twerking" comes from will give the act of it as it stands now any more reverence or less of a sexual connotation.