Choo choo! All aboard the Complain Train!

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
I demand that the white man stop making me use latinx. They have no right to impose their gender neutrality on my language.
Funny, the lack of gender neutral words in Spanish language is kinda inconvenient to me, especially since I tend to use male and female words interchangeably when referring to myself, at least in Spanish, in English it's easier because I just leave it ambiguous, it's easy, in Spanish it's not really possible, though I've never really used the new forms of gender neutral language, my guess is that I'm too used to the form of language I was taught to consider it even if I don't have anything against it.

I'll concede that I'm not fond of the x as it's hard to pronounce, so what @Wintermute says of using an e makes more sense, that being said I don't really feel strongly about this at all.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
First complaint of 2021! Woo-Hoo!

My girlfriend’s cat (Ellie) has reached a new level of annoyance I thought unfathomable. We traveled to Ohio for Thanksgiving, and while we were gone, my gf’s mom cat sat for us, and introduced Ellie to wet food. She loves it. So much so, the song of my morning for the past month and a half has been persistent meowing, invariably a half an hour before my alarm goes off, if not earlier, meowing that literally doesn’t stop until she has wet food in her face. Also, every time someone goes into the kitchen, meowing. 30 minutes after she gets the wet food she demanded just moments before, meowing. Basically, if she’s not asleep, she’s meowing for wet food. To say this cat gets on my nerves would be to say a forest fire is akin to a campfire. I think hundreds of years from now, mankind will collectively look back on the domestication of cats with the same “what the hell were they thinking” disbelief as we do the Salem Witch Trials.

TL;DR? Cat: free to a good home. Any home. I’d give her to a crack house at this point. In fact, I’ll PAY anyone to take her anywhere that’s not here.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I think whoever’s responsible for daytime television programming needs to recognize that old and infirm people have not been the only ones stuck at home watching for the past year. I’ve seen enough obnoxiously long commercials for health/life insurance and various medications that I ironically wish I’d fall ill and die.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Today I went to the office for the first time in a few weeks. Had to take a dump.

They changed the TP. It's of the "shreds your starfish" variety. Mine is now speckless yet skidmarked.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I live in Texas. Two weeks ago, we ordered a half-cord of wood to be delivered in anticipation of the abnormally cold temperatures on the horizon. The delivery was cancelled citing “inclement weather” because it was a bit cold, in the 40s at the time. Then the snow came. Days-long streak of below freezing temperatures. The power went out for days. We resorted to burning paper bags for warmth. A dear friend of ours was kind enough to drop off a couple bundles of wood for us which we burned sparingly to conserve lest we resort to burning furniture. The power came back on last Thursday. Temperatures are on the rise; going to be as high as 75-degrees today, and will remain in the mid-to-low 60s for the next couple of weeks. We got the call that our wood is being delivered today. The part of me that wants to punch the delivery driver in the fucking nuts wants to be petty and cancel the order citing “clement weather; fuck you.” The rational part of me that lives in fear of the inevitability of Murphy’s Law will pay full price for the wood and probably say “thank you.”

Nothing more convenient than your chute deploying immediately after you’ve landed face first on the ground.

UPDATE: delivery just came. A single guy with about 8 teeth in his mouth to unload a half-cord of wood, by hand, from a flatbed truck. He was a Dallas Cowboys fan; I'm wearing my San Francisco 49ers hoodie, and before he even stepped out of the truck he started talking shit about my team. I then HELPED him unload and stack the wood. My girlfriend tipped him $10. This must be what it feels like to be a cuck.

Last edited:

Mister Mumbler

Pronounced "Throat-wobbler Mangrove"
Legacy
Jun 17, 2020
Nowhere
Country
United States
So, you know what's worse than a splinter in your foot? Driving out to a hospital, sitting around in an ER reception area for a bit, sitting in a hospital room for another bit, getting an x-ray of your foot, sitting in a hospital room again for another bit, and then get told that no, there is nothing in your foot, and getting to spend $500 for the experience (of my stimulus money that only just got here because my bank is a bag of shitheads...). Oh, and my foot still hurts when I walk. Doc thinks its some sort of tendon/soft body tissue thing going on, and I got prescribed some pain killers, but still...
emotions.gif

Reactions: Kae

Piscian

Elite Member
Apr 28, 2020
Country
United States
I'm doing ok. I'm really happy to say for once aint go nothing to complain about. This is all I got-

I woke up and leaped out of bed this morning at 2am because I heard glass shattering. Turned out my psychotic cat had climbed up into one of the kitchen cabinets and pull down my cups and glasses. Kinda sad because the one that actually broke was one of my Star Wars Glasses I bought on Etsy so it was custom, cant get another one. I love my cat but also fuck you cat.
20201013_183413.jpg

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I woke up and leaped out of bed this morning at 2am because I heard glass shattering. Turned out my psychotic cat ....
Fixed that for you. You didn't need the descriptor when all cats are little pyschos.

*Glances behind him to make sure his cats can't see this*

You're welcome.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I'm doing ok. I'm really happy to say for once aint go nothing to complain about. This is all I got-

I woke up and leaped out of bed this morning at 2am because I heard glass shattering. Turned out my psychotic cat had climbed up into one of the kitchen cabinets and pull down my cups and glasses. Kinda sad because the one that actually broke was one of my Star Wars Glasses I bought on Etsy so it was custom, cant get another one. I love my cat but also fuck you cat.
View attachment 3420
Fixed that for you. You didn't need the descriptor when all cats are little pyschos.

*Glances behind him to make sure his cats can't see this*

You're welcome.
Cats are fish tanks with attitudes: nice to look at, a B**** to take care of, and they spend their every waking hour saying "fuck you" in their uniquely "cat" way. Just sayin', of all the atrocities mankind has been responsible since the dawn of our species, the domestication of cats is by far and away the worst. I'd love nothing more than to go back in time, find the first person to utter the phrase "here kitty-kitty," burn that person at the stake, piss on the ashes and stick a wet finger in their mother's ear.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Cats are fish tanks with attitudes: nice to look at, a B**** to take care of, and they spend their every waking hour saying "fuck you" in their uniquely "cat" way. Just sayin', of all the atrocities mankind has been responsible since the dawn of our species, the domestication of cats is by far and away the worst. I'd love nothing more than to go back in time, find the first person to utter the phrase "here kitty-kitty," burn that person at the stake, piss on the ashes and stick a wet finger in their mother's ear.
I mean there's an argument that we never really domesticated cats. They just kind of moved in with us.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
I mean there's an argument that we never really domesticated cats. They just kind of moved in with us.
Haha, very possible! Some tribesman was sleeping by the fire and a lion just walked up, kneaded his belly, fell asleep on him, and we've been fucked ever since!

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Haha, very possible! Some tribesman was sleeping by the fire and a lion just walked up, kneaded his belly, fell asleep on him, and we've been fucked ever since!
"I could wake him up....but he wouldn't like that. Guess he stays". -Some ancient (proto)human.

*looks at the cat lying next to him*

That's how they get ya.

Reactions: Xprimentyl

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Today was a rollercoaster, so I asked for 2 weeks of vacations on mid April because I was frustrated that I never get vacations even though the company owes me 2 &1/2 months of vacations yesterday, I don't really have any plans just frustrated, but oddly enough they were approved by this morning with everything signed and stuff, which was a pleasant surprise since they always reject them (without any explanation), so so far so good actually, but then I got a call from someone in the company I've never heard from before, offering me a new better paying position that also doesn't require me to talk with customers because it's more of an accounting position and also has better hours (8hrs per day rather than 10 & weekends off), so obviously I said I'd do it, so far it sounds like a great day I'm sure, but later I got a call saying that I didn't get the position because they need me to work on April, I said it was fine and I could cancel but they said no and that they were already asking someone else which like really sucked.

And there I was at home feeling like garbage because I lost an opportunity to be less poor and have a less miserable job (That doesn't require me to talk with people) writing this and I get another call, they said they reconsidered and would give me the position if I cancelled the vacations I obviously agreed, and that's that I have a better job starting tomorrow with a 5% pay increase, which is ok, on the downside though I'm still not getting vacations and it seems I'm not allowed to rest.
So I guess not a bad ending to the day after all, BTW apparently they reconsidered because some friends I haven't talked with in a while work there and they said I was like amazing at my job, which is great but I'm not sure I can live up to those expectations.

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Girlfriend decided to burn a bunch of old paperwork in lieu of shredding it. I started to load the fire pit a few documents at a time, and she insisted I should just throw it all in at once. An hour later and a smoldering pile of unburnt documents later, she says "we should have done a few at a time; this is going to burn forever."

Screenshot_20210323-175718_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
So my job just sent out a new, uniform email signature we’re all supposed to use: new corporate address, new contact info for those of us now working from home, oh, and an “optional,” parenthetical field next to our name to establish our preferred gender pronouns…

Look, I’m all for inclusivity; I don’t mind who wants to sleep with whom or be whatever they choose, but c’mon. Putting a constant spotlight on the differences, IMHO, does anything BUT normalize the differences and really feels condescending. It’s enough to simply state/accept that it’s ok to be different [from the traditional norm] without having to constantly “out” yourselves. Just saying, me personally, were I to be “different,” I’d be a lot more comfortable politely correcting people on a case-by-case basis versus putting a literal stamp of my exceptionalness on every corporate communique. This is just fucking stupid and borderline offensive.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
So my job just sent out a new, uniform email signature we’re all supposed to use: new corporate address, new contact info for those of us now working from home, oh, and an “optional,” parenthetical field next to our name to establish our preferred gender pronouns…

Look, I’m all for inclusivity; I don’t mind who wants to sleep with whom or be whatever they choose, but c’mon. Putting a constant spotlight on the differences, IMHO, does anything BUT normalize the differences and really feels condescending. It’s enough to simply state/accept that it’s ok to be different [from the traditional norm] without having to constantly “out” yourselves. Just saying, me personally, were I to be “different,” I’d be a lot more comfortable politely correcting people on a case-by-case basis versus putting a literal stamp of my exceptionalness on every corporate communique. This is just fucking stupid and borderline offensive.
You being this upset about an entirely optional field for people to use if they want is the only part of what you've described that could even come close to "just fucking stupid and borderline offensive."

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
You being this upset about an entirely optional field for people to use if they want is the only part of what you've described that could even come close to "just fucking stupid and borderline offensive."
My "upset-ness" is predicated on the entirely ham-fisted solution to a relatively new issue of personal gender identification that literally highlights our differences in our corporate "we're all the same"-ness. I'm not upset about the "option," though that seems to be the more delectible, contrarian bite of my sentiments you've enjoyed. Don't choke on it.

To be clear, there are far more, less overt ways to include "the others" that don't expect they wear the badge of "otherness" with every email they send. For example, encourage people to eschew pronouns in lieu of proper first names? Chances are you won't be referring to anyone directly in the third person, so if "Sam" sends you an email, your response should be encouraged to to refer to them as "you," and if referring to them in the third, "Sam" works actually BETTER than guessing at he/she/they and is more clearly understood in context without "Sam" having to have in their signature, "Hey, I'm a 'them.'"

I don't have a problem with this decision outside of it being thoughtlessness disguised as thoughtfulness and would expect better from a multi-billion dollar company with its finger on the pulse of the now.

So yeah, I'm upset because some of us are expected to accept "scraps" as an "equal share of the meal" when there's plenty left on the table to constitute a genuine "fair share." If by you, I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but your standards are not my bar.

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
While i am happy we are rapidly dropping restrictions. I am unhappy that traffic is rapidly getting to be a pain in my ass again.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I hate it when people ask you for favors then either a) don't bother making sure you have the easiest time accomplishing it or b) get all fussy about how you did it. I don't owe you a goddamn thing, I was just trying to be a nice person by helping you out. Don't ask me to pick up shit then tell me the wrong fucking address. And if you wanted it done a specific way, then you should have done it your fucking self.

Drathnoxis

Became a mass murderer for your sake
Legacy
Sep 23, 2010
Just off-screen
Country
Canada
Liquid bandage is completely useless now. I bought some around 15 years ago and it worked great! You could put a nice thick application on and it'd stick for at least 6 hours. Unfortunately it eventually ran out and I've needed to purchase some more. I've tried two different brands now and they both go on in ultra thin coats that don't do anything. Yesterday I put 10 coats on to get a decent amount of protection and it started to fall off within an hour before I'd even left for work.