15-year old Stabs Bully 11 Times at Bus Stop, Gets Away With It

Kemea

Sep 25, 2009
I cannot say I grieve the death of the bullying kid. He got what was coming for him, and that was retaliation. Jorge tried to avoid him at all costs(he was 14, so was probably doing all he could think of to avoid the bully) but the bully took some compadres to give Jorge a nice beating.

If Jorge attacked right away, it could be seen as him assaulting the bully, but that was not the case. The bully wanted to hurt him and have a little fun and so did his friends. As said earlier, fists are also deadly weapons. Blunt weapons infact. Jorge had the edge by having a sharp weapon on his side and from his point of view: he was scared, perhaps panicking, feeling no other way out so he had to fight but did not want to get beaten up like all those other times. Why can't the bullying just stop? Why does he have to keep bullying me?

Also, when children fight, they throw as many punches as they can(also mentioned earlier) and it would be no different with a knife. stabbing 11/12 times looks too much on paper, but in reality goes all too quick. When adrenaline kicks in, you lose yourself. Jorge had a few vengeance stabs perhaps, and who can blame him? Atleast the judge didn't!

I do agree on the fact that he needs some medical help/psychological help but other than that, nothing. I aprove of the judge(HAH, like my aprovement means anything! :p)and Jorge's actions. Hell, had he been crying the matter would have been entirely different, even if he stabbed the bully 20 times.

Thou reapeth what thou soweth, soweth thou pain thou recieveth pain, in form of jagged metal imbedded in thine flesh 11/12 times? xD

GraveeKing

Nov 15, 2009
I have no sympathy for the bully whatsoever.
I usually don't believe in violence and am a total wuss really, but it's cases like this which people make sound so bad and yet.

In all truth he was in every right to use self-defence. If they bully had been smart enough not to start a fight, he'd have been fine and not dead, it's pretty basic logic and law, you attack someone, they have everyright to attack back! The only people I really feel sorry for is the bully's family, I feel sorry they gave birth to such a brat. I mean hell, it's bad enough their kid died - it's also pretty bad to hear that no one is going to be punsihed, but it's considerably worse to consider that their son was a total douchebag and DESERVED to be killed.

Personally, I'm more worried about the kid who did the stabbing, as heartless and brutal as the stabbing sounds, it was in self-defence and he was frustrated by the bully I'm sure. That doesn't stop HIM feeling bad I'm sure, it's one thing to punch a bully, but quite another thing to see the family cry at the kids death. It'll probably traumatise the poor kid! He's the real victim here, and should be treated as such.

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
I feel like the 15 year old stabbing the bully 11 times is a bit excessive, but it is entirely possible that this is something like that could be justified. I would need to know more about the situation to make a judgement.

Just my two cents.

GenericAmerican

Dec 27, 2009
Hey I live in Naples.

And I believe it was self defense, but I do not believe the stabbing was necessary. I'm my experience all you have to do is hit him one good time, and the fucker will never bother you again. That tactic has worked for me on five separate occasions.

Danglybits

Oct 31, 2008
manic_depressive13 said:
I don't know. Stabbing someone to death is pretty damn extreme. He should at least have gotten a year or so.

Let me just say that I find the term "bullying" extremely disingenuous. It's basically a way of trivialising assault that happens amongst young people. Let's call it what is, shall we? Calling someone "Fatty McMuffintop" is bullying. Hitting them is battery.
I must agree on the bullying as an inadequate term point. There are many people in a America who don't want courts and police involved in such matters as they say it is not a helpful solution of the cycle. If that were the case they would need to stop these encounters before they escalate to this level -- which is absolutely a criminal issue. When kids assault each other on the street do we call it bullying? I mean legally?

6SteW6

Mar 25, 2011
To the people who think the kid was excessive in stabbing the bully 11 times I just want to add my two cents. I don?t know how long the bullying lasted, but I would bet it went on for quite awhile. The kid probably felt helpless, afraid, embarrassed, and useless and when he finally snapped he wanted to hurt the person who had been hurting him.

We all have limits folks, and if someone pushes us past that limit we may act out in brutal and unpredictable ways. Look at most high school shootings, most of the pupils were victims of bullying who finally had enough and wanted to get back at the people responsible. Do I agree? Of course not, but it?s hard to judge a person?s reaction when you only know a tiny bit of the story.

When reading this article title my knee jerk reaction was that 11 times was excessive. But as I said we don't know what happened between the two for it to end like this. Sadly it seems like the bully has left a lasting impact on this kid far more than words or fists could ever do. By backing him so far into a corner that the kid had to act the way he did is sure to leave some painful scars later in life.

I feel sorry for both the bullied and the bully?s family. It?s a damn shame it had to end that way.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
I see nothing wrong with this. Do we really need 20 pages of discussion over it?

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
FalloutJack said:
I see nothing wrong with this. Do we really need 20 pages of discussion over it?
I think the main points of discussion are coming from people who did not readd the article or did not read it carefully.
---------
But I digress.
I dont think a stabbing was the only way out of it, but he certainly did not have many other options. Look at the sheer size difference between them.

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Apparently, we do. I also agree.

OT: He was being bullied and a assaulted by a group of students or people roughly the same size. This would cause anyone to be afraid for their safety and carry something to protct themselves.

As for the stabbing 11 times, its a mix of adrenaline, rage and fear that caused that to happen. Honestly, if any of you were in a fight or a high tension situation then you know about adrenaline rush and that in a fight you don't think about what you're doing, you unthinkingly react in a fight. This fight the bullies started and and wouldn't stop until they beat up the kid. Hitting any of them would cause the bullies to more brutally.

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Hmm I not sure what to think. Stabbing him 11 times seems a bit much but then again in the heat of the moment all that kid would've been thinking was, 'I want him to leave me alone forever'. He should've gotten some sort of punishment but nothing like a murder charge, more so as closure for the other kids parents than anything else.

Wilfy

Oct 4, 2008
Thyunda said:
Wilfy said:
Thyunda said:
Wilfy said:
Thyunda said:
Wilfy said:
Yeah, the bully probably deserved to have the crap out of him, but surely stabbing him 11 times is a bit much? I mean, I would have thought the first stab is self defence, because I don't think many bullies would keep going after being stabbed once. But the other ten stabs? That sounds like the guy snapped and killed him. He should have got some time at least.
Nah, man, look. Stab your bully once, and he's no longer fighting to hurt you, he's fighting to survive. Adrenaline kicks in on both sides. The kid keeps stabbing until the bully stops moving. Even though the first five stabs might have been fatal, people don't just die outright. It's a total myth - stab somebody in the chest, they start bleeding. Sometimes people can fight on, before collapsing and dying. Sometimes they'll fall to the ground and slowly die there.
In this case, we have a tiny blade. I bet you the bully didn't fall until the eleventh stab, and that's why he stopped at eleven.
That's a good point about the adrenaline, I admittedly didn't consider that. And was it a tiny blade, because, and I may be wrong in thinking this, but isn't a pocket knife like a pen knife? Because those have six-inch blades on, which I wouldn't class as a tiny blade.
I'm not saying he should get a murder sentence, just maybe a year or so.
A pen knife blade is three inches. In this country, a three inch blade is legal, so you won't be arrested for carrying a pen knife. However, a pocket flick knife is closer to six, so those are heavily illegal.
Even so, you have to ask, what are you punishing? A year in prison might teach him that murder is wrong, but we can both agree that it wasn't his intention to kill the guy, he just wanted to incapacitate him, and the human fight-or-flight response makes that incredibly difficult. If you think you're gonna die, you'll do whatever you can to survive, and for a guy trying to protect himself...well. You know the rest.
Ah, I'm getting confused between different types of knife then, I was going to say I was surprised a six-inch blade wasn't illegal.
Since it clearly wasn't his intention, maybe something less than jail time, just so the message given out isn't that he can get off free with it, is necessary, such as community service (I don't actually know if they have community service in the States, if so then that).
Community service is a maybe...but then we have to remember that this is a human being we're talking about. I know I sound all 'you can't be mean to people', but I'm really not. The kid defended himself against a bully who clearly had no concern for a fair fight, and if you give him any kind of legal punishment, then you've crippled his career prospects and damned him to a lifetime of condemnation. Employers don't give a shit about the circumstances of the attack. Soon as they see any form of violent crime on a CV, it goes out the window. I think the knowledge that his loss of control resulted in the death of another person would serve him well as a lesson, and that we should walk away from this particular case.
I get what you mean about it crippling his future prospects, but a quick Google search will tell the employers everything about it anyway, regardless of what's on his CV. Perhaps we should just walk away from the case as, like you said, it will serve him well as a lesson, but personally I don't think anyone should be killed and them get away with nothing at all.

BrassButtons said:
Wilfy said:
I personally don't think lethal force should be used, unless you yourself are in lethal danger. From the story, the bully didn't have a weapon other than his fists.
His life was in danger. The very first blow could have killed him, and there is no reason to assume similarly dangerous blows would not have been used had the fight continued. The idea that someone using their fists isn't a lethal threat is only true in the movies. In reality punches are a form of blunt-force trauma that can cause everything from minor bruises to organ damage.
I understand that a punch in the back of the head can in certain circumstances be fatal, but I don't see how that warrants twelve stabs with a knife. As people have pointed out, adrenaline will have kicked in, but I would have thought that since he had been trying to escape the whole time, he would stab him once, maybe twice and run. He stabbed the bully twelve times though,to me that seems like he decided to really go for the guy. This is based on my very limited knowledge of fights involving knives however.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Good on him. It's tragic that someone is dead, but at the same time, if people had to fear for their wellbeing everytime they took it upon themselves to prey on others, then they might see some sense to leaving others alone. If people were worried that attacking others would be anything other than easy (The same rational, mind you, that most nations use to justify large defense budgets, and the keeping of Nuclear weapons), then they'd do it less often. If the price that's paid is in the blood of the wicked, rather allowing them to reap the pain of the innocent, I'd say that on the balance, good happened.

The kid obeyed the law as it stands, and killed a craven piece of work in the bargain. It's horrible for the family of the kid who died, but this, and incidents like the Zangief Kid, that show that everyone could stand to be a little nicer to others.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
I hope to shake that guy's hand one day. Death is tragic but he rose up from being cast down by someone who thought they could treat another human like dirt and defended his rights as a person. It is a pity no lessons will be learnt from this by people who need re-educating.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
Wilfy said:
Nah, a conviction makes a world of difference. Let's say the kid got hired, and later on he was found to have a conviction. He'd be out on his arse. If his manager did a Google search and found this story, but no criminal conviction, then it'd be illegal for him to fire him. A criminal conviction makes all the difference.

Also, I think you need to consider the fact the bully could have been holding on to him. You can imagine you have to get pretty close to somebody with a blade like that, well within arms reach, and maybe he simply couldn't get away. Maybe he was afraid of turning his back again and receiving another blow to a delicate part of the body.
But maybe it's because he's a fifteen year old kid with no combat training. If it were me in the situation, as I am now, with intent to kill, I'd have gone for the throat or jerked the knife up between the ribs. It would not take me twelve stabs. This kid, though? He's not had the same training as me. Hell, he might not have even had videogame logic to go off. Maybe he thought a three inch blade couldn't kill anybody. Either way, I can't find any reason to punish him.
The community already learned something from this. Bullying never ends well.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
That bully learnt his lesson. Some one may be an easy target but if you drive them over the edge, don't be surprised if they freak out. Maybe stabbing 11 times is not acceptable, but nor is ganging up and terrorising a kid either....if someone had sorted this issue out earlier it wouldn't have escalated. I've been where he is. Been bully. I hate fighting mostly because I suck at it, but I remember that bully pushed my sister over and I freaked out and hit him in the face with a brick a few times. He stopped the bullying from then on and I found my confidence to not take shit from people.

Sometimes people just push others to far. But from some of the comments here people dont agree because of there ages. Fear is fear. Same as physical and mental damage. If it was a story of a woman who stabbed her husband after years of abuse. No one would complain. But we were all kids, we all were bullied, made to feel like crap and had no one to help us.

Thing is as adults, you can just call the police or take the person to court if they bully or hit us. As a kid you have nothing to back you up.

monkey_man

Jul 5, 2009
It was a bit overkill, and perhaps a baseball bat would have been better. I am sure he didn't mean to kill, only maim or seriously injure. Anyway, I do condone this. Bullies are bastards, and even though (almost) no one should die, it's time bullies realize that not everyone will take abuse.

Wilfy

Oct 4, 2008
Thyunda said:
Wilfy said:
Nah, a conviction makes a world of difference. Let's say the kid got hired, and later on he was found to have a conviction. He'd be out on his arse. If his manager did a Google search and found this story, but no criminal conviction, then it'd be illegal for him to fire him. A criminal conviction makes all the difference.

Also, I think you need to consider the fact the bully could have been holding on to him. You can imagine you have to get pretty close to somebody with a blade like that, well within arms reach, and maybe he simply couldn't get away. Maybe he was afraid of turning his back again and receiving another blow to a delicate part of the body.
But maybe it's because he's a fifteen year old kid with no combat training. If it were me in the situation, as I am now, with intent to kill, I'd have gone for the throat or jerked the knife up between the ribs. It would not take me twelve stabs. This kid, though? He's not had the same training as me. Hell, he might not have even had videogame logic to go off. Maybe he thought a three inch blade couldn't kill anybody. Either way, I can't find any reason to punish him.
The community already learned something from this. Bullying never ends well.
I had actually meant a Google search before hiring him (I heard some employers do that now) but you're right, a conviction would make a huge deal of difference.

And you have in fact managed to sway me in the boy's favour here. I don't really know enough about the situation to judge.
And I have to ask if you don't mind, what training do you have?