30,000 Users Cut From Dating Site Because They Were "Ugly"

ZenMonkey47

Jan 10, 2008
One would think that a dating site for beautiful people would be like building a hospital for healthy people.

Judgement101

Mar 29, 2010
..............what the hell? I'm sorry, I feel like I should post something witty or at least trolly but this is just too stupid for an actual comment.

Eyelicker

Apr 8, 2010
The amount of Jellymad in this thread is unbearable

It turns out that people prefer to date attractive people, so a website that is so forward about it's goals in facilitating this is no big deal.

We can sit here and circlejerk all we want stereotyping them and going for their intellects/personality or even definition of attractiveness, despite there being all kinds of attractive people. But this is simply a natural thing, albeit done online and being blunt about it: attractive people date attractive people because they can. Why would it be any other way.

Also, bear in mind that there are beautiful people out there who are nicer and more intelligent than you, and your obvious jealousy and almost gang like mentality on this makes you seem just as despicable as you perceive them. Your definition of "attractive people" seems to be based on Jersey Shore and nothing else.

Eyelicker

Apr 8, 2010
The amount of Jellymad in this thread is unbearable

It turns out that people prefer to date attractive people, so a website that is so forward about it's goals in facilitating this is no big deal.

We can sit here and circlejerk all we want stereotyping them and going for their intellects/personality or even definition of attractiveness, despite there being all kinds of attractive people. But this is simply a natural thing, albeit done online and being blunt about it: attractive people date attractive people because they can. Why would it be any other way.

Also, bear in mind that there are beautiful people out there who are nicer and more intelligent than you, and your obvious jealousy and almost gang like mentality on this makes you seem just as despicable as you perceive them. Your definition of "attractive people" seems to be based on Jersey Shore and nothing else.

jakefongloo

Aug 17, 2008
Really? I honestly thought that in 2011 someone would not be that open about political INcorrectness.

I hope people who use that site pay a fuck ton.

On the other hand I don't buy (at all) that physical attraction does not matter. I may be shallow for typing this, but I won't approach a girl unless I am preliminarily attracted to her.

I'm sure I wasn't the only one who had to do the goldfish experiment in high school biology. Where the goldfish with the brighter shades of orange were more "beautiful" and mated more often, however they were also eaten more regularly. Physical attraction is just another form of Darwinism. As is having marketable skills and mental fortitude. Anyone riding on their physical attraction and judging people who don't, deserve the pump and dump. They have nothing to offer in long term and as in terms of business have a "declining asset".

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Caramel Frappe said:
They have a website for beautiful people? Hah.. best joke ever. No offense, but it doesn't matter how you look on the outside, for dating is based on dating the person you feel happy with for who they are on the 'inside' period. This sickens me, I really hope their website goes on fire (since it's the internet, crash then?) Maybe am overreacting, but still..
In defense of their argument, I believe physical attraction is still a relevant part of relationships.
Simple solution to one's ugliness, is just use another site? Simple.

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
I give this a big, fat "MEH!" A bunch of shallow, conceited people who consider themselves to be the peak of human beauty want to be to themselves and only associate with those they deem worthy. Well, that's okay, as far as I'm concerned; they're perfectly allowed to choose whomever they do and don't want to associate with. Just as I'm perfectly allowed to ignore them and move on with my life as normal. Honestly, the whole affair is not too much different from the way us gamers treat people. In fact, we're often worse about it; just check the comments on any gamer forum.

ciasteczkowyp

May 3, 2011
When You live Your "beautiful" life glued to a TV screen and "beauty" magazines, then You become a parody that perfectly fits that website. Appearances are important but ain't critical when You're in a relationship that's not only about sex, tho I admit this site provides an opportunity for everyone to google those people and avoid them.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
RaikuFA said:
isnt this illegial? denying service based on looks?
they're not based in the United States of America. I think it said Denmark, I don't quite remember though.

[link]http://www.ashleymadison.com/[/link] is still a worse site.

Beertaster

Jan 20, 2011
this kind of trolling I like. Do you think I could grab some super model's image on google and make my own account?

Crystalgate

Feb 7, 2009
I remember reading in another dating site that a fat girl had problems getting dates. Then she submitted a fake photo and suddenly she got a lot of responses from people who claimed to be interested knowing more about her thoughts. This makes me wonder if beautiful people aren't just being honest rather than shallow. Maybe it's a bit of both.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Why would these so-called "beautiful" people *need* an online dating site of their very own?

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
A website with founders believing that there's one universal rule of "beauty," and that what people find beauty isn't entirely subjective at all! Perfect!
Seriously though, I can't stand people like that. They're just so damn dumb.

Still, a counseling hotline? That's just insanely funny.

Also,
BeautifulPeople.com About said:
To become a member, applicants are required to be voted in by existing members of the opposite sex.
According to these people, homosexuality makes you ugly.

SarahSyna

Jul 8, 2009
The thing is, there's not really a good definition of beautiful, so using it as a measurement is useless. What works for someone doesn't work for another. There's no one true pretty.

And to be honest, almost any person who signs up to a site for 'beautiful' people is about ten shades of arrogant.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Caramel Frappe said:
They have a website for beautiful people? Hah.. best joke ever. No offense, but it doesn't matter how you look on the outside, for dating is based on dating the person you feel happy with for who they are on the 'inside' period. This sickens me, I really hope their website goes on fire (since it's the internet, crash then?) Maybe am overreacting, but still..
So, what you're saying is looks don't play a part in dating at all? I'm calling bullshit immediately.

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
How do you know if you're "beautiful enough"? Is there, like, an official handbook to beauty? And then what about people that find only certain things beautiful that those on the website may not? "Oooh gross! Is that a mole?! Right on her lip?! No way are we letting her in." "That's Cindy Crawford." "Crawford? That name sounds like a crusty sea creature. Get it away!"

Crystalgate

Feb 7, 2009
Trishbot said:
How do you know if you're "beautiful enough"? Is there, like, an official handbook to beauty? And then what about people that find only certain things beautiful that those on the website may not? "Oooh gross! Is that a mole?! Right on her lip?! No way are we letting her in." "That's Cindy Crawford." "Crawford? That name sounds like a crusty sea creature. Get it away!"
My understanding is that each new applicant is put up to a vote. Whether or not you qualify as beautiful depends on what the majority of those who votes think. So, if there's something with your look that ticks one member off, you'd still make it if the other voters like how you look.