A cult forms around you. How do you react?

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Take a cult fee of 20$ each from them every month so i can live in luxery from now on

Id have them go on a crusade and cut off the hands of all thieves but children who do it to survive.

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
First use it as a platform to teach my philosophy of Logical Utilitarian Humanism, then after I have gone through the section that states that one should not have faith, but instead rely on scientific principles of logic, evidence, reason, and skepticism I would begin explaining why various supernatural things most likely are false, ending with gods. When someone asked if that meant I wasn't I god I would say very good and ask that they follow my words, not as those of a god, but as a man and see how many stick around. Then again if I was a little less moral I could always follow through on my plans when I was voted most likely to become a evil genius and conquer the world in middle school, which was to start a religion called Azerath-Kalisun Feliate Dannam Ozou pe Merein or Lord Azerath's (Literally Azerath who is the greatest among us) Sacred Truth and Duty, dedicated to the worship of the Lord of Angels (called the Astirininth) and me as his prophet upon Earth, which is one of eight worlds inhabited by humans. I created langues for various factions, idealogy, backstory... I really should right a book using it sometime. Another fun option is to claim to be a disguised Odin the Wanderer and convince people to worship the Aesir and Vanir from Norse myth.

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!

Get a little favor from Khorne.

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Sixcess said:
I'd use the hot ones for sex, the rich ones for money, the influential ones for political and legal protection when the sex and money gets out of control, and the rest for suicidal attacks on my enemies should the sex, money, politics and criminality get really out of control.
Finally. I was starting to think that I was the only one who thought this.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Moderated said:
Your god thinks you are kind of hot, come on in.
This, I think is the first thought that came to many men. And it's also the first thing many men would deny. I don't understand why. We evolved to seek out as many sexually desirable partners as we can in order to spread our genetic code. It is not only natural, it is expected.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
generals3 said:
The answer is quite obvious, i'd tell them to convert the unbelievers in order for my cult to grow. And eventually i'll go full Kane (C&C reference)!
you turn into an ancient alien that just wants to leave earth, engineer it's destruction at the hands of a super mineral and inspire countless religions to include you as part of their mythology?
boy, lets hope there a few super scientists among your followers.

i would send my people to live normal lives, spread good and the word of my awesomeness and send 10% of their income every month.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
"What the fuck is wrong with you people? Really? You're going to uphold me as some sort of messiah? Good lord, that's just messed up. What, are our tenants to sit around hating our jobs while eating Cheetos and playing videogames? You people REALLY need to go out and find a hobby...or a better role-modle."

I'd say my reaction would be something along the lines of that. :p

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I'd try to get them to do good... and if anyone takes my wishes too far will severely punished...

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Abuse the Powah!

Convince them I can shoot lightening from my fingertips whilst screaming "UNLIMITED POWER".

Make a throne out of people.

The usual.

Darren Carrigan

Mar 6, 2012
It would depend on how they lived previously, if I had the chance to make complete evil people into good people with what i preached - I'd try.
If they were ordinary people i would tell them to live how they want

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
I personally would never want to be a leader of a cult as reprehensible enough to have someone like me as it's leader.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
I get uncomfortable with the whole 'forum celebrity' thing around here as it is, having a cult form around me would probably make me have an aneurysm.
It's alright SIR, we have the best medical staff in that event SIR.

OT: I would either do the Fight Club thing, or use them to spread a good word, maybe get the US to handle its shit better, and wake up the sheep.

Murmillos

Silly Deerthing
Feb 13, 2011
I'd keep all the hot non crazy chicks for myself *cough*.. and uhh.. let the rest of them go about their normal life, with making sure they don't do anything too crazy in my name.

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
"Your God demands tribute! Get out your checkbooks!"

Then I'd probably spend the rest of my days ordering them around to do whatever comes to mind at the moment, making regal gestures at them from a throne I'd have them build for me.

So what I'm saying is that the attention might go to my head a wee bit.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Order them to cut down the mightest tree in the forest....with a herring.

And if they return from that, Order them to kill themselves right now. Either they will or they'll quit. In either case, I'll be rid of them.

bauke67

Apr 8, 2011
First tell them to spread the word and increase our numbers. Then I'd use the usefull ones to make my life as easy and enjoyable as possible. I wouldn't just be a god among men, but with all those followers, I'd be a RICH god among men.

And of course take over the world once I have enough devoted followers.

XMark

Jan 25, 2010
Murmillos said:
I'd keep all the hot non crazy chicks for myself *cough*.. and uhh.. let the rest of them go about their normal life, with making sure they don't do anything too crazy in my name.
Yeah, I'd do that too, but anyone following me as a cult leader is crazy by definition so that's out.

So I'd teach everyone in the cult how to play different instruments, and have them follow me around everywhere providing an orchestral soundtrack to my life.

Daverson

Nov 17, 2009
I will go mad with power.

It'll probably be for the best I'm the official religion, anyway. I mean, if people are going to worship someone, it might as well be me.