A Poly relationship

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
While I'm much more in the camp of 'quality over quantity', I'd be open to the idea of two girls sharing if that's what they wanted. Couldn't do a MMF thing though; I'm way to jealous, and I'm straight.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
me share a boyfreind with somone....

you know? that doesnt sound so awful, the occasional sex and relationship stuff but I don't have somone around 24/7

more time for gaming

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
No. That'd be weird for me. Nothing else to say really... ugh, move to Utah?
*immediately booed and forever banned from Utah*

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
Hmm...

While I wouldn't mind trying such a thing out with 2 women (another man is out of the fucking question, there will be blood), I can only see myself being locked out of the bedroom quite often, while I repeat the muffled line of "can I watch?" through the crack in the door.

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
Bara_no_Hime said:
Wow.

I usually use feeling jealous of sex toys as an extreme example, almost hyperbole, but you actually felt that.

I hope you have worked your way through that and are now comfortable using toys on her. Remember - the toy doesn't do anything until someone (in this case you) uses it - it becomes a metaphoric extension of you when you wield it.

Also remember - dildos are one of the few ways a couple can manage double penetration without additional players. I'm just sayin'. ^^
Plus you can buy the kits that make a model of your own. That's a fun activity. Did that with my girlfriend before I went overseas for two months.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
WolfThomas said:
BOOM headshot65 said:
I'm scared shitless by your completely antisocial attitude that justifies physical assault on people for what you perceive as flirting with your other.

If this is true one day you or your girlfriend would end up meeting someone who might be gay/straight, single/taken, sober/drunk, just friendly/extrovert or actually genuinely flirting. They'll end up in hospital with a base of skull fracture or worse dead. You'll be in civil or criminal court.

Rational adults calmly divert any unwanted attention without a fuss and are self-confident enough to know that their partner isn't going to run away with the next person who makes eye contact with them.
^^^^^^^
Agreed.

And one thing this "I'll break your legs" boyfriend is forgetting: There are some of us out there who have the training and experience to become the meanest, nastiest and scariest sons of bitches you've ever fucking seen.

Think about that next time you want to deck someone for looking at your girl.

Oh, and OP: Have fun. Poly isn't for everybody, but if it's for you, great!

WolfThomas

Man must have a code.
Dec 21, 2007
alandavidson said:
And one thing this "I'll break your legs" boyfriend is forgetting: There are some of us out there who have the training and experience to become the meanest, nastiest and scariest sons of bitches you've ever fucking seen.

Think about that next time you want to deck someone for looking at your girl.
Or just dudes carrying knives (or guns in the USA) legally or illegally. That'll wreck your night/life. Having to poo into a bag because some degenerate shived you.

Okulossos

Oct 3, 2012
Never! It can simply not go well for a longer time period.
You are on your knees begging for trouble if you get in such a relationship. It is all fun at the beginning, but very, VERY soon things will start to go wrong and the moment you can see it happening it will all be too late and everyone is hurt and hearts will be bleeding. You will lose those two friends soon and you will be a whole lot more sorry than you ever thought you could be.
Yea, you probably have rules, but those will be broken sooner than you think and then fear will happen which will lead to mistrust and jealousy and this will lead to fighting and accusations and that will be it.
With one partner this can happen as well, but you can talk about stuff, and the whole jealousy and mistrust-level can be cleared away by taking the fear. This is not possible in a relationship between 3 or more people, because there will always be someone who can not be worked into a consensus.
I have never seen something like this work. First everyone is saying "oh, we got this, it's all good, we have rules and everything has been cleared" and a few weeks/month later I always hear "how did we not see that? If it wasn't for x jealousy... If y hadn't broken the rules... if the rules weren't like that... if if if..." Truth is it all falls back on the type of relationship and the human nature and feral instincts.

You should jump of that train to hell before it takes you down. This is a sure disaster... you can thank me later for this advice.

XavierAmaru

Feb 14, 2011
Am I the only one wondering how so many people from this site managed to get into multipartner relationships? How the hell do they even start?

Naeras

Mar 1, 2011
I don't see the problem with being in one if it works for the people in the relationship. Their love life is none of my business.

Would I manage to do it? Probably not. I might be somewhat of a man-slut when I'm single, but I have a fairly high bar for what I want from a person in order to pursue a serious relationship with them. Finding just one person who I have the required chemistry to get together with is already a hassle. Finding two, who also happened to have feelings for each others as well, would be nigh-impossible.

Simon Pettersson

Apr 4, 2010
I would personally go crazy being in a poly relationship. I can be very jealous so it would not be a good idea.

But maybe if I love them both I could would be very hard if I get in to a fight with them and they stick together against me :(

phyrexian

Feb 5, 2012
I could never share, and I never want to be shared. I need someone who's committed only to me.

That said, I don't have anything against polyamorous relationships. I watched something a few weeks ago that explained these relationships to me, and I can understand the appeal they have. But I could never imagine being in one. Different strokes, and all that.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
Could never to it I could never do it I dont like the idea of my girl sleeping with another dude

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
BOOM headshot65 said:
EeveeElectro said:
I couldn't imagine having a threesome with another girl and a boyfriend cause if she so much as kissed him I'd rip her to shreds.
If she kissed him? Peh. You aint got nothing on my girlfriend. If another girl so much as FLIRTS with me, then my girlfriend will first call her very unlady-like things[footnote]Including, but not limited too: ****, Slut, *****, etc.[/footnote], then will beat her. On my end, same thing. If another dude starts hitting on her, I will deck him and make sure he leaves with a limp.

OT: Just in case I didnt spell it out well enough above: No, No, No, No. Oh yes, did I mention HELL NO! If thats what you want to do, fine, but I will NEVER do that. Period.
You sure do talk big, but have you considered the possibility that the other guy might actually kick your ass and you not only end up in the hospital but also get sued for assault?
Remember, in our heads we win every fight ever, but in reality, every fight needs a loser for someone to be a winner.

On topic:
If you are happy with it, enjoy, but I wouldn't like being in such a relationship.

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
Would certainly consider it. Hell, I'm desperate and lonely enough that I'd settle for anything with anybody, so long as all people involved are legally adults. You know, legal reasons and all. Other than that, I'm fine with being husband #73 in a man-harem or whatever.

Paflick

May 26, 2011
I see nothing wrong with it. If all the parties are consenting, I mean, why the hell not?

I, personally, probably couldn't do it. It'd just be a bit much all at once. But, like the others have said, different strokes for different folks.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
XavierAmaru said:
Am I the only one wondering how so many people from this site managed to get into multipartner relationships? How the hell do they even start?
Huh? Most of this thread is people saying "I couldn't do it, but congrats to you" or "I'm too jealous to do that".

Only like five people in the whole thread have said "yes, we've been in one" successfully for some, not for others. And two of those people are in the same relationship (we have two out of three of them on this site).

As for how I did it, I'll tell you.

I had started a lesbian relationship with a friend of mine. We were both bi, and talked about the possibility of having a three-way sometime. Good start.

A few months into the relationship, we made a new mutual friend, another lesbian. We were hanging out with her, playing video games or something, and we'd just finished whatever we were doing and she said "so, what now?"

I, jokingly, replied "Threeway?"

She said "... okay!"

I blinked and looked at my girlfriend. She was equally intrigued. So we had a threeway. Fun was had by all. It was very good.

So good that, afterwards, my GF and I asked our new friend if she wanted to go out with us. She said she did.

The three of us were together for a few months. One issue was it was semi long distance - I was living with my main GF, but our new friend lived three hours away, so we could really only see her on weekends and such. So it was like we, the established couple, were mutually dating her.

So that's how it happened. A joke that suddenly wasn't a joke anymore.

BOOM headshot65

Jul 7, 2011
Dijkstra said:
It seems obvious anyway. He doesn't like people who hit on people who are taken. I don't see why dislike would be hard to understand, he just goes further. Further to a degree I'd say he needs anger management classes, but it's just an extension of a feeling that doesn't require someone to feel threatened.
Actually you got that right, but drop the "anger management" thing. As I have said multiple times already, I am not violent, and dispite what some people are trying to say, violence is a last resort for when we have told someone "No means no" and they still try anyway.

I hate cheaters. Plain and simple. She hates cheaters even more because it has caused massive problems in her family. And thats why shes with me. She KNOWS I wont cheat on her, and because she has seen the damage it does, I know she wont cheat on me.

WolfThomas said:
I'm scared shitless by your completely antisocial attitude that justifies physical assault on people for what you perceive as flirting with your other.
What anti-social attitude. If they are flirting with her, and "Back off" isnt enough to make them go, then yeah, Im going to get physical.

If this is true one day you or your girlfriend would end up meeting someone who might be gay
Actually, if the problem is because they are gay/lesbian, then the reaction will be more along the lines of "o_O Um....Im straight.......". Honest mistake. No biggy.

If thier sober, they should know better.

"Wait, theres drunk people here? Sorry, must have taken a wrong turn. *walking out door* Tu-Ta-Lu."

just friendly/extrovert
And thats fine. They can talk with her to thier hearts content. I have no problem with that, she can talk to anyone she wants. But they better keep thier hands to themselves. Once they start making advances and "Back off" isnt making them go away, then we have a problem.

or actually genuinely flirting.
Then we have a problem if telling them to back off isnt working.

They'll end up in hospital with a base of skull fracture or worse dead. You'll be in civil or criminal court.
Holy shit! How hard do you think Im going to hit them if it even comes to that?! Worst case is they get a fat lip and a bloody nose. You can just sleep that off. As for the court thing, 'round these parts no one calls the cops unless unless its serious. You can fight out in the parking lot of the local bar for all they care and as long as no one is hospitalized they wont even show up.

Rational adults calmly divert any unwanted attention without a fuss and are self-confident enough to know that their partner isn't going to run away with the next person who makes eye contact with them.
hazabaza1 said:
Or...
You could explain and tell the guy to back off.

But that would be reasonable, wouldn't it? Couldn't be having that, oh no.
How many times do I have to say it? Violence is the last resort for someone who doesnt take the hint that "NO MEANS NO!" after being told it multiple times. You guys seem to be making it out like the second another guy walks up to her, winks, and says "Hey, want to come home with me tonight." then 2 seconds later he is knocked out and missing some teeth thanks to either me or her. Thats not it at all.