Activision CEO Says He Would Raise Prices Even Higher

Omega Hunter 9

Feb 25, 2009
Perhaps if said executives' salaries took a hit instead of game prices going up, I might just believe in corporate honesty again...

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I believe this would be best illustrated by illustration.

Gentlemen, we have a smiling photo to deface, don't you think?

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
The problem is, gamers on a whole will ***** about the price, all the while standing in line for Activision's next Guitar Hero or Prototype or Call of Duty or whatever. We will ***** and moan, but we don't have the balls to actually *not* buy their product. The only thing that will lower the prices is actually cutting his supply of people willing to support his practices.

Except people will always find a way to justify their boycott "I'll not buy any Activision game anymore...except for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. But no more! Unless they announce Call of Duty 5..." etc. etc. We're suckers with no spine, and Kotick is taking advantage of it because he can. The question is: What are YOU going to do about it?

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Well, how else is he going to pay for the industrial sized machine for removing his foot from so far inside his mouth?

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
The man is clearly Tony Blair's long lost brother.

Never mind the greedy backstabbing lieing bit, he's even got the same smile!
Where's the wife with the scary smile and awful disregard for ... anything, heh.

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
Sony later commended him for making a stupid business statement as he got out of his COD milking mobile.

OT: Jesus, Someone already called trachea, I call ribcage.

metagaia

Random small pink blob
Jul 23, 2008
I can just see this sort of attitute being the loooong slippery slope to Activisions own console: the Activation. Price as a meagre $50, all Activision games for the console cost $300 and upwards (more for premium titles)

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
This is a forum. Bitching, pissing and moaning is what we do here. I would need a boycott group 500 thousand strong before I even think of not buying this game, because as it stands it makes no difference whether I buy this or not, the game is still going to sell an unholy amount.
And that is the problem. Unless 500,000 people refuse to buy the game, you won't either?

If I may use a quote...

It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime, what better place than here, what better time than now? -Zach De La Rocha
Lord_Jaroh said:
The problem is, gamers on a whole will ***** about the price, all the while standing in line for Activision's next Guitar Hero or Prototype or Call of Duty or whatever. We will ***** and moan, but we don't have the balls to actually *not* buy their product. The only thing that will lower the prices is actually cutting his supply of people willing to support his practices.

Except people will always find a way to justify their boycott "I'll not buy any Activision game anymore...except for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. But no more! Unless they announce Call of Duty 5..." etc. etc. We're suckers with no spine, and Kotick is taking advantage of it because he can. The question is: What are YOU going to do about it?
I'm going to do what has to be done. I'm not going to purchase games with the big fat Activision logo on them.

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
FloodOne said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
This is a forum. Bitching, pissing and moaning is what we do here. I would need a boycott group 500 thousand strong before I even think of not buying this game, because as it stands it makes no difference whether I buy this or not, the game is still going to sell an unholy amount.
And that is the problem. Unless 500,000 people refuse to buy the game, you won't either?
Yes.

It's like vegetarianism to prove a point. Why bother when everyone else is going to eat it regardless? I would like some proof that others are banding up to prove a point, and I'm too lazy to do it myself in response to your quote.

Until then, I'm probably going to buy it (though not at release because the c*nts denied PC owners NVGs and a Prestige edition, so this might be moot).

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Lord_Jaroh said:

I say buy only from trusted people. I never bought the Call of Duty series and any of their other franchises. I only go with Ubisoft and the like.

And if I can't even trust them, I IMPORT BABY! :D They don't get the money, I get my game, everyone wins.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
joystickjunki3 said:
Dude's crazy. I can deal w/ that, as long as I don't have to pay out the ass for SC2.
There probably came a point when Blizzard said they could release a single Starcraft 2, with less content, which would probably be received better but make less money. This demon* saw the content that could be released, and pushed Blizz to do the trilogy angle instead. Which would rack in more money, bleeding gamers for more than they probably should be bled. It's just a random thought.
Many times blurbs like this just come out, and quite a few times they come around to biting the blurber(ya, I made it up, but sounds good with this guy in mind) in the ass. I wouldn't be surprised if he has started to make the board of Activision and its shareholders nervous. True he is making them money now, but not everybody is blind to when the flow of money stops due to one stupid mistake that is repeated. Pissing off Sony with his jibe at consoles needing to be cheaper may just be the start of his downfall.
Sorry, joystickjunki3, but since I am betting SC2 is going to be good, you are going to pay out the bum for it, all three episodes of it, and this guy is gonna make his share.

*: as per
HardRockSamurai said:
An Activision CEO wishing he could raises prices higher? Are you fucking kidding me?

OK, is there anything ELSE Activision could do right now to make themselves appear EVEN MORE satanic? Even Kotick's picture looks as if it were taken at his summer home in the depths of hell!

[small]Say hello to the new face of evil folks![/small]​
I'd do my own, but MSPaint wouldn't do justice to what I'd want to do. Think I'd rather just print that pic out and put it on my dartboard.

FloodOne

Apr 29, 2009
ChromeAlchemist said:
FloodOne said:
ChromeAlchemist said:
Yes.

It's like vegetarianism to prove a point. Why bother when everyone else is going to eat it regardless? I would like some proof that others are banding up to prove a point, and I'm too lazy to do it myself in response to your quote.
It's this kind of train of thought that is damaging human society as a whole. Vegetarians who abstain from meat to prove a point are doing just that. Proving a point. In the grand scheme of things, a videogame price is insignificant, but would you sit idly by while an actual injustice is taking place?

Should the people of Iran have just rolled over instead of standing up to prove a point?

Again, a videogame price is nowhere near as important as what happened in Iran, but that "fuck all, I can't change anything" attitude is scary.

Lord_Jaroh

Ad-Free Finally!
Apr 24, 2007
FloodOne said:
Lord_Jaroh said:

I'm going to do what has to be done. I'm not going to purchase games with the big fat Activision logo on them.
Good for you. This is the proper response, and the only one that will be taken seriously when Activision's shareholders review the books, albeit if enough people do it. For the record the last Activision game I bought was Guitar Hero 3, and that was the main reason why I stopped supporting them.

I know that I will miss games I would otherwise have bought, but you know what? There are plenty of other good games to play, made by people that actually care for their audience (or at least have enough tact to not be complete assholes towards their customers). What will test me is Diablo III, but I really am not excited for this game as I would have been 5 years ago, had it come out not looking like the World of Warcraft team spat it out after Kotick's greedy fingers reached down their throats.