Ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
Having visited a conservative forum and braved the hells therein and found no valid reasons for not allowing gay marriage. Twelve pages was more than enough to show that that forum at least could not produce good reasons against gay marriage. There were some good arguments for on the other hand.

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
Therumancer said:
Muspelheim said:
Therumancer said:
... and there you go, making my point for me. Everything you said right there pretty much proves the point and explains why the conflict continues, remains deadlocked, and sees an ebb and flow, periods of backlash, etc...

Things won't change until your side admits that there is validity to the other side and it isn't entirely the kind of issue you have convinced yourself it is. Likewise the other side has to do something very similar when it comes to a lot of the faith based arguements. Once that happens, it will be possible to see an actual resolution.
It's a big, bloody shame there isn't any validity to the other side then, isn't it?

Again. Well being of people trumps religious tradition. That is how things should be. Furthermore... The christian faith, and indeed no other faith, nor any of its believers, will take any harm whatsoever once people with differing sexualities have the same rights and status as anyone. They have no reason to not grow up and revise some of their outdated and cruel practices, like indeed many churches have.
No, it's a big, bloody, shame that your not even willing to consider the other side. Simply saying that something exists doesn't mean that I am here as their defender, especially seeing as I represent a third party acknowledging valid points on both ends of the conflict.

You are correct about religious tradition though, and I myself have pointed out that it's an aspect of this that the anti-gay side needs to drop.
Consider the side that is giving no arguments? What a surprise!

You are defending them. You claim they have valid points. Funnily enough you never provide them, you just claim they exist. And you claim to be a third party that is oh so knowledgeable without demonstrating it. It's as if you think saying 'third party' gives you magical authority that puts you above needing to demonstrate your claims.

"You claim they have valid points. Funnily enough you never provide them,"

Do you provide any? We don't need many points apart from there's no fucking reason for gay marriage to be wrong. Why is it wrong? You can't just say that it's your belief without any reason.
I don't see any reason why the pro gay side is lacking any validity, but I don't see any good arguments from anti-gays other then "It's icky".

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
Mortai Gravesend said:
GeneralTwinkle said:
Mortai Gravesend said:
Therumancer said:
Muspelheim said:
Therumancer said:
... and there you go, making my point for me. Everything you said right there pretty much proves the point and explains why the conflict continues, remains deadlocked, and sees an ebb and flow, periods of backlash, etc...

Things won't change until your side admits that there is validity to the other side and it isn't entirely the kind of issue you have convinced yourself it is. Likewise the other side has to do something very similar when it comes to a lot of the faith based arguements. Once that happens, it will be possible to see an actual resolution.
It's a big, bloody shame there isn't any validity to the other side then, isn't it?

Again. Well being of people trumps religious tradition. That is how things should be. Furthermore... The christian faith, and indeed no other faith, nor any of its believers, will take any harm whatsoever once people with differing sexualities have the same rights and status as anyone. They have no reason to not grow up and revise some of their outdated and cruel practices, like indeed many churches have.
No, it's a big, bloody, shame that your not even willing to consider the other side. Simply saying that something exists doesn't mean that I am here as their defender, especially seeing as I represent a third party acknowledging valid points on both ends of the conflict.

You are correct about religious tradition though, and I myself have pointed out that it's an aspect of this that the anti-gay side needs to drop.
Consider the side that is giving no arguments? What a surprise!

You are defending them. You claim they have valid points. Funnily enough you never provide them, you just claim they exist. And you claim to be a third party that is oh so knowledgeable without demonstrating it. It's as if you think saying 'third party' gives you magical authority that puts you above needing to demonstrate your claims.

"You claim they have valid points. Funnily enough you never provide them,"

Do you provide any? We don't need many points apart from there's no fucking reason for gay marriage to be wrong. Why is it wrong? You can't just say that it's your belief without any reason.
I don't see any reason why the pro gay side is lacking any validity, but I don't see any good arguments from anti-gays other then "It's icky".

Why don't you read the conversation again before you start, okay?
I actually just realised I quoted the wrong person, meant to be directed at the other guy

Sorry, I'm very tired :p

General Twinkletoes

Suppository of Wisdom
Jan 24, 2011
OlasDAlmighty said:
targren said:
gigastar said:
Even atheism is a religion of a sort, though one propped by a common disbelief.
Atheism is a religion in the same way that not collecting stamps is a hobby.
Whether you want to actually define atheism as a religion or not is a matter of semantics. It doesn't change the fact that the core atheist belief is a religious one.
Nope, religion is about faith, atheism is about having an explanation. It's not religious at all.

ELD3RGoD

Apr 23, 2010
This is why I dislike Religion in general. Hopefully the kid will have some intelligence when he grows up so he can get his own opinion of things, much like I got away from my parents beliefs that all Germans are Nazi's and all brown skinned people are 'Pakis.' Knowledge is key.

On a different note, I don't understand why people need an organized religion and use the 'it gives us comfort for when we die' line. I make up my own Gods as I go, give them names, draw them and as much as I believe in science and distaste religion, that is all the comfort I need. I know they aren't real, they just give me something to think about and my idea of 'Heaven' is my own. I don't need someone telling me it has pearly gates or virgins or any shit like that. They follow and believe a book, fanatically, that contradicts itself a million times and then try and push it on others, fuck 'em. (I will add this is a vocal minority, but it's the vocal ones who make everyone else look bad.)

Sorry, had a preacher at my door earlier.

CaptainMarvelous

May 9, 2012
Going on topic, since we seem to have got derailed into a "I believe in God" "I don't believe in God" smug-off,

When he says 'Ain't no Homo goin to Heaven' does that include Sapiens?