Ain't no homo gonna make it to heaven

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Regnes said:
Aprilgold said:
Regnes said:
I think the kid's right about that, no homos will ever set foot in Heaven. Though, I don't think anybody in this world is going to Heaven either, so it's cool.
Yeah, because we have suffered from the sins of wearing mixed cloths and cutting our hair, were fucking boned man.. BONED!!
I was more getting at the fact that there is no Heaven, so nobody is going regardless.
Then why do people believe in it huh, tough guy? If there exists no heaven nor hell how do you know. Irregardless of what you may think and my atheist belief aside, we have no proof of what happens when you die. "That can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" works for both of us.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
Mark 12:30-31

New International Version (NIV)

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'[a] 31 The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Chalacachaca

May 15, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
Religion on its own, isn't a bad thing.

Stupid people who use religion as a shield is what sucks.

If there was no religion, morons would find some other following to get behind to voice their bigoted views.
My thoughts exactly, and sometimes it doesn't end up with kids singing homophobic song, but rather holding assault rifles for the "revolution".

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
That is truly sad. I see a room full of closet homosexuals. I will cheer for them the day they finally come out and accept themselves for the fabulous people they are.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
Regnes said:
Aprilgold said:
Then why do people believe in it huh, tough guy? If there exists no heaven nor hell how do you know. Irregardless of what you may think and my atheist belief aside, we have no proof of what happens when you die. "That can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" works for both of us.
I know it to be fact because God spoke to me, he directed me to the sacred tablets sold in isle seven at Home Depot. These new scriptures revealed that there is no Heaven, instead those who are deemed to be cool enough are allowed to go to God's special bowling alley on Tuesday nights. Only Tuesdays though, other than that we just stay dead, alive one day a week, bowling and stuff, God seems like a pretty cool guy.
Really? I talked to him while he was drunk and he let it spell that he eats babies of people who gave birth to them.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
[

Let me clear this up...

You are saying that racism, sexism, and homophobia have their valid points? Is this correct?

Please explain what any of them could possibly be, this should be entertaining.
No, I am saying that it's not entirely that catagory. You have chosen to put it there, but that's on you, not the situation itself.

That's the last thing I'm going to say in regards to this. If your curious, go check out what he other side has to say with an open mind, but I doubt you will. The truth is somewhere between there and your current position as far as I'm concerned.

I am not going to be baited into actually argueing the issue of gay rights, no matter how off handedly. Indeed I've been very careful in what I've said to avoid that. What's more my point has kind of been made by the responses I've received, since this was all about an ongoing deadlock, and backlash. There are people just as fanatical on the other side, who if I said the same thing and referred them to people like you, I'd get the same basic response and attempts to turn it into a fight on the subject rather than just taking it as an explanation of why the conflict exists. As long as people like you on this side, and people like them on the others keep it up, it's going to be an endless cycle and nothing will be resolved.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
You cant raelly call it child abuse. Every parent or realy any figure around children for extended periods of time teaches them stereotypes and instills some kinda bigoted view. Doesnt make it right, of course.

Simonoly

Oct 17, 2011
Oh so that's how you ruin your child's life. Some incredible parenting skills there.

Joel Bridge

Feb 26, 2012
This make me think of my aunt who both a very openly gay tomboy/woman, and very christian with not even little bit of guilt or shame for her sexuality.

She put her faith in the message not organization.

Kashrlyyk

Dec 30, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
You are wrong it is a bad thing. Or are you now trying to tell me that people believing so strongly that they pray for their child while it is dying from Diabetes is not a problem of religion?

But then again, you never defined what you mean with "religion".

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Buretsu said:
Therumancer said:
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
[

Let me clear this up...

You are saying that racism, sexism, and homophobia have their valid points? Is this correct?

Please explain what any of them could possibly be, this should be entertaining.
No, I am saying that it's not entirely that catagory. You have chosen to put it there, but that's on you, not the situation itself.

That's the last thing I'm going to say in regards to this. If your curious, go check out what he other side has to say with an open mind, but I doubt you will. The truth is somewhere between there and your current position as far as I'm concerned.

I am not going to be baited into actually argueing the issue of gay rights, no matter how off handedly. Indeed I've been very careful in what I've said to avoid that. What's more my point has kind of been made by the responses I've received, since this was all about an ongoing deadlock, and backlash. There are people just as fanatical on the other side, who if I said the same thing and referred them to people like you, I'd get the same basic response and attempts to turn it into a fight on the subject rather than just taking it as an explanation of why the conflict exists. As long as people like you on this side, and people like them on the others keep it up, it's going to be an endless cycle and nothing will be resolved.
I think I found the definitive list of reasons why gay people should not be allowed to marry.

1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.
2. Heterosexual marriages are valid becasue they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.
3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.
6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.
7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire counrty. That's why we have only one religion in America.
8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
10. Children can never suceed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or longer lifespans.
12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "seperate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Seperate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as seperate marriages for gays and lesbians will.

These are literally the best reasons I've seen given as to why gay people shouldn't be allowed to marry.
I see what you did there. Unfortunately I cannot find the video on YouTube anymore.

bat32391

Oct 19, 2011
HigherTomorrow said:
bat32391 said:
I didn't know Ice Cream and Cake people wrote the bible! You learn something new everyday.
Desert: A dry, barren area of land, esp. one covered with sand.
Dessert: The sweet course eaten at the end of a meal.

Remember, dessert has two s's because it's sweeter than a desert ;)
I know I just couldn't resist making the joke.

Syzygy23

Sep 20, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:

Stupid people who use religion as a shield is what sucks.

If there was no religion, morons would find some other following to get behind to voice their bigoted views.
Remember when science told us the best thing for someone with a bump on their head was to coat them in leeches and then lock them away in a cramped room full of insane pants-shitting hoboes and serial rapists AKA an Asylum?

Man, we TOTALLY missed out on the Victorian period. If we ever had a problem with someone, all we had to do was give them a bump on the head and claim they were "possessed by foul spirits and bad humours." and BAM! Problem solved.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
targren said:
gigastar said:
Even atheism is a religion of a sort, though one propped by a common disbelief.
Atheism is a religion in the same way that not collecting stamps is a hobby.
Whether you want to actually define atheism as a religion or not is a matter of semantics. It doesn't change the fact that the core atheist belief is a religious one.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Therumancer said:
Lieju said:
Therumancer said:
TheYellowCellPhone said:
I could slew around a few quotes, like Napoleon's "Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich," but I don't think it would fit the given context. Plus, people get mad.

Whyyyyy the sudden influx of homophobes though? I swear it wasn't this bad a few years ago.
Backlash. The very usage of terms like "homophobe" explains exactly why your seeing some major responses from the other direction. Basically it's an issue that has the US divided roughly 50-50, for a lot of differant reasons. The pro-gay movement has been increasingly offensive, belligerant, and unwilling to even consider the anti-gay side of things.
I'd be interested to know what kind of people you consider 'pro-gay' exactly...

There certainly are some nutjob gay-activists who want more than equal rights, but the same could be said about any issue, and the nutjobs aren't really representative of the movement.

What I want, is equal rights, and that no-one is persecuted for being gay, bi, or straight.
Why should I even consider that someone should be?

Such a discussion will derail the thread so I'm not going to say much more about it. The thing is that your position by it's nature is all or nothing, don't be surprised when facing a counter point that is exactly the same way from the other direction, and treats all of your sources and your very position with the same degree of scorn that things continue endlessly and keep moving back and forth with relative levels of opposition.

Neither side wants a middle ground, to the pro-gay movement and anti-gay movement it's anathema, however I believe that like with most issues that's where an eventual resolution lies.

As I know from experience, if I was to bother to present such a middle ground, I'd have all the liberals on this site attack me as some kind of bigot. If I went to a site with a more conservative prescence and said the same thing I'd be attacked as some kind of new age hippy who is probably a closeted gay, so I increasingly don't bother. The uncompromising exteremists on both sides can fight back and forth until they begin to realize it's pointless. Neither side is going to win in any meaningful fashion as things stand now.
Here's the mistake you make. You are talking about the extreme sides of both spectrums, and of course, as with any subject, if you phrase the question with examples that are both totally insane, the right course of action would be in the middle, and you can pretend to be all morally superior because you are smart enough to realise being an extremist nutjob is a bad thing.

However, this misrepresents the issue, and the statistics you yourself referenced.

US is not divided 50-50 to people who want to kill all the gay people and flamboyant gays who despise heterosexuals and think they are superior.

The statistic refers to people who either think that gays should have equal rights, or do not.

Think of how the African-American Civil Rights Movement influenced US; there certainly were nutjobs on both sides, but do you think the correct response would have been 'let's give the blacks some rights, and try to see things from the racist perspective'?

Also,
Therumancer said:
As I know from experience, if I was to bother to present such a middle ground, I'd have all the liberals on this site attack me as some kind of bigot. If I went to a site with a more conservative prescence and said the same thing I'd be attacked as some kind of new age hippy who is probably a closeted gay, so I increasingly don't bother. The uncompromising exteremists on both sides can fight back and forth until they begin to realize it's pointless. Neither side is going to win in any meaningful fashion as things stand now.
Considering you weren't even willing to tell me what you consider those 'two sides' to be, it seems to me you you just want to pretend you represent sanity in between two crazy warring factions.

I might be wrong, but given how you are not ready to defend your position or even define it...

If you didn't want to be a part of discussion like this, you shouldn't have commented on a thread like this.

As far as I'm concerned, I want a world where gays and straight people and bisexuals have equal rights, and I'm not going to settle to some middle ground of 'let's oppress gays, but just do it a bit'.