Alien asks you to prove humanity is worth saving

Furyaki12

Jul 20, 2009
As some others have stated, it'd be kind of hard to prove we're worth saving if we don't know what qualities the aliens find redeeming or appreciable.

"Look at all the acts of generosity and altruism we've accomplished! *gentle, loving sigh*"
Maybe they consider this weakness, or they endorse some kind of extreme "survival of the fittest" mentality.

"Well, look at all the acts of destruction, apathy, and genocide we've committed! *growl, followed by biting the face of a nearby woodland critter*"
Maybe that would convince them to wipe the lot of us out before we spread.

"WE HAVE BACON!"
Maybe they can absorb vital nutrients through some sort of particle conversion (wow, I couldn't keep a straight face typing this) and have evolved past "taste". That, or they're species-wide vegetarians.

Because I have no idea what they consider moral, if such a concept exists to them, I probably wouldn't try to argue that they aren't in a position to pass judgment. I'd probably just mumble the "I don't know" sound and ask to phone home.

Gudrests

Mar 29, 2010
CaptainTrilby said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVa_4UOvb-g&feature=related This man. This man right here is proof that humanity is worth saving. THE VOICE THAT COULD IMPREGNATE GOD HIMSELF through its SHEER LOUDNESS.
This is not avaliable in my country.....If the alien's land in America...YOU DOOMED US ALL

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
I'd say "We make good slaves..."

Following that would be the entire doom of the universe as we'd spread like a fire after mass slavery sent out into several pockets of the universe, with pollution, over-population and destructive nature as our primary tools.

I believe there was a book about such a scenario... Can't make out which one though.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Create a superfly can tell the difference between glass and a open window, and an off-switch for children, then sue for peace and open trade agreements.

Filiecs

May 24, 2011
I'd show them all the seasons of Dr. Who and convice them that they are historical films. Then I'd ask them if they REALLY wanted to blow up Earth.

syth0000

Mar 10, 2010
Worgen said:
pretty much the only things we can do that prove any kind of worth are art and music
what he said. Cause everything else will just condemn us faster. " Personally I would just say F-it we suck and are the only species that technically has no actual natural habitat on earth in the first place"

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Hard to say. I'd probably show them all the good things humanity has done...

...Though maybe I could ask them to vaporise certain people...

ramboondiea

Oct 11, 2010
if they came face to face(or whatever their equivalent is) and asked me, i would stab them in the head and shout tenacity

BlindChance

Librarian
Sep 8, 2009
I'd point out that we'd grown.

There once was a point where the wiping out of a species would be something we'd not bat an eyelid at. But these days, there are organizations and policies dedicated to keeping every species alive. We see it as a sign of our growing enlightenment as a species.

Therefore, if we are less enlightened than this alien species, surely we too should be kept alive, under these same principles of enlightenment.

And, if we are more enlightened, then shouldn't they reconsider the idea of wiping us out?

let's rock

Jun 15, 2011
I honestly can't think of a good reason. Maby "You'll piss off chuck norris if you do" , but that's really it, I can't find another reason

illas

RAWR!!!
Apr 4, 2010
Play them the album "Takk" by Sigur Rós.
Problem solved. You're welcome, Earth.