"And you call yourself a gamer?!"

Dan Steele

Jul 30, 2010
You dont play PC and you call yourself a gamer?

Not all PC gamers are like this fortunatly, only a minority of them are elitist pricks.

Tsaba

reconnoiter
Oct 6, 2009
Torrasque said:
You don't like Baseball? And you call yourself an American?
..... what? Fuck baseball, seriously, it's a boring ass sport to watch.

OT: You don't play Call of Duty and you call yourself a gamer?

I have been called out on that one, there was an interesting conversation that followed.

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
Torrasque said:
Thats like kids these days that say they are Pokemon fans, but have only played Gen 3+.
Or worse yet, have only played Black and White >.>
Hey now, Black and White are excellent examples of pokemon games and it's likely that if you played them you'd be a fan of the others upon playing them. In fact Black and White make significant improvements on some of the other games in the series.

OT: I agree with those who have recieved hate for not playing CoD or BlOps. People seem to irrationally believe that these are the only games worth playing to be released in the past year.

Also, you don't like Portal and you call yourself a gamer?

TheEndlessSleep

Sep 1, 2010
You don't play COD...
and you call yourself a gamer?!

NO! Shut up! I will not have this; FPSs are not the only kind of gaming! Foolish mortal!

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
"You play Halo?" (To be fair, they never actually said, "and you call yourself a gamer?" but the look they were giving me implied a lot worse.)

I swear I'll never figure out some peoples' prejudice against that game; even the worst parts of it are just a sort of average. Not great if it's not your thing, but there's nothing truly terrible about it.

Tjebbe

Jul 2, 2008
Eleuthera said:
Tjebbe said:
Heh, the first thing I thought of was 'You play on a PC, and' :)

Maybe not age then, but I've owned an Amiga, Commodore, Game boy and NES and never were they more then a toy, gaming on the PC however is a real hobby and therefore I'm a 'gamer' on the PC and I might 'play games' on a console.

No offense to any console 'gamers' of course :)
None taken, I also wouldn't call myself a gamer anyway :)

I prefer my consoles, others their PC(s). Nothing wrong with either.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
manythings said:
You're Irish, I bet you're drunk!

The most annoying part is that people say it as if they are the first person to say it and then get pissy when I use phrases like "Go fuck yourself!" as if I should be happy that they are foisting a stereotype on me.

On the Gamer side of things I never call myself I gamer and anyone who decides that you have to have done things to be a gamer is just someone who wants to make a group where they are important and can exclude others of insufficient purity.
Ninja'd!

And mother of GOD, I hate that one with every fibre of my being.
Rude bastards.

soes757

Jan 24, 2011
Layzor said:
I have an acquaintance that calls herself a "Fallout Girl", t-shirts and everything. Only played 3 and New Vegas.
We must force Fallout upon her...Now...

I have never said the word gamer in that context...or anyone that suggests I or someone else is one...
But....You don't spend your entire life in your room playing World Of Warcraft? And you call yourself a gamer?

Squishfield

Jan 22, 2010
Torrasque said:
Squishfield said:
I had to explain what a magic bar was to someone doing a degree in video game development.

No joke.
=|
That is seriously disappointing.
Its like explaining what "hp" stands for.
I gave every explanation I could, MP, Mana, Magic, that blue/green bar under your health and he just didn't know what it was.

Turns out he only really played FPS games and anything set in space.

No_Remainders

Sep 11, 2009
Layzor said:
I have an acquaintance that calls herself a "Fallout Girl", t-shirts and everything. Only played 3 and New Vegas.
Well she can fuck off and stop being an idiot.

OT: "You don't like Inception? AND YOU CALL YOURSELF A MOVIE FAN?"

Can't think of any for games that haven't already been mentioned.

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
I don't tend to use that kind of phrase although I do get annoyed with people who've played games like Bioshock and rave on about it but haven't played the superior predecessors, in this case, System Shock and System Shock 2.

This is one I'd gladly use: 'You can only name 3 Doctor Who actors and you call yourself a Doctor Who fan?'

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Sigma Van Lockheart said:
You think X-blades has a good story and lovable characters and you call yourself a gamer.
I kinda have to agree with that.
OT: You own a wii, and you call yourself a gamer?

Nicholas Woodruff

Cynical Cynic
Jan 2, 2011
Cheesus333 said:
I've been pretty much disowned from my family name for not liking cream ¬¬

It's just thick milk! And you know what? I'm not mad about milk either!

Captcha: 'marry me'

Whoah there captcha, I know you don't like cream either, but let's take things slow, m'kay?

EDIT: Whoopsie, forgot the gamer thing...

I've heard condescending remarks based on my reluctance to buy BlOps, sure, but I guess everyone who didn't buy it has too.
I bought CoD: BlOps, played through the campaign, did zombies for a few hours, than traded it in for Pokemon, and boast that fact to EVERYONE.
I do not regret my decision.

Kurt Horsting

Jul 3, 2008
What got me this response was that I have not played any of the Legend of Zelda games. Ever. In my defense, I did not have a Nintendo console my entire life. Even though I'm a tournament player in multiple titles, and have played hundreds of games throughout my life, this is the one I get the most flak for.

s0p0g

Aug 24, 2009
a turkish friend of mine is - lo and behold - NOT a religious muslim

so one might say: you're not a muslim? and you call yourself a turk??

that's stupid; it's about the same as: "you're not a christian? and you call yourself a [insert generic western industrial country here] compatriot?