Apple Patents New "Anti-Sexting" Technology

Darzen

Aug 27, 2009
*Ring ring ring*
"Hi jenny it's me jeff"
"Hey jeff...wait why aren't you sexting me?"
"My parents set up a blocker on my phone so we can't sext each other without them aproving the messages."
"That sucks. why don't you come over here and we could "Talk" about it."
"Sure jenny i ove "Talking" with you at your house."
" You could help me study the Trojan war"
"OK i'll be there in a bit."

Gee texting sure is the problem isn't it?it's not like Phones serve any other purposes.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Looks like the kids are going to have to stick to good old fashion webcams and chat rooms.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
What's more disturbing, is that teens that sext one another are being thrown onto the sex offender registry

http://www.gadgetell.com/tech/comment/sexting-can-label-your-teen-a-sex-offender/

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
ShadowKirby said:
The thing is though, they are only making it because there is a demand for it. I wouldn't put all the blame on Apple.

But you know what, I'm okay with this. It will create a flow of new euphemism for sex.

The monster with two backs...

that's not new shakespeare called it that in the 1500's

Substance-E

Sep 28, 2010
I wonder how many people in this thread shitting a brick are of the age where what their parents think isn't much of an issue anymore?

This isn't some doomsday Big Brother takeover, it's the V chip for texts. A tool for parents to voluntarily dictate how the service they pay for is being used. Don't like it? Get a job and pay for your own phone.

MikailCaboose

Jun 16, 2009
So we'll just get the same problem of people finding a work-around for this situation. When slang gets banned, just make more slang!

Miles Tormani

Jul 30, 2008
Please. There's a simple solution to this.

I doubt the filter will catch any dirty language in Al Bhed [http://www.pixelscapes.com/twoflower/albhed.html].

Nosense

May 24, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
We are Apple. Clean up your messages and surrender your rights. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
You sir are made of Win, take the week off!

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
olikunmissile said:
Fuck. That.

Too far.

The resistance starts here, WHO'S WITH ME?
Fighting a corporation? I'm down.

OT:

Seriously though, I can say with all assuredness now that apple is terrible. They have no product that I know of that does not have a vastly superior counterpart made by a different company. In addition, this innovation is idiotic.

edit

Miles Tormani said:
Please. There's a simple solution to this.

I doubt the filter will catch any dirty language in Al Bhed [http://www.pixelscapes.com/twoflower/albhed.html].
Welcome aboard mate. Here's your badge:

Lesd3vil

Oct 11, 2010
I can understand the idea of 'protecting' a child from inappropriate things. But with children, saying 'you can't do this' just makes them want to do it more.

When will these 'responsible adults' learn this? You make a big deal out of something, kids make a big deal out of it too. This is a big reason there's such a huge booze and sex culture among teenagers...

breadlord

Apr 21, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
We are Apple. Clean up your messages and surrender your rights. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
Sounds a wee bit more like Google. Not to start a flame war, but Google does support Net Neutrality. (With Verizon.)

The Random One

May 29, 2008
In a perfect world teenagers would step around it by sexting in Victorian prose.

'Verily I hold thy bosoms firmly and staunchily press them against the lustful volume arising in my loins :-D'