Are you single or not ?

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
Currently single, though going through a rather...interesting patch.

Might end up me getting back with an ex. My head is telling me that's a bad idea, but my heart is demanding it happen. So no idea how it'll go.

cleric of the order

Sep 13, 2010
Extra-Ordinary said:
Sure, why not?
Twenty years old, never been in a relationship. Had a crush when I was eighteen, asked her out, she said no. There's my romantic history, look on my works ye mighty and despair.
I still have this Hollywood romance notion in my head that I'll one day find the one, I know there's no reason why it *has* to happen but hey, a guy can dream.
I am sort of scared that you managed to summarize my status in your post.
That would have been more or less what I would have said.

Nimcha

Dec 6, 2010
Souther Thorn said:
No, I am most certainly not single.
Wife, two girlfriends and a boyfriend. Lovely poly-cule we've got :)
That's pretty awesome!

My relationship is long distance temporarily, and in the meantime I've made two friends-with-benefits deals. We'll see how that works out when she gets back. :p

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
Been in a relationship for 8 months now. We met through a mutual friend... then some interesting shit went down and the mutual friend is no longer a mutual friend, but it's worked fine between us. :)

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
21 right now, and still dating the girl I met in my sophomore year at high school. That was about, five or six years ago? We are both pretty introverted, and the only reason we ever got together at all is because a mutual friend hooked us up out of the blue. I had seen her before, and was even in the same class as her, but we had never even so much as spoken to each other before. We were basically strangers. To this day I am baffled by how such a silly, random idea changed my life to the extent it has. She is my first and hopefully only girlfriend, as well as my best friend in general. I think she's "The One."

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Been with the same girl for...nine years now? Somewhere in there. 9-10 years.

I wish I could do an "it gets better" for all the 20-something singles in the thread. 20's were tough. A lot of dating around, a lot of BAD dates and missed connections and poor fits and rejection. It was pretty demoralizing. Things sorted out a bit as I got older. I got less desperate, more confident. People stopped swinging for the fences with every relationship and learned to value different things than they did in their twenties. It'll be your time to shine, introverts!

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
Been happily single since my last relationship and have no plans to change that anytime soon. I've seen too many of my friends completely changed into hermits when they got into a relationship and realised by a douche I was when I had my last boyfriend so I'd rather not turn back into that. That's not to say if the right guy comes along I won't give it shot I'm just not interested in casual dating.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011
Unless you count long-distance relationships, I've been single my entire life.

Last time I was in a long-distance relationship was years ago, though.

Feraswondervahnn

Jul 15, 2010
Been Single about three years I think. Wouldn't have it any other way ha ha. I just don't particularly like relationships, but every couple of years I meet someone worth giving it a go with.

fluffybunny937

Jul 5, 2009
I have a girlfriend. I'm afraid she might break up with me though. It'd hurt but I understand why she would. She's the first girl I've ever dated, and she's done plenty of dating in the past. The difference in experience is a hurdle sometimes and, to be honest, I'm not very good looking (Or any good looking for that matter).

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
Where's the ****ing poll???

Anyway, I'm single.

CAPTCHA : charm offensive. What does that mean?

Pete Oddly

Nov 19, 2009
Single and hating it. I only seem to attract the romantic interests of women who are completely off their nut.

Azure23

Nov 5, 2012
Currently in the second year of cohabitation with my high school sweetheart/fiancé, we've been together for over four years now, and I proposed a year and a half ago next week. Before her none of my relationships were really emotionally serious, we just had fun together until one of us couldn't stand the other anymore and broke it off. Glad to have found something serious and long term.

We just moved to New Orleans together so she could better pursue her public health degree (my baby's gonna work at the CDC!) and it works for me too since I majored in culinary arts. All in all things are going really great, also we have a fucking awesome cat.

Oct 10, 2011
An excuse to rant about my boyfriend? Yes please!

So I'm 18, and I entered my first relationship a little over a month ago. I knew him for a whopping two days before we decided to be boyfriends, so I guess you could call it love at first sight. We have similar tastes in video games, music, and movies/TV (although I rarely watch TV), our personalities seem to be the perfect compliments to each other, and we both happen to like guys (Which is kind of a requirement for a gay couple I know, but I needed a third thing to say and my mind blanked).

Anyway, we're pretty much the happiest couple EVER!!! And don't you dare tell me that this will end badly since it's my first time and we've only been together a month! I don't care if I'm naive!

Someone Depressing

Jan 16, 2011
Single. It's not that bad, really. It gives you plenty of time to think about why you're single other than the fact that you look like a bag of scowling potatoes learn how to cook and do jigsaws and shit.

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll always be alone. I'll be found dead, having passed away several years earlier, now one with the carpet as I will remain nothing but a stagnating patch of mildew.