Arm is getting useless!?

Vladamir69

Dec 18, 2008
Well i recommend doing some research. if there is over a 50% death rate for these things then dial 911.

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
InnerRebellion said:
's fault. He was assigned to be the chaperon for the senior trip to D.C, and our school thought since we're his top honors class, we could handle running it ourselves. We didn't think the spider would be a problem.
Yeah, one of the most poisonous spiders in the world, PAS DE PROBLEME. What's the point of having a chaperon if he's clueless?

ezeroast

Jan 25, 2009
bah don't worry about it, you have another arm right? I never understood why people even need 2.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009

That's a mean looking spider, I could totally picture it poping a cap in my ass, not to say poison the hell out of me if i look the other way.
Also for what i read on wikipedia, the venom is a sneaky bastard cause it doesn't have any symptoms for a while.

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
Why the fuck would you ask something like this on a forum?! If my arm was going numb I'd be out the door and going to a hospital or dialing 911 because seriously that didn't sound good.

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
InnerRebellion said:
Soulgaunt said:
And you're telling a bunch of people on an internet forum?
Unless your doctor is an Escapist, then I don't think that's the best choice of action. I suggest you go to a hospital.
I'm home alone and 14. No way I can get anywhere.
Call an adult and have them drive you. A Brown Recluse bite is plenty serious enough for that.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
If you take the medication the spider won, be a man and fight the spider again.

Rawker

Jun 24, 2009
"Oh my Science! I've been bitten by a spider! Quick, to the forums!" Stop. Can you see what he did wrong here?

TheTurtleMan

Mar 2, 2010
Don't know if this might be a bad time but have you ever heard of a thing called the "stranger"? It would be perfect for your situation and you are a teenager.

Hurray Forums

Jun 4, 2008
You're lucky you managed to get to an online forum so quickly, it saved your life. A lot of bite victims don't manage to find a computer with internet in time and die horrible, painful deaths. One of my friends went to the hospital for his bite but he didn't make it cause the doctors couldn't find a laptop they could bring to his hospital bed in time. If only GameFAQs had been there to save him *bursts into tears*.

nmacleod14

Sep 23, 2009
I know someone who had their leg amputated because of a brown recluse bite. Hit up your doctor

Hashime

Jan 13, 2010
I thought you were talking about "Arm", the processor and IC manufacturer.
You should go to a doctor.

major28

Feb 25, 2010
zombiesinc said:
InnerRebellion said:
Owyn_Merrilin said:
InnerRebellion said:
Turns out I was bitten by the brown recluse in my Biology classroom.
They had a Brown Recluse in your biology room? You're lucky you got to the hospital. Seriously, those things are dangerous.
Well yeah. We captured it while exploring the woods behind the school and we've been raising it.
Shame on your teacher! Seriously...
could honestly not agree more it some what boggles my mind that a teacher (an 8th grade science teacher none the less which is biology if ur school takes the same classes as mine) would allow something dangerous in a class room but then to for the school to say hey we could probably let a bunch of 14 years olds near it what could go wrong i am a little disgusted and hope you bring it up with some one

Timeslament

Mar 30, 2010
Brown Recluse's bites can be dangerous. The damaged tissue can become gangrenous and eventually slough away. The initial bite frequently cannot be felt and there may be no pain, but over time the wound may grow to as large as 25 cm (10 inches) in extreme cases. Bites usually become painful and itchy within 2 to 8 hours; pain and other local effects worsen 12 to 36 hours after the bite with the necrosis developing over the next few days.

major28

Feb 25, 2010
ok independent research i got this from brownreclusespider.org so it is legit. copy and paste

Unattended brown recluse bite The symptom caused by the bite of the Brown Recluse Spider varies according to the age of the victim.

The bites are usually more dangerous in kids, young adults and third age people.
The symptoms are also conditioned by the standard of life, thus being more severe in poorly fed people.
At first, the bite appears in the area is swollen all around the bite.
This area expands, changes to red and the skin appears to harden. The victim shows other symptoms such as fever, shivering, nausea and vomits.

Eventually, the injury grows to an ulcer. The ulcer has a dry bottom, blue or gray borders, and a red erythematous area in the periphery.

?It measures between 1 1/2 to 2 3/4 inches. It causes pain and is generally deep.
?Healing takes months and leaves scars on the surface of the skin.
?Sometimes surgery is required in order to extract the necrotic tissue and plastic surgery helps to disguise the scar.