Assault Rifle you would use to defend a woman you like

II2

Mar 13, 2010
dahmerszombies said:

C7A2 all the way
I'm feelin' that.

But truthfully, though not assault rifles, defending my girl would probably be done with by one of these:

Remington 870 12g Pump Shotgun

Popular .44 Magnum Lever Action Carbine Model

Glock 26 9mm

Neo10101

Sep 7, 2009
Probably an AK-47, pretty accurate, large enough clip to get the job done, and if I want a gun that will never jam, and if I'm protecting my woman I don't want it to jam, Ill use an AK-47.

maturin

Jul 20, 2010
jigilojoe said:
maturin said:
Assault Rifle you would use to defend a woman you like
Why has no one remarked on the sheer, blinding... I don't know... idiocy? hilarity? of this little phrase?
I'm fairly sure most people are just sitting this one out purely because of that sentence, how it's gotten over 5 pages of responses is beyond me
It's really rich. It's the old "I must protect my family!" cliche, but with the amusing specificity of the assault rifle thrown in (that everyone is ignoring anyway), and "the woman I love!" is replaced by the toothless "woman I like." Can she include my 7th grade history teacher please? She took us on good field trips.

And all you AK-74 users, wear your damn ear plugs or you'll regret it.

crono738

Sep 4, 2008
Nouw said:
zen5887 said:
I'm a real man, I fight with my fists.
/thread.

I will walk up to the problem with a BFG9000 and smash it's face!

Sacman said:
Sgt. Sykes said:
Sacman said:
This will do just fine...<.<
What is that? Losely reminds me of Famas.
I dunno I typed in crazy assault rifle and this came up...
Says Concept Art in URL so must be from a game or a movie. Place your bets! I says Modern Sci-Fi-ish so maybe District 9. The placing of the ammo looks a bit unreliable though...
Think its the Helghast assault rifle from killzone 1 and 2...could be wrong.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
I don't know enough about assault rifles to make an informed choice, but if life is anywhere near CS:S, I'll go M16 (or Famas) :)

But with the kickback, I'd probably accidendly shoot the gf, so it may be safer I stay far away from any gun. :D

MadMechanic

Nov 6, 2009
I find the set up odd, and amusing, but I'll play along with the 'gun I like' thread:

Anything from the SA80 family (obviously A2) Specifically a trusty L86 LSW/DMR - shorter than your standard M16, but with a longer barrel (than the M16, and L85).
Nice, solid, reliable, heavy. Accurate. Looks wonderful and prettyful (yes, that is a word) Kickback isn't too bad, and it makes a fairly nice pop-crack sound.

Failing that, SA80-L22A2 carbine. Same as above, but very shorter and easy to move around.

arbiter592

Jun 1, 2010
Nouw said:
zen5887 said:
I'm a real man, I fight with my fists.
/thread.

I will walk up to the problem with a BFG9000 and smash it's face!

Sacman said:
Sgt. Sykes said:
Sacman said:
This will do just fine...<.<
What is that? Losely reminds me of Famas.
I dunno I typed in crazy assault rifle and this came up...
Says Concept Art in URL so must be from a game or a movie. Place your bets! I says Modern Sci-Fi-ish so maybe District 9. The placing of the ammo looks a bit unreliable though...
It kind of looks like the Helghast assault rifle from Killzone 1

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
gmacarthur81 said:
First off.... what is that customized around? Is it even a real usable rifle? I would totally buy that kit.
Lol no, It's just a prop made by Harrison Krix otherwise known on the interwebz as:
"The God of Prop".....actually no one says that. But He's a mighty fine prop-maker; an artist if ever i saw one.

and because i'm nice(and it was still in my browser history), here's a link:
http://volpinprops.blogspot.com/2010/08/mass-effect-m8-avenger-assault-rifle.html

Also check out his Light Sabers and Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device.

YuriRuler90

Mar 3, 2010
The good old M16A4. I've logged an insane amount of time carrying that rifle around and I can hit anything within 500 yards easily.

spartan231490

Jan 14, 2010
I'd go with Scar H for an assault rifle, lots of stopping power. If I could choose any weapon it would be between the AA12 with a drum mag or the remington ultramag pump action rifle, depending on range.