Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

bombadilillo

Jan 25, 2011
Jakub324 said:
Fallout 3's (Broken Steel) ending was a bit weird. I got criticised because I got Charon to do it.
I was just pissed because I had Fawkes with me and he refused to do it saying it was my destiny or some such nonsense. That was a poor choice. How hard would it have been to serperate your companion from you before that point so you are literaly standing next to something immune to rads that can press the damn button.

Polite Sage

Feb 22, 2011
The Longest Journey - Best story in a point'n'click game, but the gameplay/puzzles themselves are just stupid compared to other games of it's genre.

Demon's Souls - very unbalanced PvP

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - The best JRPG I've played gameplay wise, but horrible story.

Touhou - Oh god my eyes!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Okami.

I fucking love that game to death, but the platforming was ghastly.

It also went on for too long. That final section in the snowy mountains felt totally unnecessary.

Totenkopf

Mar 2, 2010
Halo 2: Where did the assault rifle go?

Halo 3: Oh it came back... with a mag that contains only 32 bullets instead of 60 now...
UNSC weapon technology... why do you go backwards instead of forwards...?

STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Oh, my gun broke... after firing the immense amounts of only ten bullets... Great!
This is rather contraproductive in terms of creating a "real" feeling atmosphere, you know.

Davroth

The shadow remains cast!
Apr 27, 2011
Eternal Darkness.

Why do you expect from me to play you 3 times and only marginally change at all? The third time feels like such a chore. and the payoff is almost not worth the time.

TheKruzdawg

Apr 28, 2010
CrazyJuan77 said:
Wait, are you saying you had an issue with using the bumpers to change weaps, and using the TRIGGERS to fire them??
If he's referring to a Playstation controller setup, than I completely agree with him. I never liked having to use the R2 or L2 buttons to fire. R1 always felt more comfortable. On the Xbox, however, I agree that using the triggers feels more natural than the bumpers.

Apr 15, 2009
Diablo II
Act 3 was much worse than the rest of the acts, thats why me and most everyone else skipped it all the time

T3H-F1GM3NT

Aug 6, 2009
The Legend of Zelda Franchise: Ok, I love you Ganon, but just give up man. Any game where you're the villain really does seem like the same game (hence why my favorite is actually MM).

Fallout New Vegas: The fact that Honest Hearts isn't out yet XD Ok, for serious though, loading screens, the bugs (which seem to mostly be fixed), anti-climactic ending, and two fickle things: Cass's hat and Veronica's robes. Hideous things on otherwise really good(-looking) characters (in b4 PC has mods for that you console tard: I know, and if my PC could actually run high-end games I would :p)

.hack// Series: WHY MUST YOU BE SO DAMN REPETITIVE!!! I want to finish you, but I just can't cause you get so damn BORING >.<

Final Fantasy 9: The plot going completely bonkers near the end (pretty much everything after going to Terra)

GTA4: Nowhere near the customization of Niko compared to CJ in San Andreas. And pretty much the blandness of the visuals overall.

Samwise137

J. Jonah Jameson
Aug 3, 2010
Dawn of War II, I love you but why did you take away my ability to create my own chapter badges? I was so looking forward to my Space Marines of His [The Emperor's] Infernal Majesty coming out bolters blazing with giant heartagrams on their shoulder-pads.

JasonKaotic

Mar 18, 2009
Final Fantasy VIII - The game goes completely downhill on disc 4. It just becomes pretty dull, and with all the towns being closed off, you feel completely isolated, which doesn't feel too cool.
The feel of the game slightly drops after you set off for Esthar in disc 3, but it's mainly in disc 4 that it happens.

Cursed Frogurt

Aug 17, 2010
Earthbound.

My favorite game of all time but for at least one moment you need to consult the included strategy guide or just get really lucky. No game should have such a random method of progression.

mireko

Umbasa
Sep 23, 2010
LiberalSquirrel said:
On that note, and more on topic: Resonance of Fate, why the hell do you have such an extremely steep learning curve in the beginning? I mean... damn. -.-
Because the "OH GOD LOW HP" theme is awesome:

Srdjan

Mar 12, 2010
It's buggy, end goes to h&s to much and last hub is rushed out. It's Bloodlines.

Tarkinor

Mar 2, 2010
Monster Hunter: Chain stuns. The simple fact that you can be slammed back hard and lose about half your health then the monster can just kinda walk up and go "lolwhat" to your face before smacking you right back down again. When your on a really big hunt, this can be controller snappingly annoying.

Starcraft: The carriers man. They are worse than useless in multiplayer.