Be a man (Say something you hated about a game you Love)

StoneCutter

Dec 29, 2010
Bad Company 2, you know I <3 u, but if 2 really skilled guys on defense get into one of the attack choppers, its game over.

Mass Effect 2, you know I <3 u, but resource mining is like going through junk/spam mail. Everyone says to play ME2 more than once with different abilities, but the thought of mining more iridium is keeping me from that.

Halo: Reach, you know I like u, but the community is pretty crap. Most games either have quitters, afks, betrayers, or really unbalanced teams.

sazzrah

Dec 21, 2008
Sapient Pearwood said:
samblack09 said:
I agree, however from the looks of it ME3 will also be on ps3 and at least they gave us that interactive backstory thingy.
Yeah but needing to look on Google just to find out who a character is and why the game assumes I care about her is pretty poor writing.
Poor writing? Really? I know it sucks for PS3 owners (being one myself) coming to the Mass Effect series and not 'getting' every reference or understanding the relationships between all the characters, but ME2 was made long before it was released on PS3 and so those writing decisions were already made under the assumption that most players will be coming to the game after completing ME1 and importing their Shepard. The import feature being one of the big selling points of ME2, so cameos of past characters and frequent references back to events you helped to shape were pretty much a given - if ME1 was barely referenced and no returning characters made an appearance then it would make a lot of people wonder what the point was of importing at all.

It does suck, I understand you completely but I hardly think it's logical to say it's bad writing to blame since the reason you're in the dark with ME1's characters and plot is through no fault of the game itself (you can always go play ME1 and all those issues will be cleared up!) it's all the fault of who owns what and the kid-who-won't-share-his-toys-syndrome that Microsoft suffers from, as when it comes down to it, they were the ones who blocked ME1 coming to PS3.

I played ME1 and ME2 on PC and then switched to PS3 (painstakingly recreating my Shepard!) and I recommend the same to any PS3 owner who hasn't experienced ME1. You don't need a massively powerful PC to run ME1, and failing that, then I would say watch a Youtube playthrough of the game; I'm sure there are plenty and it would be worth it to be completely up to speed with the story in time for ME3 which again will likely reference events in ME1.

Rachni Queen, I'm looking at you!

Hyper-space

Nov 25, 2008
Mass Effect 2: "Calibrations", nuff' said.[sub]why don't you want to be a bro, Garrus ;_;[/sub]

Oblivions: Stop right there criminal scum *get stared down by Captain Omnipotence*

NoriYuki Sato

May 26, 2009
Mass Effect 2...The removed the RPG element entirely and turning it into a shooter, they also turned the level cap in half. Upgraded abilities, weapon changes and armor changes were brought down to a VERY bare minimum.

That being said, it is still one of my favorite series, because the story is very very indepth.

NoriYuki Sato

May 26, 2009
mananomas131 said:
Cliff Racers.
They still incite twitching rage fits with their very names.
I could not agree more. And in Borderlands they became Raaks and even MORE irritating...They just die a little fast because you have a gun.

Cliff Racers are the essence of pure unadulterated Gamer Hate.

OniYouji

Jan 4, 2011
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories. It's perhaps the perfect horror game in my opinion, save for one thing; the shadows cast by the flashlight are TERRIBLE. It's not an artistic statement or meant to invoke fear, they just look ugly. This is most notable when you are walking down the road with Michelle to the club, or you are in one of the classrooms. The wonkiness of these shadows really takes me out of an otherwise brilliant experience.

Robin-chan

Nov 18, 2009
Halo... the freaking LIBRARY. Oh my God. Also, in Halo 3, the final level as you're trying to complete it with your online friends for the achievement. It took forever because everyone thought it would be hilarious to kill each other every five seconds. Many curse words and screams of rage were exchanged that day.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
left 4 dead 2

Bad kicking system. Some people will always blame someone else for everything that goes wrong. Usually thats just somewhat annoying but now they get to kick whoever they decide to blame that day and you get no chance whatsoever to defend yourself.
Yeah sure kick me, why not? I screwed up a charger attack after all, nevermind that I did 600 damage so far and you barely 20.

Bad game finding system. When joining games in progress you end up in a team that is losing by 2000 points 9 out of 10 times. So lobbys are the only good option but they can take ages to fill up, especially when people tend to leave in waves once one of them loses his patience and leaves.
Also there is no matchmaking whatsoever. I admit curbstomping beginners is fun sometimes but it also means that usually its already VERY clear who is the better team by the end of the first round. Followed by rage of the kick and quit variety shortly after.

l4d2 is great when everyone is just being cool, especially with friends. But because of these things a complete normal game without any internet drama is a rare gem.

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Portal 2: Because that one area I'm able to put a portal on is always somewhere up in some dark corner that takes me twenty minutes to find.

Dragon Age 2: Aside from copy+pasting levels, why the hell doesn't it support DirectX 10? It does 9 and 11, but not 10. What completely arbitrary reason could they possibly have come up with for doing that?

Left 4 Dead: They made a sequel. No, seriously. Weeee, more weapons, but aside from the redneck kid, the characters are completely bland. The fat man likes food?! THAT'S HILARIOUS!! And god only knows what Nick is like because the only thing I've ever heard him say is some form of "stop shooting me" after running in front of my gun for the thousandth time.

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
Hyper-space said:
Mass Effect 2: "Calibrations", nuff' said.[sub]why don't you want to be a bro, Garrus ;_;[/sub]

Oblivions: Stop right there criminal scum *get stared down by Captain Omnipotence*
Oh god yes. I lost count of how many times one of them came running from over 6 miles away because I accidentaly hit a companion. Leave me alone you vulture! It's not my fault fighting alongside companions doesn't work for **** in this game!
Than I have to fasttravel ( no way I'm walking all the way back, suspension of disbelief be damned! ) back and he is still there. Than he takes a look at the 6 trolls i was dealing with and thinks "looks legit" and walks away. It's even worse when said companion IS a guard, they just turn around in the middle of a fight and demand 80 gold with a dead serious look.

Teh Ty

Sep 10, 2008
Super Street fighter 4. Seriously. Another release just for AE? You're Actually making us pay for it?!?! Also, why the FUCKdo scrubs who just spam fireballs and uppercuts always seem to have an advantage? They're hardly even playing the game!

Mechanix

Dec 12, 2009
Kingdom Hearts, you can't skip cutscenes. This is a huge problem, especially towards the end, where you have to battle right after 5 minute long cutscenes, and if you fail the fight, you have to watch the cutscene over again.

Uncharted 2, one of the best games I ever played, but playing through Crushing difficulty because I wanted the trophies was outrageously painful. It was so unfair how easily the enemies picked me off, got me into a corner, and if I made the smallest mistake, I was toast immediately. I'm a very calm person, but I came extremely close to throwing a controller for the first time.

LiberalSquirrel

Social Justice Squire
Jan 3, 2010
ghstman said:
LiberalSquirrel said:
ghstman said:
Infinite Undiscovery

So much fun to play! A few of the characters had really well written interactions with each other, the game was funny as hell and the combat was pretty good. Problems out the wazoo though:

-snip-
-secondary snip-
I couldn't help but laugh every time Edward did that startled grunt of his. Take a knee? Startled grunt. Get asked the time of day? Startled grunt. Stabbed in the face? Startled grunt. And every damn time it sounds like exactly the sound he would make if Aya walked in on him... ahem... "polishing his sword".

Speaking of Aya, I loved the banter and relationship between her and Cappell. So funny but yet so deep. And nothing was funnier then all the heavy hinting the game does about what the two did alone in the woods the night before the final battle. I busted out laughing when it showed the next morning and she had her head down, doing the walk of shame back through camp while Cappell was looking all smug.

Final complaint, then I put this game to bed... So many damn mechanics to learn, and they kept adding more all the way up to the end. Especially tedious was the cooking/forging/making your own stuff part. Was it useful once you figured it all out, practiced with it, and hunted down all the needed parts? Absolutely. Could you just buy the same sword at the next town and save a few hours of grinding and questing for junk parts? Yes. (Except for a few super weapons, which you totally did not need).
Haha, yes, Edward's ever-present grunt. I just figured combat was very exciting for him.

The relationship between Aya and Capell was one of the best parts of the game for me, and definitely my favorite part of the entire storyline. I'm a sucker for a well-written relationship, and finding something like that in a video game was a rather unexpected little happiness. I had a similar reaction to that lovely little scene in the woods- especially because one of my friends, who had been watching me play most of the time, chimed in with, "Don't worry, Aya! Capell still respects you in the morning!" That, coupled with the cutscene, just killed me.

Another minor complaint for me though... the AI. I mean, dammit, usually it was decent... but going through the bonus dungeon, where both of my other fighters decide to charge off at a boss rather than bring me or the healer back to life with an item... it's rather frustrating. And that happened multiple times. All with the same boss. I... just... -implodes with rage-

Er, right. To be a good gal and stay on topic... Blazblue: Calamity Trigger. Ice cars. So abuse-able. Ugh. (Yeah, I couldn't think of a major complaint for Continuum Shift, so I went with Calamity Trigger.)

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Mass Effect 2 - The story sucked donkey balls

Bioshock - Vita-Chambers robbed the game of any sort of challenge

Ninja Gaiden - It's way too fucking hard

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Beyond Good and Evil

SCREW the insta-kill lasers in the later stealth sections! And screw the racing, too!