Best quote from a game?

Hoagster51

Jun 8, 2010
'I wish I could say he died doing what he loved, but he never did take a fancy to eating human brains before...'

which coincidentially is from Red Dead.

sylekage

Dec 24, 2008
"No Renko, don't! Don't let Demichev LIVE!!"
-Singularity

It always sounds awesome when I hear it

Jason Danger Keyes

Mar 4, 2009
'Don't fuck with my family!!'
-Nico Bellic

I always got chills in the warehouse level when you're rescuing Roman from the loan sharks and Niko screams that.

hailfire

Mar 5, 2011
Masterchief: Sir, I'm finishing this fight.

lol just kidding, but seriously the best quote of all time was the easter egg where two of the marines in halo 3 had the voices of the people from RVB, and were arguing about the password to open the door between them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEvtky4vvQw

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
While not a quote, I would like to remember the option in ME2 where you could punch an annoying reporter.

Hmm... the only other one I can remember off hand is this one: "Hey, you the one killin' all the crap when people ask? The Catch-a-Ride near Fyrestone is more busted than my momma's girl parts. Really appreciate you takin' a poke at that. The uh, system, not my mom." -Scooter from Borderlands.

Scarecrow's speeches from Batman: AA are good too.

Grabbin Keelz

Jun 3, 2009
Gah, I hate being put on the spot and not remembering what my favorite 'blank' is. First thing I thought of was this.

"How long does it take to beat a moron to death....sorry, times up your dead."
Maybe not the best lines, but the scout has the best disses.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
"Women are like sunsets... they're beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow."

Skies Of Arcadia - Gilder

easternflame

Cosmic Rays of Undeadly Fire
Nov 2, 2010
I will put a shitton of Cave Johnson quotes now if you don't mind:
Hah! I like your style. You make up your own rules, just like me.

The lab boys just informed me I should have not mentioned the control group, they tell me I oughta stop making these prerecorded messages. That gave me an Idea: Make more prerecorded messages! I pay the bills here, I can talk about the control group all damn day!

I punch those numbers into my calculator and it makes a happy face.
Now MW2 (although not invented by Infinty Ward)
Victory is written by the victor

I can't think of more right now, I got more for Cave but I'm too lazy XD

Spartan448

Apr 2, 2011
"Ugh!" - Minecraft Man.

"Battle Routine, Set!" - Lan Hikari, Megaman Battle Network series
"Execute!" - Megaman, A.K.A. Megaman.exe, A.K.A. HUB, Megaman Battle Network Series

"Isn't there some sort of decency rule against this?" -Civilian, AC: Brotherhood

"QUICK JESUS, SAVE ME!!!" - Civilian in AC: B when you start a fight with guards or kill someone. (Quick Jesus, the speedier form of regular Jesus!)

"Wort Wort Wort!" -Elites, Halo: Combat Evolved

Anything from the RvB Easter Egg in Halo 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5Bt5zmJK0I

Cave Johnson's Combustable Lemons rant, Portal 2

"Do a Barrel Roll!" - StarFox 64 (surprised this one hasn't been mentioned yet)

"I hate that frog!" - Wolf O'Donnel, StarFox Command (As a direct response to the above quote)

"Tank beats EVERYTHING!" -Random Marine, Halo 3

"Were it so easy..." -The Arbiter, Halo 3

And in my opinion currently the most famous two quotes of the decade...

"Halo. It's finished." -Cortana, Halo: Combat Evolved
"No. I think it's just getting started." - Sierra - 117, Master Cheif Petty Officer John - 117
Halo: Combat Evolved

Pappytech

Invested all my Souls into Res
Jun 7, 2011
Here is the dumbest quote I have ever heard in a videogame. It occurs in "The Ball", at the very beginning, just after you have fallen down a hole into a mysterious cave. Your friend doesn't have any equipment to get you out, so he says: "Why don't you go exploring? I'll try and meet up with you later." What?

Best quote? Daveth from Dragon Age: Origins. "Hello! I'm a fellow."

sidecord

Dec 11, 2009
"President Ronnie has been kidnapped by the ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Ronnie?"
eather that or the Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron from WoW
At the bottom of the ocean even light must die
The silent, sleeping, staring houses in the backwoods always dream. It would be merciful to tear them down.
There is no sharp distinction between the real and the unreal.
Even death may die.
There is a little lamb lost in dark woods.
All places, all things have souls. All souls can be devoured.
What can change the nature of a man?
The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark.
You will all be alone in the end.
Do you dream while you sleep or is it an escape from the horrors of reality?
Look around. They will all betray you. Flee screaming into the black forest.
In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
Y'knath k'th'rygg k'yi mrr'ungha gr'mula.
The void sucks at your soul. It is content to feast slowly.
The drowned god's heart is black ice.
It is standing right behind you. Do not move. Do not breathe.
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.
In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
Open me! Open me! Open me! Then only will you know peace.
You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn.
The tortured spirits of your ancestors cling to you, screaming in silence. Apparently they are quite numerous.
The fish know all the secrets. They know the cold. They know the dark.
The giant rook watches from the dead trees. Nothing breathes beneath his shadow.
Beneath the shadow of the darkened spire, there is no light, no mercy, only void, and the chaos within.

Ca3zar416

Sep 8, 2010
"Let me go? Do humans consider conversation a sort of imprisonment?" a turian I forget the name of from Mass Effect 1. There was a bit more to the quote as well but I don't remember. Time to replay the game.

Hyderm

Jul 7, 2009
"There are two things in this world that I just can not stand! Lies and evil and lies and...BELL PEPPERS!" Bang Shishigami, BlazBlue

"Enemies of the Imperium, hear me. You have come here to die. The Immortal Emperor is with us and we are invincible. His soldiers will strike you down. His war machines will crush you under their treads. His mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you. You cannot win. The Emperor has given us his greatest weapon to wield. So make yourselves ready. We are the First Kronus Regiment, and today is our Victory Day." General Lukas Alexander, Dawn of War Dark Crusade

"I'm gonna kill Praxis!" Jak, Jak 2

"I've been given the chance to wield a power even the Precursors could not control. Don't fret. You won't live to see what I turn this little world into. Maybe a rock, or a floating puddle of slag, or nothing at all. Complete oblivion! So hard to choose." Erol, Jak 3

"Loss of blood, my only weakness" Kahn, Magicka

These come to mind when I'm thinking of quotes from some of my favorite games (except for Mass Effect 1 & 2, and Portal 1 & 2)