Best time if your life.....is in highschool?

NorthernTrooper

Apr 12, 2010
I'm a senior in high school right now and although it is plenty of fun I'm more excited for university than anything else.

Tynermeister

Feb 10, 2011
Load of bollox. I was in a boarding school as well. The only thing it taught me is that a crowd of more than 50 has an IQ of the square root of the number of people in it.

That and maths.

MorphingDragon

Apr 17, 2009
University > College (High School)

Yea its harder, but you're more free to do whatever the hell you want. Plus Booze.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
It's something I tell people. University* is great, but around the time of 13th grade (yeah, we had 13 grades in Germany) and graduation was probably the most fun and exciting time of my life so far - and I spent a year in China since.

I would not have admitted it at the time, of course, because of all the little stressful things you get to deal with, but honestly - relationship stuff, partying 'til 6 AM, acing exams without studying at all - in retrospect, that was F U N. I did enjoy that time, plus, I got to live on my parents' bank account, without having to worry too much about money. Went out to town one evening? One parent or another gave me 50 bucks to spend. And boy, did I spend them.

Just before graduation, I got together with my current girlfriend (that was 3 and a half years ago), and then went off to university, at which point my daily life got cluttered up with a huge amount of chores you just need to do when trying to survive living alone. Like, grocery shopping.

Sure, there were fun times in university as well, but I think that last year of high school beats most of them.

*- also, as someone growing up in a different educational system: what's the difference between "University" and "College"?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Vault101 said:
This is more of a question

were you ever told...In highschool that this would be the "best time of your life"? if not when were you told the best time of your life would be?

and I mean seriously highschool??? what blatant lies! I imagine unlike most people here I didnt find highschool particually unbearibly horrible but I certainly didnt enjoy it all that much and it was NOT the best time of my life

also I was in boarding school which may have had somthing to do with it (no matter how good it is living in any institution gets to you after a while)

in fact I found it kind of funny one woman who was filling in as one of the staff was like "ohh! I would have loved to be in boarding school! you get to hang out with all your freinds! seriously this is the best time of your life" I wonder if she would have felt the same had she actually been in boarding school for 5 years....probably, I guess it depends on personality
I hated high school. My life only improved after that. Nobody ever told me it was the best times of my life though, although that was said to me about childhood (also false).

Victoras1984

Nov 10, 2009
College was nice. My current life, while having ups and downs, it's nice.

High School was AWESOME! I had a great circle of friends and we had the time of our lives (parties, love, intrigue, drama ... fun :D). I've also had a couple of great teachers that taught me the basics of math/programming and then pointed me in the right direction (to learn by myself).

So, bottom line, no responsibilities, immense personal growth, "discovering" the ... "interesting" ... stuff that you can do with the other gender, the best time of my life.

Also, this Bowling for Soup song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrxI_euTX4A

P.S.: Being a computer nerd doesn't always translate into high school misery and "outcastness", at least not in my home town. :)

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
nope, I live in a shithole, we were told when we went to university it'd be the best time of our life.

The Electro Gypsy

Aug 10, 2010
Lol I was never told Secondary would be the best time of my life. And if I was, they were lieing, it was infact one of the worst times of my life, I hated Wheelers

Astoria

Oct 25, 2010
High school was awful for me. I always get told that primary school is the best time of your life and so far I have to agree. I'm still young though and things are starting to look up now.

aDuck

Dec 13, 2009
Trust me, as soon as your out of school and into college/uni/work, you'll wish your back in high school.

Easy as assignments, no real accountability, and studying is optional.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
Monsterfurby said:
It's something I tell people. University* is great, but around the time of 13th grade (yeah, we had 13 grades in Germany)
only in western germany you do, where people are a little slower on the take^^ in east germany they punch kids through the same stuff one year quicker.

just kidding btw about the slower part^^

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
aDuck said:
Trust me, as soon as your out of school and into college/uni/work, you'll wish your back in high school.

Easy as assignments, no real accountability, and studying is optional.
been out for a year and half now

no fucking way I want to go back, ok its different for me because I was in a fachist Catholic prison a well respecting boarding school where you had to go to mass every sunday, plus the school was all girls meaning if I went back I would never be able to interact with a member of the oposite sex (save that one time in year 10 when we had dancing lessing with the other boys private school...my god that was hell)

oh and ALL GIRLS, now who the hell would want to go back to that?

anyway to be serious I supose its different for everyperson, I however hate the Idea of beliving one time of your life was the best ever I dont like to live in the past

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I'm in fifth form at the moment (grade 10, year 11 for you us/us pplz) and highschool is the best period of my life so far, but I'm pretty sure uni will be the best overall. Derp.

BringBackBuck

Apr 1, 2009
Highschool < Uni/College < Young/single/with job & disposable income < married with kids

That's as far as I have gotten so far - but each stage in life seems better than the last