Bethesda Has "No Timeline" for Dawnguard on PC and PS3

Bmagada

Dec 27, 2011
My question is why did they announce it would be for all three systems if they were going to pull this BS. AAA DLC practices are starting to get WAY out of hand. Alienating 2/3 of your customer base is not a very sound business strategy. Why even have a 30 day X-box exclusive clause if you had no concrete plans to release on any other system?

Hmmm I do wonder how many people are going to use the word "entitlement" wrong in this thread though......

Bmagada

Dec 27, 2011
Azuaron said:
Pandabearparade said:
Azuaron said:
But don't be an entitled twit.
Every time someone misuses the word 'entitled' on the internet, a cute, fuzzy animal dies a painful death somewhere in the world.

True story.
This is a proper way to use entitled.

Entitle: to bestow rightful ownership

These people are attempting to have bestowed rightful ownership to themselves. As this is obviously erroneous, that makes them twits.
No one has said a single thing about being owed this, just that it's silly to not give the entirety of your fan base the same thing and that it's retarded business practices. I think you're throwing entitlement out there as a label. I think you were going for this

Sense of entitlement: to have a feeling of ownership. So yes you misused it.

Pandabearparade

Mar 23, 2011
Azuaron said:
This is a proper way to use entitled.

Entitle: to bestow rightful ownership
No, it's not.

It would be 'entitled' if fans were claiming a legal right to the product. No one is. You used the word wrong and now a fluffy bunny is dead.

I hope you're happy.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
well, this sucks for every one of you who like Skyrim

as for me, couldn't care less. it's vampire DLC for a game i no zero interest in, it could have not come out at all and i wouldn't have been bothered

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
I swear I read news before that said they had a 60 day exclusive this time around...

But yeah, if they don't release it on PC I will probably post them some shit in a box. I just feel this would be more effective than a boycott.
Lunar Templar said:
well, this sucks for every one of you who like Skyrim

as for me, couldn't care less. it's vampire DLC for a game i no zero interest in, it could have not come out at all and i wouldn't have been bothered
Which leads me to wonder why the hell you're bothering to post at all.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I think we should just abolish the whole timed-exclusivity thing so many games are doing these days. It's just a pathetic marketing ploy to make the other gaming systems seem somehow worse because they get content later than usual. I'd rather Microsoft/Sony used the money to improve their games or the such like.

I don't know why gamers are being punished for spending a whole lot of money somehow on the 'wrong' platform.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
Wow... this sucks :(
I can empathize with those PC and PS3 die-hard fans, some of which were probably marking the days until the exclusivity period was over, only to get a "when it's done" excuse.
Better that they took more time to release on every system, and got a better product in the end, then do this kind of flawed "favoritism"

tofulove

Sep 6, 2009
i was really looking forward to this, watching the trailer at least once a day for a couple weeks in a row. now i have all but lost interest. i probably wont by it in tell its on a deep discount sale.

mik1

Dec 7, 2009
fuck the gaming industry. I'm just fucking tired of trying so hard to look past the ass-hat business practices I see in this medium. I'm done clinging to this declining industry.

Honestly fuck gaming. The price and the heartache is no longer worth it to me.

Maybe I'll get back into legos...

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I think I'll wait another year or so once everything has been released and just get the game of the year edition off Steam.

LongMuckDong

Aug 23, 2011
This is pretty fucking rude if you ask me... I have Skyrim on Xbox (but also game a shitload on PC & PS3), so I guess I'm lucky, but farrrk.. If I had bought it for either of my other platforms I would be knee-deep in fuming ****-rage right now!

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I like their plan. I was already only kinda interested in the dlc and now it makes it easy to not care about it at all. Money saved, thanks bethesda!

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Well, fuck you too Bethesda :D
Honestly, I don't really care. If they don't want my money, there are so many other games I can spend it on.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Volan said:
I think we should just abolish the whole timed-exclusivity thing so many games are doing these days. It's just a pathetic marketing ploy to make the other gaming systems seem somehow worse because they get content later than usual. I'd rather Microsoft/Sony used the money to improve their games or the such like.

I don't know why gamers are being punished for spending a whole lot of money somehow on the 'wrong' platform.
Pretty much what I was going to say about the whole DLC exclusive thing, especially when it seems to fuck over other platform players, but Bethesda seem to do a good job of that anyway.