Bethesda Says People Are Still Buying Horse Armor

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
C95J said:
Lawllerskater said:
C95J said:
hahahaha...

oh wait... I bought horse armour as well...

You spelt armour wrong.
You spelled "spelled" wrong. "Spelt" isn't a word.
Not in my dictionary :)
It is: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/spelt

I'll find the "important" part: (chiefly UK) Simple past tense and past participle of spell

dietpeachsnapple

May 27, 2009
therandombear said:
dietpeachsnapple said:
therandombear said:
Bethesda...use the darned money from Horse Armor and update a patch to FO3 so I can play it on my Win7 PC >:|

I'll be honest...I kinda bought the darned horse armor when I first got Oblivion...had some free points leftover so I bought several DLC for Oblivion...I didn't even use the horse, I lost it after 20 mins :>
Perhaps you could assist the habitually uninformed. How do you lose a horse? Plunk it down somewhere and wander off? Lead it to water and tell you that if it wants to leave, it must drink?
I dismantled and walked bit away from the horse to get something, when I got back it was gone. Couldn't find the horse anywhere at any city or main base in the mountains.
Huh... sounds like dickery. Sorry that wound up happening.

messy

Dec 3, 2008
HOLY SHIT where can I get me some of that sweet ass armour. I'm gonna look so damn pimp in the imperial city.

Haters gonna hate

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
therandombear said:
theSovietConnection said:
therandombear said:
therandombear said:
Bethesda...use the darned money from Horse Armor and update a patch to FO3 so I can play it on my Win7 PC >:|
Yours isn't working? 3 works fine on my 7 PC.
Works for 5 minutes then FO3 crashes, none of the code rewriting tips I get from forums work, nor does the unofficial patch either =/
Straight to desktop, no message.

I am, however, going to install vista on my other harddisk when I get my "gaming" pc back so I can play it. After what I've learned it is possible to have Win7 on one harddisk and Vista on other.

Is it a straight crash to desktop, or do you get an error message when it happens?
Where do you have it installed? I had mine under Program Files (x86) and it kept crashing, but it worked like a charm once I switched it to User/Games.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
therandombear said:
therandombear said:
therandombear said:
Yours isn't working? 3 works fine on my 7 PC.
Works for 5 minutes then FO3 crashes, none of the code rewriting tips I get from forums work, nor does the unofficial patch either =/
Straight to desktop, no message.

I am, however, going to install vista on my other harddisk when I get my "gaming" pc back so I can play it. After what I've learned it is possible to have Win7 on one harddisk and Vista on other.

Is it a straight crash to desktop, or do you get an error message when it happens?
Where do you have it installed? I had mine under Program Files (x86) and it kept crashing, but it worked like a charm once I switched it to User/Games.
Bought over steam so it's in the steam directory folders.

And believe me, I've tried every tips on the forums, from adding extra line of code to change the end of a code to the "simple" solutions and run game as administrator route.
And asking Bethesda support only got me a message saying "Tough luck, but it says it doesn't support Win7 and we're not going to make a patch"

So as I said, I'm going to try the 2 different OS solution when I get my gaming pc back xP

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
Wow, I just realised this means people have been buying this item for like, 6-7 years...
How many DLC's get that kind of lifespan?

EDIT: Can't remember if the game came out '04 or '06....damnit.

Ladette

Feb 4, 2011
Meh? I bought it when it was 200. I figured it looked kind of cool and I could either have horse armor, or a couple of packs of gum.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I own horse armo(u)r and I haven't even played Oblivion. What does that make me?

LGC Pominator

Feb 11, 2009
... I bought horse armour when I got oblivion...
I put it on shadowmourne...
Shadowmourne disappeared and I couldn't armour the next horse I stole...

*cries*

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
You mean horse armour is actually real?

I thought it was joke!

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A JOKE!
I got it with the GOTY edition. It's hilariously not-helpful.

But you know what they say... Sucker born every minute and all that...

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
You guys think that's bad? I own it... TWICE! I have Oblivion for the PC with both expansion packs, and I have Oblivion for the 360 with all the DLC. Which means that at least some money from my pockets went into horse armor, and then went into it again.

L-J-F

Jun 22, 2008
Seriously, people wonder why games don't evolve or improve. Publishers only care about money. They don't care what you think of a product, if you buy it then in their eyes they were successful, a good game is one that sells well, and if it does they will continue to make games like that until it's no longer profitable.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
I never understood the problem with horse armor.

Why does it have to do something mechanically to have value? If you like having a horse with armor, isn't that potentially valuable to you? Especially if it's only $2.

In fact, it's potentially better when things like that have no gameplay impact. If they have an impact, there are basically three possibilities:
(1) The change is so minor that it doesn't matter and the item really doesn't gain any value from it. (too many examples to list)

(2) The change isn't so minor.
OUTCOMES:
(2a) The change is a game breaker. (some of the DLC ME2 weapons, the ones that eliminate the disadvantage associated with a weapon class)
(2b) The devs have to waste additional time adding in some way to adjust the game balance to account for the change. (I can't think of any case where I've really seen this done)

(3) The item does something qualitatively new.
OUTCOMES:
(3a) The feature is so different that the item feels awkwardly tacked on. (too numerous to count, but a few of the ME series heavy weapons DLC can verge on this, some DLC characters in ME2 as well, though YMMV)
(3b) The feature changes the gameplay so fundamentally that it doesn't feel tacked on, but instead seems like a feature that just should have been in the game in the first place rather than DLC. (relatively rare, get it occaisionally with DLC characters, again, as in ME2)

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Look on the bright side, this means people are still buying the decent DLC in addition to getting suckered.

Anyway, I thought horse armor gave horses something like an extra 500 hp?

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Well some of those caves are really spread out and you don't want Shadowmare to look like just another peasent horse

EDIT:
Why all the hate on the horse armor? Ya its a joke, but its a joke that's worth it. There's a lot worse DLC out there for a lot worse games.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
gigastar said:
Meh, im not against pointless DLC, it up to the person if they feel like they want to buy it or not. If they feel cheated after purchase then you should have listened to what other people said about it first.

I may not feel like buying multiplayer skins in MvC3, but i did feel like buying extra characters.
I feel cheated because I used to get the same stuff included with the game. You used to have to earn your alt outfits and extra weapons. Now you just pony up and extra $15 for a couple of digital hats, and a sleek shiny digital outfit to parade around in online.

In the past the same content now being served up for sale as DLC would have been on the disk, Games used to have unworkable special levels, outfits, characters, maps, you name it. They still make the content now, they just decided to start selling it to people.

Dragon Age: Origins was pretty much the last new game I will buy anywhere close to release. The basic game was there sure you could play it. Sure there was a story. The whole time I was playing the game through it never felt alive to me. There was very little variety. It felt unfinished. Like I was playing the game right after they got all the basics and the majority of the story down solid but before they added the content.

Thank you for playing but from now on I am just going to wait a year or two for the super special cash in addition to come out that includes all the content that really should have been there in the first place - plus the one or two pieces of legitimate extra content.

Who knows, maybe I was spoiled before, but that still doesn't change the fact that I feel cheated for picking some games up early.