Big Boss and Raiden Appear On Kojima Teaser Site

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Indigo_Dingo said:
Ollie596 said:
Militares Sans Frontiers

Military without a land" or home perhaps? So could be a flashback game about Bigboss setting up Outer heaven. Still that dosn't explain Raiden.

The logo seems to a map of Europe without the UK with a bit of Africa.
Its a patrtially rotted skull
Jesus how did I miss that.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Onmi said:
It could be an MGS with stealth replaced with Metal Gear battles, or a Stealth Gear
Or wait...could it be? Super Smash Solid Brothers!

No wait... Kojima Productions/Konami isn't at that point yet.

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Onmi said:
Mstrswrd said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
I still like my "It's actually Raikov" theory, because that would characterize Kojima as the most successful troll of all time.
Don't quite get the troll comment, but I was thinking something simmilar (I've been thinking that this will tie Raikov to Raiden, and Big Boss to them both).
Because Kojima can string along continents to form wild goose chases and get their hopes up. Plays with their emotion like a Troll.

Remember MGS2?
I get the troll comment now, so thanks for the explanation. However, I enjoyed MGS2 a lot more then MGS1. Partially because of Raiden, because the idea that Snake, the character we know from (if you played Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2) 3 games, is passing the torch is interesting. That even Snake is human really made me enjoy MGS2 a lot, yes, even with whiny bishonen Raiden.

Also, I almost completely understood MGS2 in my initial playthrough, so the complaints about it always kinda flew over my head.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
skcseth said:
Onmi said:
skcseth said:
Wow, I thought Kojima said he was done after MGS4?
He thought he was done after MGS2. I'm sure he would prefer to be doing ZOE or Boktai or Snatcher.
I say we start a petition for a new ZOE game.
Good idea. Those always work. While you're at it can you get Firefly back on the Air?

But a new ZOE game would be brilliant

Berndawg69

Nov 19, 2008
quiet_samurai said:
I got it! I got it!

Okay level with me here..... (takes deep breath) Raiden has an eyepatch because he had his eye removed so he could then have an implant of Big Bosses remaining eye which was preserved in a secret Fox Hound base in Antartica. Then having Big Bosses eye implanted ensues him to live on through Raiden via his preserved eyeball. The dual screen shot you see of Raiden and Big Boss is merely a Hideo misdirection to make you think they are physically in the same game but in fact live as dual personalities in Radidens mind. Therefore the eyepatch is there merely to protect the newly implanted eye of Big Boss but also is preferred by his preserved identity when he is living through Raiden because of having the eyepatch for his own for so long....

Yep, if that doesn't scream Hideo Kojima i don't know what would.
i think you nailed it, that's totally kojima's style, and you notice in the pictures that the have opposite eyes covered, Raiden put big boss's good eye and he's got it bandaged

Berndawg69

Nov 19, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Onmi said:
It could be an MGS with stealth replaced with Metal Gear battles, or a Stealth Gear

more likely "MGS4 subsistanance", you see where i'm going with this

benwaddell

May 27, 2009
Lets hope, if it is a new MGS, they end it at the right time... sitting through those last 45 minutes of MGS4. Necessary? Yes. Enjoyable? No...

Berndawg69

Nov 19, 2008
Onmi said:
Berndawg69 said:
Brotherofwill said:
Onmi said:

more likely "MGS4 subsistanance", you see where i'm going with this
Um guys about a few posts up I posted the exact translation of the article, it's none of those.
well, the PSP game is going to have that big boss looking character, and the PS3 game is going to have raiden, kojima said he's putting solid to rest, so it makes sense that raiden would get another game as main character

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
I have the idea the Ninja on the image isn't Raiden. However, it can't be Gray Fox either because Big Boss looked much older (and much more like Sean Connery) when Snake almost killed him in Metal Gear 2. I think it's a new character and, judging from Big Boss's face, this game probably is going to take place somewhere between Portable Ops and the first Metal Gear.

bimbley

Jan 31, 2009
Berndawg69 said:
kojima said he's putting solid to rest, so it makes sense that raiden would get another game as main character
Metal Gear Raiden...? Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it?

Fact is guys, because of the way MGS has set itself up, (with various people being clones of BB and the possibility of accelerated aging) these characters could be almost anyone. Might as well wait for a bit more info.

-Bimbley

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
I do love a good mystery since I the last Lost series is 9 months away.
But I dont have the mental ability to process the thoughts of Hideo Kojima.

Im afraid if we really want to access the unique cognitive arrangement of his brain, the only people that can help are in straight jackets.

Im gonna wait until he stops fucking around and straight up tells us what the game is.
Which will probably be about 3 minutes before the game ships.

Sir Ollie

The Emperor's Finest
Jan 14, 2009
Ok ok ok...tinfoil hat time

Raiden was the adopted son of Solidus, who in turn was the son of Big Boss. With the sons of the Boss dead prehaps its time for the "grandson" of the Boss to rise up and take his place with the legend that was Big Boss, Meaning a Raiden game.

Or I could be complety wrong damn Kojima.

DrScoobs

Mar 6, 2009
well. HERE IS MY THEORY! :D anyway i think that mgs3 was someone going back in time (as someone who has seen the infamous 'time paradox' game over screen may know) and i think that someone may have been raiden. how about a way to bring big boss from the past into the future?

also whether it is on xbox 360 or ps3 (or both!) is the real question for me (either way it will start fanboy wars)