BioWare Defends Mass Effect 3 Launch-Day DLC

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
The.Bard said:
So, Mr. Zeel, it appears that so far the only factual evidence you have submitted is a first draft leak of an outdated script translated from Russian. Do you have any real evidence you'd like to submit?
Win, just pure win.

Also zeel you have yet to prove the leak was from the content lockdown phase, don't lie.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Loethlin said:
Vigormortis said:
Zachery Gaskins said:
"WHY DOES HIS HAMBURGER HAVE BACON? MINE DOESN'T HAVE BACON. I DON'T CARE THAT HE PAID MORE FOR HIS BURGER - YOU KNEW ALL ALONG YOU COULD PUT BACON ON THE HAMBURGER - WHY ARE YOU LYING TO US"

So what the whargarblers are saying, essentially, is that a hamburger is incomplete unless it has bacon on it?
But...but...a hamburger really isn't complete if it doesn't have bacon on it. The burger looks so lonely on the bun without it's little crispy friend with it. :(
Don't forget the cheese. It MUST have cheese. It's called a cheeseburger, then, I guess. But still!
Unless you're, you know, lactose-intolerant. <.<

(for a bacon cheese burger, we can..nay...will make an exception)

animehermit said:
Vigormortis said:
It doesn't matter who the developer is.
In what sense? That they'd still defend day-one DLC regardless of the game or developer, or that, regardless of developer, day-one DLC is BS?

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
Zeel said:
The.Bard said:
So, Mr. Zeel, it appears that so far the only factual evidence you have submitted is a first draft leak of an outdated script translated from Russian. Do you have any real evidence you'd like to submit?
Didn't I refute this point already. that "draft" was in the content-lockdown part of development. Do you know what means? No MAJOR CHANGES. JUST SUBTRACTIVE OR MINOR.
All trailers, demos, every smidgen of information released from nov to this day have confirmed EVERYTHING IN the leak.
Do you actually have a counter point or are you just fishing?
No. No, you didn't. You made up a nice tale about it being in content lockdown, but the existence of a draft in NO WAY proves ANY of what you are claiming. Newsflash, bud; that whole draft was translated from RUSSIAN! If it's even half accurate, I'd be impressed.

Don't make me pull out Airquoting Turian again! I have my finger on the "Airquote Turian" button... it's hovering... don't make me push it!

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Nowhere in there zeel does it state the leaked script is from content lockdown stage.

also as the quote points out THE CHARACTER IS STILL IN THE GAME AND STILL GIVES YOU THE INFO YOU NEED, ALL IT DOES IS MAKE HIM RECRUITABLE.

NO
STORY
CONTENT
LOST

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Zeel said:
Ukomba said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
A 10 dollar DLC might end up costing them millions in potential buyers that are turned off because of this, whereas the announcement that a 10 dollar DLC that includes a Protean will be included in all versions for free might have brought in people that might not have bought it or were on the fence about it.

I always planned on getting the CE but that's just bad business right there.
Boycotts never work (L4D2 anyone?), and this won't matter at all the the vast majority of players anyways. Anyone here no longer going to buy the game over this?
Actually the boycott worked in that situation. They were mad a sequel was being released so quickly. So Valve decided to make a bunch of maps for l4d1 and the game still is getting update.

second, yes boycotts work, read up on Battlefield 3 and Dead Space 2. If they really think their cash is in risk, they will change. No doubt about it.
L4D2 - "The boycott was not especially effective because the pre-order sales of Left 4 Dead 2 quadrupled the pre-order sales of Left 4 Dead."

Dead Space 2 - I can find no existence of a Dead Space 2 Boycott.

Battlefield 3 - Is a unique case. I don't believe the boycott did anything, but the argument that the game would be unbalanced with it certainly carried weight. Anyways, this isn't exclusive content or a balance issue, anyone can get this.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Zeel said:
animehermit said:
Zeel said:
Ukomba said:
Vault boy Eddie said:
A 10 dollar DLC might end up costing them millions in potential buyers that are turned off because of this, whereas the announcement that a 10 dollar DLC that includes a Protean will be included in all versions for free might have brought in people that might not have bought it or were on the fence about it.

I always planned on getting the CE but that's just bad business right there.
Boycotts never work (L4D2 anyone?), and this won't matter at all the the vast majority of players anyways. Anyone here no longer going to buy the game over this?
Actually the boycott worked in that situation. They were mad a sequel was being released so quickly. So Valve decided to make a bunch of maps for l4d1 and the game still is getting update.

second, yes boycotts work, read up on Battlefield 3 and Dead Space 2. If they really think their cash is in risk, they will change. No doubt about it.
Valve does that with every multiplayer game they produce. TF2 is still getting free updates years after it's release.
So what? Stop replying to me, if you arent going to make a point.
Valve applies periodic content updates to most, it not all of its games. His point was that L4D2 would've been updated with the L4D maps regardless of boycott.

I.e. the L4D2 boycott was useless.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Exactly the point?

boycotts aren't this supremely Dev shaking things you make them out to be.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
animehermit said:
Vigormortis said:
In what sense? That they'd still defend day-one DLC regardless of the game or developer, or that, regardless of developer, day-one DLC is BS?
I mean that the developer shouldn't really matter. I think it's entirely based on what the DLC is and what type of game it is.

Rare powerful weapons in competitive multiplayer?(notice I said competitive not Co-OP) No good.

Optional characters? I have no problem with this.
Fair enough. That's actually my line of thinking as well.

However, and let's face it here, if they had enough to time start, complete, beta-test, and bug fix a (as they put it) hefty chunk of DLC in between when the base game was completed and when it's set to release, then either it's not as "hefty" as they're implying or they started work on it long before the base game was complete.

In the end, it's up to the fans to decide. I don't really care either way. Not interested in ME3.

Still, Bioware could have saved themselves some strife if they had just waited a month or even a week until they released the DLC. They had to know the shit-storm they'd face releasing it day-one.