BioWare Tackles Strategy with Command & Conquer Generals 2

Asmundr

Mar 17, 2010
Mantonio said:
Lost In The Void said:
Well EA butchered the C&C franchise and the Red Alert franchise, might as well make it a 3 for 3 job right?
Oh come on now, Red Alert 3 was awesome.

Also, since Bioware is making it, I expect a large part of the game to be romance options.

And your commander turns out to be totally gay for the Chinese commander.
I thought I just heard my friend fan girl over that last bit o_O
I think I should slowly move away from the computer...coming between her and this stuff isn't healthy...

Paragon Fury said:
RTS do work fine on consoles. Halo Wars worked fine, and Endwar worked damn well too.

Hell, I'd take a refined version of Ednwar's Voice Command System over a mouse and keyboard anyday. Its just too bad not enough people bought Endwar to warrant them making a sequel to further refine the game.
I enjoyed the system somewhat. Your right though on that it should be refined.

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
It's not BioWare. EA just renamed one of their other studios BioWare Victory since BioWare is perceived as quality these days and is pretty much the only reputable named studio left under EA.

bloob

Feb 10, 2008
Paragon Fury said:
RTS do work fine on consoles. Halo Wars worked fine, and Endwar worked damn well too.

Hell, I'd take a refined version of Ednwar's Voice Command System over a mouse and keyboard anyday. Its just too bad not enough people bought Endwar to warrant them making a sequel to further refine the game.
it would take a lot of refining Endwar you could only have 9 units on a battlefield at once and Generals had no population cap. The lack of population limit was one of the things i liked about it, massive tank battles were always epic.

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
Amnestic said:
The GLA got money from murdering enemies and their Black Market generated a steady stream of cash iirc. It's been a while since I played it though, so I might be misremembering.
This is true, but you only get the money from killing people if you spent your (general?) points in upgrading it... I've been playing it again with the shockwave mod, it's awesome

IamGamer41

Mar 19, 2010
This is like asking a veteran baseball player to play in the Superbowl.Sure they might get the jist of the game but you know they are going to get creamed at some point.

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
Really? This is what Bioware is doing next? This was what those cryptic screens and clips were for? After creating two hugely successful game series of their own they are now making a sequel to someone else's old strategy game? Granted I have never played the original, it might be great, but I'd rather have Jade Empire 2 please or something totally new ... but mostly Jade Empire 2.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Hmm Bioware can't seem to handle their own franchises properly anymore, much less revive anyone else's, especially when they have no experience whatsoever with the genre.

If I had to guess, I'd say this will be exactly the same game, possibly spiced up with a feeble attempt at story (like World in Confilct); more of a re-release than a sequel. I don't really care since I'm not a RTS player but fans of Generals deserve a good game.

JaceArveduin said:
...my question is this: Will there be a BFME3 after The Hobbit comes out?
Very good question :D. I'd love to see one of those.

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
I actually enjoyed C&C3 and Red Alert 3 (even if the campaign was really weak in the latter). Will be interesting to see what comes from this.

sindremaster

Apr 6, 2010
I'm sorry EA, but changing the name of the developer of a game to Bioware doesn't make it a real Bioware game.

Next year EA sports will become Bioware sports.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Please don't screw this up Bioware, C&C Generals is one of my most played RTSes.

sindremaster

Apr 6, 2010
Frostbite3789 said:
Do you complain when Valve games are only distributed on Steam as far as digital distribution is concerned?

No?
Not the same, I already use Steam all the time and for almost all my games. If I used Origin like that I wouldn't complain. EA did it 10 years too late.
Plus they change the prices to local currency, which means $120 for a game. Steam does not do this.
Edit: Almost forgot, if you say the wrong thing on a forum, or someone quotes you and says something, you lose all your games.

Gaias

Apr 2, 2009
Bioware name feels more like a corporate virus and slowly consuming every branch of EA until it becomes a single entity of Bioware Corp.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
AndyRock said:
Amnestic said:
The GLA got money from murdering enemies and their Black Market generated a steady stream of cash iirc. It's been a while since I played it though, so I might be misremembering.
This is true, but you only get the money from killing people if you spent your (general?) points in upgrading it... I've been playing it again with the shockwave mod, it's awesome
I thought the GLA also got pickup drops from enemy vehicles automatically. If you ran over it with a fully upgraded/un-upgradeable vehicle, you got money. Otherwise, it boosted the stats of your unit.

Paragon Fury said:

Halo: Wars played like Baby's First RTS and Endwar's voice command system was awful. I admit, I only played the demo, but it was more than enough to drive me away. I was constantly re-inputting commands because the stupid machine apparently couldn't understand my mild British accent.

Felipe Nurwandi said:
Y
BioWare Baldur's Gate: Frostbite (With Frostbite2)
*twitch* Don't even fucking joke about that man. Baldur's Gate is my favourite RPG of all time, and frankly I'd be ecstatic if it never got another iteration in the series. It needs to be left well enough alone, as a testament to the greatness of what the Infinity Engine and late 1990s-era Bioware/Black Isle can bring us.

Another D&D RPG? Fine. But not another Baldur's Gate game. Never.

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
Amnestic said:
I thought the GLA also got pickup drops from enemy vehicles automatically. If you ran over it with a fully upgraded/un-upgradeable vehicle, you got money. Otherwise, it boosted the stats of your unit.
ah yes forgot about that, but it's not really enough, and better spent on upgarding units rather than just taking for the $40

plugav

Mar 2, 2011
shadowmagus said:
plugav said:
shadowmagus said:
plugav said:
I'm predicting EA will open a BioWare Sports studio in no more than six months. Nice way to butcher a brand.
This statement made me physically ill. I think I need to lie down.
Er... Sorry for that, I meant no harm. I'm just confused and a bit upset by EA's strategy to name everything BioWare.
The reason it makes me sick is because it's probably true. EA is beginning to throw Biowares good name all over the place and the consequences are likely to be very very bad.
There's some hope, at least, that the "original" BioWare will continue to do what they're good at...