BioWare Unveils Mass Effect Trilogy

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Harbinger_ said:
I'll likely buy it if it includes DLC for all three games. Operation Overlord is the only time to date that I have ever cried because of a video-game.
Get Red Dead Redemption. You will cry.

Angelazreal

Aug 30, 2011
This just make me think that somewhere out there; one person didn't buy the games waiting for this day. 2007...wait...2010...wait...2012...wait for it...N7 day...NOW! S.O.B sniped us.

Nov 28, 2007
ZippyDSMlee said:
So they dumbed down ME1 so all the ME 2/3 fans can play it right?
Go back and replay ME1. You'll see that it was already plenty "dumbed down". At least ME2 and ME3 had more gray areas for deciding what the better choice was, rather than "blatantly Paragon" and "blatantly Renegade".

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
BrotherRool said:
Darn it, I bought ME1 when it was slashed on Origin in the hope that one day I'd own a PC(well laptop) that can play it.

Does anyone know if the choices from the ME1 version can carry over to ME2 and ME3 on the PS3? It seems to me that maybe they wouldn't have bothered to stick that bit of code on the PS3 versions, but if they do carry over, it'd be well worth checking out
That may have been a futile hope. I've actually found it much harder to keep running on Windows 7 than I did on XP... :\

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Yay! Finally, PS3 players will get to play Mass Effect 2 and 3 the way they were meant to be played. And I'll finally be able to get my trophies for Mass Effect on the PS3. I have always hoped this day would come. The only game franchise where I will own two of every game.
Um...you WILL be able to transfer your save file from the PS3's Mass Effect over to your old copy of Mass Effect 2, right? Because that comic doesn't do it justice.

The_Waspman

Sep 14, 2011
As someone who only has a PS3 for playing games, not only am I overjoyed that I will finally be able to play Mass Effect 1, but totally surprised that I will be able to play it on my system.

Not sure yet whether I'll spring for the whole package or just download the first game (I guess the UK price and extra content thing will determine that. And trade in values for 2 & 3) but just the thought that I'll be able to experience the whole trilogy (and hopefully be able to carry one character through the whole thing) is enough to make me break my 'only five games this year' rule.

Captcha: patience, child. My god have you got it right there Captcha.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
thebobmaster said:
ZippyDSMlee said:
So they dumbed down ME1 so all the ME 2/3 fans can play it right?
Go back and replay ME1. You'll see that it was already plenty "dumbed down". At least ME2 and ME3 had more gray areas for deciding what the better choice was, rather than "blatantly Paragon" and "blatantly Renegade".
Well bioware has not been able to do anything more than a coule routes for a decade. Shooter aspect of ME 2/3 is a tiny bit more polished but the Mako made the game for me the crap they put in ME 2/3 to replace it sucks, I also do not care for the new equipment and crap.

I almost long for the days of KOTOR at least the gameplay was deeper than dragon age. ><

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011

Should have waited, should have waited, should have waited.

Is ME3 still going to be coming out on the WiiU then? Because now it seems even more pointless.

Tumedus

Jul 13, 2010
crazyrabbits said:
I also saw a photo in another topic showing what appears to be an HD screenshot from the original game, sans the film grain that was present in the original release. I guess EA's trying to make this re-release more worthwhile for the CoD crowd, but that grain was a deliberate choice in the game as evidenced by the making-of materials for it. Not sure if I agree with removing a game's style just to fit in with the latter entries.
Fwiw, you were always able to remove the film grain in the original game. They are likely just showing screenshots w/ it turned off so it looks better for advertising purposes.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Let me clear my throat, ahem-

Suck it brother!!!

I knew at some point they will release a triliogy box especially for the PC but my brother was like "Just buy the individual games already!".
I can assume the the pc version will be in good/ decent quality and not a direct port like Dark Souls: Prepared to Die edition!
well, Mass Effect 2 and 3 are indeed a pretty low port in comparison to the first one
but then again, they hired a third party company (Demiurge) to port the original one, and 2 and 3 were ported in-house

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
From a dirty PS3 console player is ME1 really gods gift to man in comparison to 2 and 3, or is this just a massive troll that everyone's in on?

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I already own all of them, so... yeah.
But if the PC version doesn't require Origin, I might buy this just so I can run ME3 without needing to install Origin on my computer.

endplanets

Mar 18, 2011
Insert generic statement of ending being bad.

Man, if I still didn't have all games I would totally get this. If a person doesn't have any of the ME games this is a great deal.

I wonder if on November 7th we get some kind of special event in the ME3 multiplayer.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
Rogue 09 said:
Would somebody please explain to me how Mass Effect is a good story? Villains are various and never well developed, the main character is completely wooden no matter what path you choose, and (speaking of choosing paths) the whole game is basically an invisible hallway simulator. It's a space game where there is no space gameplay. You are captain of a point and click ship. It was no different than the Kings quest games. Move something around and click on anything that lights up.

Terrible series. I had high expectations for it and it delivered on none of them.
I've only played 2 so I might be jumping to conclusions but I agree here the Dialogue options where usually just different ways of doing the same thing and the inventory... or lack thereof sucked.

Anyway... does this included the DLC or not?

1nfinite_Cros5

Mar 31, 2010
Johnson McGee said:
Does this mean I can finally play ME3 without breaking my Origin / EA DLC boycott?
I hope to God that they don't make Mass Effect 3 Origin-required. I've held off getting Origin for this long. If EA and Bioware don't make it mandatory for an Origin install on PC, I can assure them that they will sell more copies.

Fingers crossed.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
For a moment, I almost had a heart attack from the possibilities of a Mass Effect 4.

Thank you, BioWare. You may have half-assed the ME3 ending, but this is fricken amazing. Thank you.