BioWare Unveils Mass Effect Trilogy

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
RJ 17 said:
Any information on what these "in game events" are? Are we talking everyone gets some free equipment packs for the multiplayer or is there going to be a special mission or something wedged into the campaign for a week or something?
No idea whatsoever. All the info BioWare released, I passed on. I would assume it's some kind of single-day multiplayer "special op," maybe with bonus drops or something. You know how BioWare is with trickling out information...

(Actually, you may not know. They dole it out infuriatingly slowly, little bits at a time.)

Artemicion

Need superslick, Kupo.
Dec 7, 2009
I've already got all three games, but I'm incredibly pleased to hear that ME1 (which is in my opinion the best) is at last coming to PS3 gamers.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Why does generic Shepard look like the dirty cop who gets his face blow off by Bruce Willis in the first 20 minutes of the movie? Your a big god dam hero, Shepard, look like one! Anywho, still don't own 3 yet. Still waiting for something to come of Origin.

Jan 13, 2012
Well I already own all three + all DLC. I even bought 2 copies of 2 & 3. This does nothing for me. I'll tell my friends who haven't played the series to buy it or something due to it being a fantastic series :D

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
MrHide-Patten said:
From a dirty PS3 console player is ME1 really gods gift to man in comparison to 2 and 3, or is this just a massive troll that everyone's in on?
There is a big touch of rose tinted glasses.

I replayed the whole series recently and graphically there is a serious step up between 1 and 2. Also pacing wise Mass Effect 1 is a lot slower, especially combat wise. However, as soon as you get into it the story is as compulsive as the rest of the series, and there is more of a sense of an RPG to it because the equipment is much more workable and interchangable. A lot of the side missions use the same indoors map, but because its space its not immersion breaking, The citdadel is a lot more open and explorable but a pest to navigate at times.

Its still a very enjoyable game, but its showing its age a bit. That said, i plan on playing the whole series through again with a fresh char.

Don't play it expecting the instant action of ME2 or ME3 though, ME is a lot more roleplayery

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Rogue 09 said:
Would somebody please explain to me how Mass Effect is a good story? .
whats the point?

youve already made up your mind...

Snotnarok

Nov 17, 2008
I'm sure the joke here is, you get all 3 games, you just need to pony up for the DLC.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
stevensane1 said:
Agreed. Any attempt to answer a provocation like that would be pointless.
its why "can somone tell me?" threads are silly

the person already had their veiw and unless it isnt something totally subjective if they have to explained then they probably arent going to ever like x or whatever

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Surely you could just get them all individually for cheaper than that?

MrHide-Patten said:
From a dirty PS3 console player is ME1 really gods gift to man in comparison to 2 and 3, or is this just a massive troll that everyone's in on?
It's decent enough. But the series was much better of when it fully embraced its Guns 'n' Conversation model. Good luck with the combat though if you've only played the second and third.

ZippyDSMlee said:
I almost long for the days of KOTOR at least the gameplay was deeper than dragon age. ><
Yeah, in Opposite Land maybe.

Afr0Blu3

Sep 14, 2011
I have them all on 360 (including a good portion of the DLC), I recently switched camps to PS3, so this seems like very convenient timing to me. Love an excuse to replay them all again.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
Well, to me this only screams "ME1 IS COMING TO PS3!!", which is great news I've been waiting for since my gaming rig crapped out and I switched to PS3 as my main platform. I was being slowly driven to desperation in my want to play the entire series in one go, recently running my ME1 copy on my laptop (it... doesn't run well).

My wife will forever curse the date of Nov. 7, is all I'm saying.

crazyrabbits

Jul 10, 2012
Tumedus said:
crazyrabbits said:
I also saw a photo in another topic showing what appears to be an HD screenshot from the original game, sans the film grain that was present in the original release. I guess EA's trying to make this re-release more worthwhile for the CoD crowd, but that grain was a deliberate choice in the game as evidenced by the making-of materials for it. Not sure if I agree with removing a game's style just to fit in with the latter entries.
Fwiw, you were always able to remove the film grain in the original game. They are likely just showing screenshots w/ it turned off so it looks better for advertising purposes.
You're right, I forgot about that option.