Conflict between Palestine and Israel escalates

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010

(The original case that defined 'Stockholm Syndrome' is largely discredited, as it is apparent the hostages in that Stockholm bank could have been reacting rationally to the police not placing much importance on their safety.)
I believe that the syndrome was invented by the authorities to discredit the hostages when they didn't go along with the narrative. Which, in context, yeah.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020

Hi. The Gaza Solidarity Encampments in April and May 2024 were mocked by politicians and dishonest pundits, despite the fact that the college protesters were totally right. Go to https://ground.news/SMN to stay fully informed. Subscribe through our link for up to 40% off unlimited access this month

SOURCES: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F...

Chapters:
00:00 - Intro
02:03 - What the protesters want
09:51 - Opposition to the protests
21:45 - Swampy Cream
23:11 - What really happened at Columbia
42:47 - What really happened at UCLA
51:38 - The police and free speech
1:01:15 - The protesters are right
1:06:33 - The media failed
1:13:15 - PCU
1:18:26 - cream

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
I don't believe an intelligent person can look at that tweet with the digital equivalent of dumping white out on the page before photo copying it and not be suspicious that they are leaving things out. I bet if you find the full report, it reads something like this:
95. The Commission identified patterns indicative of sexual violence in several locations and concludes that Israeli women were disproportionally subjected to these crimes. The attack on 7 October enabled perpetrators to commit SGBV and this violence was not isolated but perpetrated in similar ways in several locations and by multiple Palestinian perpetrators. The Commission did not find credible evidence, however, that militants received orders to commit sexual violence and so it was unable to make conclusions on this issue. However, inflammatory language and disbelief around sexual violence, observed with both parties, risks silencing and discrediting survivors, further exacerbating trauma and stigmatization.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I don't believe an intelligent person can look at that tweet with the digital equivalent of dumping white out on the page before photo copying it and not be suspicious that they are leaving things out. I bet if you find the full report, it reads something like this:
None of that contradicts the tweet. The Jewish State in Palestine terrorist organization claimed to have proof of systematic mass rape ordered by Hamas officials. The UN investigated and concluded that, among other things, they did not have such proof.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
None of that contradicts the tweet. The Jewish State in Palestine terrorist organization claimed to have proof of systematic mass rape ordered by Hamas officials. The UN investigated and concluded that, among other things, they did not have such proof.
UN: "We don't have concrete proof of every terrible thing being accused. But don't minimize any of this, or you're part of the problem."

Tweet: "UN says there's no proof. It's over!"

You: posts the tweet without comment.

Do you ever feel even a little guilt about purposely making people less informed?

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The Labour manifesto was published this morning. Given that they're almost certain to form the next government in less than a month, it's relevant to post the section dealing with Israel and Palestine;

Long-term peace and security in the Middle East will be an immediate focus. Labour will continue to push for an immediate ceasefire, the release of all hostages, the upholding of international law, and a rapid increase of aid into Gaza. Palestinian statehood is the inalienable right of the Palestinian people. It is not in the gift of any neighbour and is also essential to the long-term security of Israel. We are committed to recognising a Palestinian state as a contribution to a renewed peace process which results in a two-state solution with a safe and secure Israel alongside a viable and sovereign Palestinian state.
So, commitment to recognising a Palestinian state "as a contribution to a renewed peace process", and calls it an "inalienable right". OK, promising so far, and also good to see it doesn't make peace a precondition of statehood. Its understood that Labour included this due to the prospect of losing votes in the Muslim and progressive communities.

...but there's still a bit of weaselly language there. Peace isn't a precondition, but it doesn't make it unconditional. It seems to leave the door open for an internal judgement that the peace process isn't at the right stage or some other excuse. I'd have liked more solidity and unambiguity.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
UN: "We don't have concrete proof of every terrible thing being accused. But don't minimize any of this, or you're part of the problem."

Tweet: "UN says there's no proof. It's over!"

You: posts the tweet without comment.

Do you ever feel even a little guilt about purposely making people less informed?
The tweet included: "It concludes that though there was violence against women (SVGB)"

it literally explicitly referenced what you're saying. There is no contradiction. You just want there to be a problem.

...but there's still a bit of weaselly language there. Peace isn't a precondition, but it doesn't make it unconditional. It seems to leave the door open for an internal judgement that the peace process isn't at the right stage or some other excuse. I'd have liked more solidity and unambiguity.
Don't worry about what Keith says now. Every day is new, full of all sorts of plans and promises to declare and later discard.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
The tweet included: "It concludes that though there was violence against women (SVGB)"

it literally explicitly referenced what you're saying. There is no contradiction. You just want there to be a problem.
It included a qualifier while literally deleting the actual context. That qualifier is a trick to make you think it's a reasonable, even-handed summary. It's shameless propaganda, and you really could use some more shame.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Did you bother following the thread that follows?
No, I did not read any further down the ridiculous nonsense.

I can read the actual report though:
" The woman has what appears to be a large blood stain on her trousers around the genital and gluteal area. "
" The woman had been undressed from the waist down, with her genitals exposed and bearing blood marks on her genitals. "
Oh, and also:
" In some cases, there were indications that gasoline had been used to set genitals on fire."

So basically, your twitter thread is "Oh my god, they didn't even use the word nail! It was a hoax the whole time."

Seanchaidh, I have never heard the accusation of nails in vaginas. I googled it and found nothing at all of substance. What a stupid thing to "debunk".